PDA

View Full Version : giddings rumors

mindy
10-29-2002, 08:59 PM
eek! can someone tell me the new word on the campus of giddings and whats going on ... hint (head coach maybe)

INOUNVME
10-29-2002, 09:08 PM
Nice post there Mindy. Hope you get lots of attention on this one. Few things to remember when it comes to rumors. First, when a new system is taking place, there will always be rumors. Second, when tough times fall, again rumors will be flying. Thirdly, when a well-loved coach leaves, once again rumors will run crazy. I am not posting to be an a$$, but to point out the obvious. I wish EVERYONE in Giddings the best on their run to the play-offs. Coaches, good luck and keep 'em going hard. Kiddos, keep your heads up and play 'em one at a time. Community, support the kids, they need to see it and hear it. Not preaching here, but once again, stating the obvious. Hope everyone in G-Town is doing well. Good luck against those Hippos. GATA Now, let the rumors continue, I am off my soapbox.

mindy
10-29-2002, 09:15 PM
great post inounvme, do not need attention, really just wondering why the buff nation has been so quite on the 3a down low,,,, you must know coach ivey very well as i remember, how is he holding up...????

slinky006
10-30-2002, 01:13 AM
i myself have wondered why the posting by giddings fans has been rapidly declining the past few weeks. As for the rumors, i have also heard things, but since there is no way i can verify the things i have heard, i will keep my mouth shut and silently ponder. good luck to the Herd on Friday.........hope you guys can make a playoff run.......

INOUNVME
10-30-2002, 07:23 AM
Mindy, to answer the question the best I can, Coach Ivey is surviving. Two (2) weeks left in the season and the play-offs are out of the picture. Guess when you are in that position, you have to take it one day at a time and just keep your head above water. Hope everything is well in Giddings. Tough loss to La Grange on Firday night, but the kiddos seemed to have lots of fight in them. Any truth to rumors that have been flying concerning changes?

gochargers!!
10-30-2002, 08:33 AM
Considering the tough schedule these guys had at the beginning of the season, I think they have done well. They played some of the toughest teams in the state before district, and they held their own. They have been in virtually every game, and had chances to win the La Grange game, had it not been for a couple of key plays. INOUNVME is right, the first year is always tough. However, w/ a win over Hutto, the BUFFS are in the playoffs. There is something to be said for that. KEEP YOUR HEADS UP, BUFFALO NATION!!! Go out there Friday and BEAT THE HIPPOS!!!
http://wtv-zone.com/kkc/na/anibufflo.gif

INOUNVME
10-30-2002, 09:24 AM
Gochargers, I do like your support of the Buffs. Hope that they do get after the Hippos and secure a play-ff spot. After that, anything can happen. I do have to say this, that Buffalo Nation stuff is wearing me out. Cut it out please. I realize that times change and there is a new regime, but come on now. I care about those players in Giddings more than you can imagine and this Buffalo Nation stuff is not what they are all about. Stick with old faithful - GATA, HAW, or Buffalo Pride.

buffalo booster
10-30-2002, 09:36 AM
The rumors are definitely out there...

Some folks have said that Coach Odell won't be back next year. Some folks have said that Coach Ivey wants to return to Giddings. All of these rumors are, of course, rooted in the won-loss record.

If the Buffs were 6-2, instead of 2-6, nobody would be payin' much attention to the rumors. But, people (players, parents, fans) are pretty frustrated with the way things are going. And, I believe that the coaching staff has to accept at least some of the responsibility.

I agree with GoChargers above. The Herd has had a tuff schedule and the kids have played well enough to win most of their games. But, the "new offense" experiment was a bust in the first 3 games. The QB shuffle wasn't very effective either... So, it is pretty easy to point the finger at the coaches for the way that things are going.

Personally, I have mixed feelings about this thread. I'd like to hear what other Buffalo fans have to say but, at the same time, I almost wish we could save our discussion for later. (I doubt that this is possible, though.) The kids are one win away from the playoffs and they need to stay focused. I really don't want to create any division in the Buffalo Nation.

So, I need to insert something positive here. With a victory over Hutto or Elgin (hopefully, both), Giddings will clinch a spot in the playoffs for the 5th straight year. Go Buffs!

INOUNVME
10-30-2002, 10:03 AM
I for one have heard all of the rumors going around. I responded earlier as to why rumors actually start and continue. The first year can be very tough. Also, you have to take into consideration on how well a new staff and the kids respond to one another. Sometimes there just isn't any chemistry. The record could be 6-2 or 2-6 and without continuity between coaches and players, the season will be difficult. From my limited knowledge base of happenings, this seems to be the problem. I have heard that many folks were upset not at the record or performance, but overall attitude. I am not knocking anyone or anything, just stating how I feel and what I have observed. Did this make any sense to anyone or was I just rambling? Good luck to the Buffs and get after 'em early. GATA

lovedaddy06
10-30-2002, 11:06 AM
Just one thing to remember folks, people hate change. You can glorify it all you want with rumors, but people hate change. I have only attended one game this year and I know the Giddings folks pretty well. It's a small town and people are not use to a guy that has new ideas or offensive systems. All they said was what kind of offense are they running the whole game. I know for fact when Coach Warrick took over for his first season the town wanted him hung the streets because of the simple fact it was a new offensive scheme and so forth. The stands were empty after starting 0-4. All these things will lay aside when Giddings does make the playoffs. Got to like thier odds with Hutto and Elgin left. :rolleyes:

gobraves
10-30-2002, 11:13 AM
First, I want to say roll on BUFFALO NATION! I am not sure where the phrase came from but I understand that it came up in a conversation with a friend and gochargers...if this is true, I say well done friend!
Second, I would like to weigh in on this rumor situatuation. This staff has only coached 8 games!! What are we Jerry Jones? Are we not going to give this staff a chance? I realize that there is nothing more beloved than a coach who has success in a program and then moves on but it is not fair to judge these guys so quickly. Let's give them a chance. I believe they will produce players that THE NATION will be proud of for years to come as well as this years playoff run!
Third, we may not have taken care of business in LaGrange last week but Hippos beware we are heading in your direction! After this win we will be playoff bound!
Finally, INOUNVME, just a word for you, dude! It is time for a change. Times change and I throw my full support behind booster and gochargers when I say it is great to be able to hear "THE RUMBLE FROM THE NATION" coming! So if you don't like it then get out of our way because BUFFALO NATION RULES
http://www.buffalo-bison.com/pictures-image/gallery/thumbnails/buffalo_bison22_jpg.jpg !
gobraves

<small>[ October 30, 2002, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: gobraves ]</small>

Lombardi
10-30-2002, 11:17 AM
Do you think Giddings will win out??

INOUNVME
10-30-2002, 11:23 AM
Gobraves, I am glad that you are vocal in support of Buffalo Nation, "dude". Agree, change can be a good thing, when needed. Do you honestly think that a change was needed in Giddings? The program was established and set. What is to change. Dude, I have been part of one of the most succesfull programs in the state of Texas - as a player and coach. I watched this program go to trash because people did not respect the tradition that was built. Building tradition and a program takes lots of work and effort on the parts of athletes, faculty, coaching staff, and community. You go out and ask the community of Giddings if they wanted this type of change you are talking about DUDE. I have said it before and now again, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Ever heard that one, DUDE?

Jacket2000
10-30-2002, 11:32 AM
mindy:
great post inounvme, do not need attention, really just wondering why the buff nation has been so quite on the 3a down low,,,, you must know coach ivey very well as i remember, how is he holding up...????Nothing shuts people up like a losing season.
J2K

Lombardi
10-30-2002, 11:37 AM
What is the problem? Coach Ivey has moved on to the 5A level and has to be drawing big $$$'s.I assume numerous assistants went with him. From what i understand, Giddings lost the house last year to graduation.Any new staff that did not inherit those kinds of players will definitely not be as good.Sometimes that is hard to accept but coaches are only as good as their players.

gobraves
10-30-2002, 11:38 AM
INOUNVME....first the only thing you NV is the BN!
The second thing you need to know is that if things were still the same...players, coaches, etc. then you are right there would be no need for change. But I have a newsflash for you, "dude", you are no longer a player and there is a new coach so I guess it is time for you to allow his legacy to be played out! If he fails then he fails but at least give him a chance!
I guess the point for you is if you are a true fan you will support your team no matter what!
NATION SPEAK OUT SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!
http://www.buffalo-bison.com/pictures-image/gallery/thumbnails/buffalo_bison24_jpg.jpg
gobraves

gochargers!!
10-30-2002, 11:40 AM
Wouldn't that be a luxury, dude?? Not having to change anything...a grand idea. Problem 1...graduated most of the players from last year.....Problem 2...coaches left....Problem 3....you're closed minded... Doesn't seem to me like there are a lot of options left. The Administration had enough faith in these guys and THEIR system to bring them to Giddings, so why don't you believe in them? You've got it all figured out, and you were a coach....so why don't you take the reins? If it ain't broke, don't fix it is a novel idea, but when the original equipment is gone, you gotta get some new stuff, dude.

Just give them a chance...they deserve it.

BUFFALO NATION It just rolls off of the tongue so well...

INOUNVME
10-30-2002, 11:56 AM
Gobraves, obviously you have not read many of the posts that I have provided in the past. I might not be too frequent on here, but my posts are always positive when it comes to Giddings. Many people on here know me personally and they understand that I am behind the athletes, coaching staff, and community 100% - winning or losing. You began this by calling me "dude." I am not your "dude". Being a traditionalist, I respect things in a program that have been present and were focal points. Ever seen the statement - "Those Who Stay Will Be Champions" written anywhere? That is a focal point of a certain room. Tradition is built over time. You think I am a close-minded person when I am most obviously a person that respects tradition. I am not putting you down, but I honestly do not think that you have ever been part of anything BIG. Ask #53, #91, #86, #8 if tradition means anything. Many will say to let the past go, great, but also let the past help you make it through tough times. GATA

gochargers!!
10-30-2002, 12:06 PM
Let's all settle down...We're all Buff Backers here. Go Buffs!! Go Get The Hippos!!!

2001GiddingsLB
10-30-2002, 12:07 PM
Gochargers and Gobraves you have obvviously have not read inounvme's posts very well he has clearly stated that he supports the coaches, players, and town throughout this thread. Furthermore, you don't need to be telling him to be quiet or support cuz he does nothing but support. This man has probably known more about football then you think you do. Also, respecting the coaches isn't an issue, because every one is gonna have their say after a losing season. No one cares if you lost everybody or if you have the most talented team ever if you lose you are talked about so get over it. Adhere to the tradition of THE HERD and try to become champions instead of constantly defending a losing season, turn the darn thing around.

gobraves
10-30-2002, 12:17 PM
Lombardi:
What is the problem? From what i understand, Giddings lost the house last year to graduation.Any new staff that did not inherit those kinds of players will definitely not be as good.Sometimes that is hard to accept but coaches are only as good as their players.\

NV, this quote expresses my feelings as well.
I also believe that you have gotten your posts mixed up...I never called you closed minded. I believe that was someone else. I guess if you are fully in support of coaches and the players in Giddings then you should be hooking up the band wagon and asking people to get on rather than bringing up past events that bring up "glory" from the past when the team today is fighting their guts out to make the playoffs! The bottom line is we all need to be suppporting the Buffs right now!
The past is great and history is important but we need to be in full support of the present!
By the way you need to congratulate me on my "tiddlywinks" championship I won when I was 7!
That was something GREAT!
gobraves
http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/images/header/atl_logo_top.gif

gobraves
10-30-2002, 12:25 PM
GO BUFFS!

<small>[ October 30, 2002, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: gobraves ]</small>

gochargers!!
10-30-2002, 12:29 PM
We're 2-1 in district, with a good chance of making the playoffs...After an 0-5 start....I think we are turning around.

Once again..GO BUFFS!!! BEAT THOSE HIPPOS!!!!

gochargers!!
10-30-2002, 12:29 PM
<small>[ October 30, 2002, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: gochargers!! ]</small>

oldbuff78
10-30-2002, 12:49 PM
Sorry I don't get a chance to post as much as I would like, being on the road so much in my new job keeps me moving. After coaching for 20 years and being in the know like most coaches are, I hate to say it but the screening used in getting the current coach in Giddings was not good. I will be on my laptop more today if you want my opion in detail, let me know. Maybe I can shed some light on hiring a Coach.

slinky006
10-30-2002, 01:22 PM
oldbuff78, good to see ya, you always seem to have great insight and much knowledge on the subject, whatever it may be. As far as the coaching talk goes, i think the new coaches at giddings have been doing a decent job this year, seeing as how they lost a huge talent pool and have been trying out new things on offense. The season could have turned out a whole lot worse. I agree with INOUNVME, tradition needs to be respected, and although the buff nation may have seemed catchy to some at first, GATA, HAW, and the Herd have always been there, and will continue to be there throughout the years. good luck to the Buffs against those hippos!!

gochargers!!
10-30-2002, 01:44 PM
Every school in the state has GATA'd & HAW'd...They've always said "Sic 'Em Bears" at Baylor....and that hasn't make them a good football team.

Go Buffs!!

INOUNVME
10-30-2002, 02:09 PM
Oldbuff, I second the motion that it is good to see you back on here after a long absence. I too do not get a chance to frequent the location often. You seem to have much insight into the goings on in G-Town. What is up with all of the stuff being said? 2001 LB, thanks for the support on here. Like I said earlier, a few people know me and they know that I fully support everything in Giddings and the school system. My only gripe that I have is that some people seem to firmly believe that changes to a program are needed. I agree that many athletes were lost to graduation, but a core of good athletes with a solid work ethic were still available. I am not saying the coaches have done anything wrong at all, but some posters seem to talk without knowing anything about the business of running a PROGRAM. If any of you do not think it is a business, then why do coaches lose jobs for having a poor season? Again, good luck to the Buffs. GATA as always.

oldbuff78
10-30-2002, 02:34 PM
Good points INOUNVME, and yes it is a business. I want to ask you a question first, and after you reply i will give you more answers. Would you rather have winning seasons every year or a roller coaster long term program? Where would you draw the line on the long term program? Please reply.

buffalo booster
10-30-2002, 02:37 PM
INOUNVME -- agree with what you've posted, particularly earlier regarding "sometimes there just isn't any chemistry." There's a good group of athletes out there. They're playing well, just not well enough to win the close ones.

The "chemistry" was certainly there last year. There was a mutual respect between the coaches and the players, and the results were obvious. It is something that is lacking this year.

I believe that the kids will still play hard and should beat Hutto this week. That should help their confidence level going against Elgin.

INOUNVME
10-30-2002, 02:45 PM
Oldbuff, I think a program that is consistent with the wins is best. But a winning season can also be 6-5. That means the play-offs. I came from a program that was a serious contender year in and year out. State champs my sophomore year, lost in the state game my junior year, and 7-2 senior year and missed the play-offs. Following year, back to the quarters. That is what I think a program is all about. So, a slight roller coaster has to be expected, but winning is also present. For some, a roller coaster may be 3 losses. Is there any way that you can have a combination of the two? That make sense?

oldbuff78
10-30-2002, 02:54 PM
I think you can have a combo, should GISD given IVEY some money to stay? YESSSSSSSS. In Giddings everybody wants to win but not fork out the money for great coaches to stay. Coach Barbay has been in Newton for almost 30 years and they take care of him. LaGrange is taking care of Tony V.
Giddings should have never hired the coach they have now. They should have hired a great 4 or 5 A assistant who would come down and have some fire. Thats what they did with MCCaig and Ivey i am told.

hotrock
10-30-2002, 03:08 PM
my take for what it is worth... i have read several of NV post and braves and chargers post.. i think that you have to know the difference in change and tradition. you can have change ie different offensive system or defensive system but keep with certain or many traditions that are in place at a school. braves and or chargers must be coaches or players at giddigs and b/c of there losing ways this year get upset with people that say that traditions dont need to change, and they say that these folks should let go of the past. And quit crying about all that graduated last year and all that crap. I know for a fact there are some dang good athletes still on the field at giddings. It takes years to grow and oak but only one slappy and 15 minutes to cut it down. braves and charges need to step back and look at the program that was already established, was it really so bad that it all need to be scraped and changed, i dont think so. But it seems that this is what has happened so take the criticism for making changes and then those changes not being successful. Quit blaming it on everything (the athletes, the fans, the old traditions) and look in the mirrow.

hotrock
10-30-2002, 03:12 PM
forgot ... Good luck buffs. Go win this week and and secure your playoff spot.

INOUNVME
10-30-2002, 03:26 PM
WOW!!!! Hotrock, I have no clue who you are, where you are, or where you came from, but again, WOW. You really let loose on that post. Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel. I am not sure if you totally support my idea of tradition, but I think we are on the same page. I appreciate your support. By the way, what is a slapa$$ anyway? Buffs, keep up the good work and get after those Hippos. As it should be forever and ever - GATA. Scrap the Buffalo Nation - keep THE HERD.

gochargers!!
10-30-2002, 03:28 PM
I'm trying to let this go, and ya'll keep bringing it up. Not a player or coach..nice try. Hotrock....learn to spell. I'm all for tradition. I work for a family owned business. My grandfather has run a petroleum business for 53 years. There are some things about his business that I appreciate. Honesty, integrity, caring for customers and standing behind your word. He has no use for a computer. However, computers have made our business run much more efficiently than it did in the past. Granted, it took a while to get all of the kinks out. But once we did, things started running smoother and faster. It is a lot easier to email an order than to hand write the whole thing. Nobody is trying to run tradition in the ground. I appreciate the strong football tradition that Giddings has. I applaud you guys for backing that tradition as well. Just like my grandfather with the computers, I'm just asking you to give them a chance.

BTW...gobraves....congrats on the tiddlywinks.

Go Buffs!!

gobraves
10-30-2002, 03:40 PM
I wonder if mindy knew what she was starting when she fired off her post? Let me address a few things. I would like to thank chargers for the shout out on my tiddlywinks championship! My mom was very proud!
I would also like to point out to NV that you have just made my point. You are not willing to change anything!
Do you think that at some point someone introduced "The Herd"? Oh my bad that was named at creation!!!
Can there not be new things added to tradition along the way?
I guess that you probably wanted to fire Jimmy Johnson after his 1-15 season in Dallas too huh?
He had talent! Those guys were professionals.
The only thing that I am saying is give these guys a chance.
By the way I am not a player or a coach in Giddings, but I wish I were. It is about to get cold out and the overpass I have been living under leaks when it rains. Plus my internet connection is slow! Maybe when you guys run the Odell staff out of town I can get a job there!
gobraves

<small>[ October 30, 2002, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: gobraves ]</small>

INOUNVME
10-30-2002, 06:14 PM
I would like to get into a battle of wits with you, but it would be worthless. At what point and time have I put down anyone on the staff, team, faculty, etc.? I just think that a program needs to stay consistent even through change. Is that possible? If you want proof, ask me and I can give you an example of one that did just that through 5 head coaches from 1965-1999. Let me know if you want some information on a system/program and how it can survive change. Programs can add wrinkles, I agree to that. But, the base and structure of the whole can remain the same. Maybe we can agree on that point. Let me know if you need me to provide you with some reading material. The program I speak of is a H.S. program in this state with lots of tradition. GATA Buffs. 2002 Play-offs await you.

hotrock
10-30-2002, 06:36 PM
braves -- let me help you out some here for folk such as yourself apply to slappy university and earn yourself a degree and then apply for a job. you say you arent a coach but wish you were coachin in giddings, rite after you say give them a chance. are you incinuating you could do a better job then the crew now?? since you are all knowing, how do you feel about the staff that left giddings? do you feel you could have been a part of that staff? you seem to be the kind of guy that i enjoy laughing at with other coaches when you post on boards like this b/c you are the kind that are a great coach in the stands and with the kids off the field but cant get the degree to do the job. but if you are a coach somewhere why didnt you get the job when it opened up last year, just curious.
chargers -- i do apologize for my spelling and typing ability maybe it is not up to par with those of you like yourself that make no mistakes in your profession and of course would do a much better job then any of us coaches when it comes to making changes in system but keeping all traditions. please make sure you are perfect in your job before you tell me how and what changes will improve my job.

mindy
10-30-2002, 08:22 PM
:D well, i certainly did not mean to cause such a hissy, gobraves and charger sounds like you have a little more invested than some grandfathers business, but then again maybe not. but i find it hard to believe that a true giddings historic figure would get as fired up as you two have... if you both will go and read all the post, i don't think anything negative was said about the coaching staff, just speculation... i truly think some coaches have found out just how truly hard it is to coach in lee county, you better field a team that is well coached or they will pick you apart... again not second guessing of play calling that goes on everywhere, but work ethic will always be known because the present coaches are following a staff that had every I dotted and every T crossed prior to Friday night kickoff.... that statement is not a knock but the gosphel truth... hard to follow that but it can be done... also you two: brave boy and charger boy: keep talking about all the talent that left after last season, go look a collier sharps strength of schedule last year for 3A high schools and guess who played the toughest 3A schedule in the entire state of texas,,,, I bet you can guess can't you,,,, well i will tell you this, you don't do what they did on pure talent,, quit crying, go to work and win the games you should, last year is over but good programs always will feed off their past, that is what bulids tradition and winning even when your not as talented.. NV they are messing with the wrong people, they just don't know it... smart girls do rule and NV tell the red head hello! enough said

2001GiddingsLB
10-30-2002, 09:32 PM
Excuse me, did you just compare the 1-15 Cowboys to the 2-6 Giddings Buffaloes, Ha! Yeah great comparison way to compare Jimmy Johnson a man who won 2 college national championships at Miami to John Odell a man who took 2 teams to the 2a high school playoffs. Point well made. Looking into the past is something that builds pride, and looking to the future is what builds desire and hope. So shut thy mouth about the current and look to see what can be improved in the future.

INOUNVME
10-30-2002, 09:45 PM
Mindy, we once again cross paths and I am glad that I am on YOUR side on this one. WOW - the Gospel According to Mindy. That was one heck of a piece of art. I was actually blushing during a part of it. Some of us actually know what tradition is and what it takes to keep it going. Thank you again for all of your support. As for the man you are referring too - he is doing OK. Tough season, but that can build lots of character. I would love to tell him "hello" from you ,but who is "you". lol

2001 LB, I am glad that you came along for this ride also. Good to know that the old Buffs that know what tradition is all about are sticking together. Hey, I saw #5, #3 and #1 at LG last Friday. They really looked good. Wish you guys could suit up a few games for us this year. Glad you picked up on the Cowboy's thing. What a dork for making that analogy. Some guys are just much better suited for sticking their butts and the stands and keeping their mouths shut. Either that or go study forestry at some East Texas college. Take care of yourself and get that rod and reel ready for some serious work. Give me a call.

Buffs, keep up the good work. GATA

gochargers!!
10-30-2002, 10:37 PM
Hotrock..Sorry about the spelling comment. I'm married to an english teacher and my mother was one, too. I guess some of that has worn off on me over the last several years. No hard feelings?? I screw up plenty at work. Just ask anybody I work with.

I have a 3.5 year old, but I don't think I've ever been so misunderstood in my life. TRADITION IS GREAT!! Just trying to back the coaches & players of today. Keep up the good work, guys.

Mindy....not trying to "mess" w/ anybody. Just like you..voicing an opinion.

For what it is worth, my wife & I found out that we are going to have a little boy in March. Football player in the oven. It all comes back to the kids... :) :) Man...YOU GOTTA LOVE FOOTBALL.
Go Get 'Em, BUFFS!! I hope your 3-1 in district in about 48 hours.
Keep up the good work!

gobraves
10-31-2002, 10:15 AM
CONGRATS CHARGERS on "captain winky"!
I agree with the comment of being misunderstood...if you look back at my earlier post I simply asked for you guys to give Odell and his staff a chance to make their own legacy. No I am not a historic Giddings fan but I did grow up in Taylor, that is right home of the ducks and I believe that for several years Wayne Schroeder and his staff handed it to the BUFFS. That may have been years ago but that is what I know! So yes i do know a little about Buffs history. You guys misunderstood my comment about JJ as well. It is simply an analogy that is saying if the Cowboys had given up on Jimmy when he was 1-15 we would not have 3 super bowl rings today.
But Jerry let him get his system in place. Did people want to run him out of town when he was struggling? YES! But he had those faithful Cowboy fans who stuck with him through the hard times and as a result were able to enjoy the good times!
Just give these guys your support and see what happens! That is what TRUE fans do!
GO BUFFS GET THE HIPPOS!
gobraves

INOUNVME
10-31-2002, 10:41 AM
I will be the last to try to run anyone out of town. Heck, I am far removed from the place but still have strong feelings. Anything I could possible say would not mean jack to most people anyway. Here is the bottom line - there is a lack of communication, caring, trust, enthusiasm between staff and kids. Am I the only one that sees that? I am just your regular old fan in the stands and it is obvious. Will that change with time? Who can answer that but father time himself. Will time waiting for cohesiveness do more damage to a solid program? Again, a question that can not be answered by me. Someone try to make sense of all of this. Let us removed fans know what is going on.

2001GiddingsLB
10-31-2002, 11:52 AM
congrats on the baby go chargers and go braves Giddings has beaten Taylor every year since 98 I think. So I don't recall anytime when Taylor handed it to Giddings or at least not when I was in high school.

gochargers!!
10-31-2002, 12:09 PM
Wasn't Schroeder in Taylor in the mid-late 80's?? Just wondering.
http://www.smileycollector.com/images/smiles/questionmark.gif

gobraves
10-31-2002, 02:15 PM
Chargers you are correct! That was the mid 80's to mid 90's that was a stretch when the DUCKS made 13 straight playoff appearances! LB i was just making a point that I do know a little about central texas football. I was not trying to put anyone down!
Can we all just agree that we support the BUFFS! Perhaps we differ on silly things like Buffalo Nation and the herd...(do you realize that is where most of this started?) but we all have the Best for for the BUFFS at heart!
GO BUFFS!!!!
gobraves

mindy
11-11-2002, 06:26 PM
boys, you all know we are not through with this thread, we will continue when the time is right unless one of you true giddings fans have something they would like to get off your chest.. :D