PDA

View Full Version : Best 3A to raise a family and coach???

SAAGGIE13
11-10-2003, 10:40 PM
My wife and I are looking at relocating in a couple of years to a 2A/3A school. We started teaching at Rice Consolidated and stayed for three years. I was the varsity G-BB coach. (1yr) We moved to San Antonio and have taught and coached at a junior high in big 5A Converse Judson. (My Alma Mater) The move was great for many reasons. I have learned a lot and have a state ring on my finger which is nice. We miss a smaller school. The sense of community and the relationship with the kids and are looking for a great small town to call our own in the future. Any Ideas???

3ahunter2k4
12-07-2003, 11:12 PM
Bellville is a great place to call home.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-08-2003, 12:05 AM
He's right Bellville would be ideal, but assistant coach's do not stay in Bellville long.
I wonder why?

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2003, 06:52 AM
Liberty Hill is a great town, with excellent schools. It is close enough to Austin to be convenient, without the big city closing in.

KTJ
12-15-2003, 01:32 AM
be careful with most 3A schools near metro areas (celina, pilot point, burnet, forney, decatur, sanger, gainesville, elgin, etc...) because they are growing and won't be 3A for long.

it's hard to gague a "best 3A or 2A" school because schools switch classifications so many times.

however - whatever job you take (*cough- GAINESVILLE -cough* :D ) you should make it the best. good luck to you and your wife.

crabman
12-17-2003, 03:33 PM
Cuero has been 3A forever and will continue to stay that way. They sit right in the middle to upper middle of 3A regardless of alignment. Varsity was 9-2, JV 7-3, Freshmen 9-1, 8th grade 9-0, 7th grade 7-2. Total town support. Great tradition. 9 trips to the finals in last 33 years. Total administration support. Legendary Booster Club. Close to Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Corpus, Victoria.

BurnetBacker
12-25-2003, 10:13 AM
Burnet i hear may be looking before the year is out if Waco has its way. Ask anyone weve played about how the fans are and loyalty that lives forever.

Commerce Fan
01-02-2004, 08:10 AM
Commerce is looking for coaches now and if you take away the college it would not even make a good 1 horse town! Very laid back! Send your resume

sportsguru
01-11-2004, 09:35 PM
There are many good 3a and 2a schools out there.. I guess it would depend on what area in Texas you would want to live in. You said you used to coach at Rice Consolidated. Why did you leave that school? From what I have heard, if you work at for that school district, no rules apply to any of the employees. I guess you are not a Lone Star Light drinker!!!!
I saw where you were asking about Luling on another topic. I heard where they may go 2a... If that is so I think they will be very competitive at a lower classification.

SAAGGIE13
01-14-2004, 09:50 PM
My wife and I left Rice Consolidated to be closer to family in San Antonio. My father was having heart problems. Let me add a few words about Rice and Administration/Supt./School Board. I hold the men and women in these postions in high regard. I respect the way the situation was handled. They did what they thought was the right thing. We are still looking at different places and keeping our eyes open. Thanks for the advice.

sportsguru
01-15-2004, 11:40 AM
Each person is entitled to their own opinion about who they respect and who they don't respect. you said that the Rice people in charge handled the situation correctly. I have to disagree on that note. I think every school district in the state of Texas and every school district in the United States would agree that the school district was in the wrong for not suspending the man until his trial date. Letting him coach the team in the playoffs was wrong. What kind of precedent are the school board members setting for the school district. I talked to a former employee and he said that he was fired because he failed a drug test. I know that the person was in the wrong for doing something for failing a drug test but he was not endangering anyone with what he was doing on his own time. And yet, they allow a person that drinks and drives in a school vehicle and hits a police officer in the school vehicle to keep his job, even though he has admitted to doing everything. (it is all on the internet) (wharton newspaper)..
I am sorry that you had to leave Rice for the family reasons that you had, but I think you are better off not being at a place such as that. I think you could pick any school district in the United States and you would be at a better place... This is just my opinion, but I know my opinion is shared by many.......

SAAGGIE13
01-17-2004, 08:53 PM
You do make some valid points. I have no idea about precedent and legality of suspending teachers/coaches. Maybe their hands were tied???The whole situation was sad because of the kids. I base my respect for these people on first hand experience of dealing with them and working with them. My history with them was positive. Maybe they felt the legal system would follow due process and make a hard decision for them. I don't know. I guess we shall see. Guru, are you a coach?

sinton66
01-27-2004, 12:22 PM
SAAGGIE13:
My wife and I left Rice Consolidated to be closer to family in San Antonio. My father was having heart problems. Let me add a few words about Rice and Administration/Supt./School Board. I hold the men and women in these postions in high regard. I respect the way the situation was handled. They did what they thought was the right thing. We are still looking at different places and keeping our eyes open. Thanks for the advice.I don't know if you already have or not, but I'd say check out Cuero. It's not far from San Antonio, and has a great program. If you're looking for a place to call home and want to retire from there, I'd suggest Sinton.

BHKrystal06
02-24-2004, 05:42 PM
Don't listen to any of them. Barbers Hill is the best place to coach!

AggieJohn
03-26-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by BHKrystal06
Don't listen to any of them. Barbers Hill is the best place to coach!

well i don't know about that, but the money sure is good!!!

Titans
04-07-2004, 11:13 PM
I've seen a great deal of 3A towns in Texas and there are many that you DON'T want to be in, obviously.

To narrow the field to one is not an easy task. That would be saying the others are not worthy, which isn't the case.

In my humbled opinion, I'd say:

LaGrange
Kennedale
West, although football teams aren't very good
Liberty Hill

Those are just a few that I'm fond of. My favorite would be LaGrange...close to Austin, Houston, College Station and not too far from San Antonio.

Just a thought!

3afan2K3
07-25-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Titans
I've seen a great deal of 3A towns in Texas and there are many that you DON'T want to be in, obviously.

To narrow the field to one is not an easy task. That would be saying the others are not worthy, which isn't the case.

In my humbled opinion, I'd say:

West, although football teams aren't very good

Those are just a few that I'm fond of. My favorite would be LaGrange...close to Austin, Houston, College Station and not too far from San Antonio.

Just a thought!
West have VERY cheap gas compared to other places, plus there are the czech bakeries

Supertilley
08-01-2004, 10:19 PM
d