PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Basketball Starts Monday

husker_football_fan
12-06-2003, 02:12 AM
Bellville was flat out played, out coached, and didn't have near the fight or heart to be the best tonight in College Station. Being apart of the Marlin crowd tonight was great. Even a few people figured us out as 3Adownlow.com members and supported us. Good to be with the people in purple tonight! Rice vs. PI at 2:00, should be another good one, great game tonight, hell of a job Marlin, thanks for giving myself and my radio parnter something to smile about from ear to ear. (formerbellvillebrahma how about the basketball team for this year?)

Steve
12-06-2003, 03:13 AM
I dont know what is wrong with you and bellville, but I think you need to get your head out of your a$$. Cause cutting down a high school football team and their coaches is low! Can someone back me up here??

Bell_06
12-06-2003, 08:23 AM
Like winning, there are always contributing factors as to why a game was lost. Saying that one team was "out coached" or "out played" is not necessarily degrading the opposing team. In the end these are usually the key reasons. But as I tell my daughter... if you are going to lose let it be because you were beaten, just don't give up.

HHSBRAHMA/RICERAIDER
12-06-2003, 08:36 AM
First, I would like to say sorry for the loss Bellville! You have some fine athletes!They had a fine season. But my concern is over the fact that the opinion of one Bellville fan can make a announcer lose his job! Come on,it is a High School football game for Christ Saks!Now that the football season is over maybe you can chew some grass and relieve some stress by dropping a few cow patties!

sinton66
12-06-2003, 08:36 AM
A 2 point victory is out-played, out-coached and so on? I think someone needs to get a life. Marlin simply made some great defensive plays when it counted, that's why they won. Both teams are to be congratulated on a superb game. Exciting to the very end.

bd62
12-06-2003, 08:51 AM
that post was uncalled for. give marnin credit but dont run down a team that was 13-0 before this game which shows they were doing the right things. a 2 point victory is just one play from being the other way. then you could say "i know why marlin lost".

Bell_06
12-06-2003, 09:07 AM
Good point HHSBrahma/Riceraider.... It is hard to believe that a passing comment made by a radio announcer could lead to this. Seems a little lopsided to me. If this announcer broke every code of ethics set forth by the station that he was working for, then they did the correct thing by holding him responsible for his words. But the comment I read concerning the "pasture" did not justify anyone loosing their job. After the incident earlier this year involving several area coaches I find it odd that we are willing to hold a radio announcer at a higher level of morality then we do our very own coaches and teachers.

Like many from Bellville, we are truly sorry that one overzealous fan put his emotions infront of his brain. I wish the best for this family, it has to be stressful especially with the holiday season upon us.

husker_football_fan
12-06-2003, 09:16 AM
Steve:
I dont know what is wrong with you and bellville, but I think you need to get your head out of your a$$. Cause cutting down a high school football team and their coaches is low! Can someone back me up here??First off it is rivalry, no different than aggie/longhorn. As for you comment on my head and its location, grow up son. With the wepons that Bellville had, there were key points in the game that their coach failed to use them. They were not ready. Cutting down a team and their coaches is far from the obvious statements I used.

husker_football_fan
12-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Bell_06 Nicely done.

sinton66
12-06-2003, 09:22 AM
Well, I'd bet that IF your points are valid, the Bellville staff already knows it. Why do you feel it's neccesary to point it out? I saw this game. Marlin made several key defensive plays when it counted, and that's the reason they won.

husker_football_fan
12-06-2003, 09:32 AM
late in the game, 3:00 min. third and 1 then fourth and 1, two bad calls in a row. Why cant we talk about it. Yes you were there, as was I. They were not ready to play. How about the opening drive were Marlin took it down the field with ease. By now I would think you of all people would see that this is a message board to talk 3A football and other sports. Can a man not come out a speak his opinion. And the points were valid, what is sad is you watched the game, do you not understand football, seems like it. Maybe you saw a different game than I did. If this is a message board to say good job and good luck over and over again, then I guess I am in the wrong place.

sinton66
12-06-2003, 09:40 AM
There is a very fine line between discussing something and rubbing people's nose in it. If you are as wise and as good a fan of 3A football as you say you are, you should know this. Remember, these are kids, I see no point in torturing them for sake of your "rivalry". Try to be the bigger person for a change, you might get to like it.

husker_football_fan
12-06-2003, 09:53 AM
Marlin was very good. It was just sad to for the kids. For weeks maybe years they will have to think about what could have been the drive to victory, stalled on the 20 yrd. line with two bad play calls back to back. And yes I know the Bellville coaches know about it by now, the kids dont get paid to make good calls. These are grown men who should be reminded about the season that could have been. Its a long way till August. Bellville never got in a rythem or patern with the offense. Some boo birds came about against Marlin when they contiued to run the RB draw up the middle. But it was clear that coach had a game plan and stuck to it. Didn't see that from the Brahmas. They have great kids, and brought a huge crowd. Tough to see some of the play calls I saw last night. Alright I am going to San Antonio, for Rice Raider Broadcast and hopefully a Reginal Championship. 98.3 FM if your in the listing area. The sound of Rice Raider Championship Drive football.

Bell_06
12-06-2003, 09:56 AM
Husker_football_fan
This mentality began back when our kids entered the first sport available to then when they are quite young... T-ball. As I recall, there was never a score kept, never a winner or a looser, everyone was equal, life is great. No one spoke of how he felt as an individual because we surrounded ourselves with an air of utter utopia. That was great for those younger kids, but some have not come out of that mode. Yes this is a discussion board, yes I find it interesting and informative to hear input from others who do not express my exact views. I hope that this board will eventually include the other sports our kids are involved in as eagerly as they do football... oh and occasionally toss in something about academics would be grand :) . At the same time I hope we continue to include the students into the conversations here... I understand that at times they struggle to make postings accepted by most.... hence the head and $$'s comment.

To think some people are paid the big bucks to analyze games and here we are all willing to do it for free...

sinton66
12-06-2003, 10:03 AM
It is your opinion that the play selections were bad. I wondered myself why Bellville chose to throw on 3rd and 1 several times. The difference between you and me is that I relaize that Coach Chancellor is BOUND to know more about what his team is capable of than I do. That's why he's a coach and I'm not. You'd have to sing a different tune if those calls had worked. That's life in the coaching world, hero if it works, goat if it doesn't. No need to rub his nose in it.

punt
12-06-2003, 10:04 AM
It is evident from the statistics that the Bellville ground game was shut down. How come? The defensive coaches at Marlin had a plan that worked and Bellville could not make the adjustments to overcome that. That is being outcoached. Its a mind game that all coaches have played and won some and lost some. It is not being derrogatory to a program. Pointing a finger at a hs kid and laying the total blame on him is wrong. This year Marlin was better prepared to force Bellville into mistakes, last year it was Bellville that came out on top. This is a place to discuss what happened and how and every post is not putting down a program its just having a discussion. Marlin earned some bragging rights, as long as they are decent I don't see it hurting anything if they posts on here. Some people are sore losers and some are poor losers, there is a difference.

MARLINFAN
12-06-2003, 10:17 AM
well punt since you saaid it like that. rankings and records dont mean a thing. bv enter 13-0 #2 ranking in the state of texas. marlin entered 9-4 no ranking(previous #3 ranking early on. marlin has all ways been a gret team but they just didt click early in the yr. now if you think about it that was the #2 team in the state vs the #3 team in the state. marlin only has lost to 1 3a opponent this yr(#1 burnet)and 3 4a schools. this would mean by this statement that marlin is the #2 team in 3a and always was. if marlin wins out hopefully there will not be an argument over the #1 team in 3a. come on dogs 1 game away. finish the yr with the mindset that u entered last nights game. u refuse to lose.

sinton66
12-06-2003, 10:20 AM
Uh huh, and the "basketball" comment served what purpose exactly? If his purpose was to have meaningful discussion why point out something that is already perfectly obvious to everyone in the state? If you guys are such exspurts, go get a coaching degree and try it for yourselves. I'm not knocking anybody, Marlin deserved the win because their kids executed when they needed to. My point is the coaches only call the plays, it's the kids that have to execute them. Lay off the coaches, guys.

<small>[ December 06, 2003, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

turbostud
12-06-2003, 11:16 AM
But my concern is over the fact that the opinion of one Bellville fan can make a announcer lose his job! raiderradio lost his job because he used profainity on this website not because of the opinion of FORMERBELLVILLEBRAHMA. FORMER didnt force him to use those words.

HHSBRAHMA/RICERAIDER
12-06-2003, 11:38 AM
TURBOSTUD, This website has nothing to do with his job. If I recall there is an amendment pretaining to the freedom of speech. How would you like to be judged on things away from work and the next day you come in and your're fired because you used a four letter word on a website? Seems a little unfair doesn't it? Again I will say that there needs to be some perspective here!

Bellville22
12-06-2003, 11:55 AM
husker_football_fan:
Bellville was flat out played, out coached, and didn't have near the fight or heart to be the best tonight in College Station. Being apart of the Marlin crowd tonight was great. Even a few people figured us out as 3Adownlow.com members and supported us. Good to be with the people in purple tonight! Rice vs. PI at 2:00, should be another good one, great game tonight, hell of a job Marlin, thanks for giving myself and my radio parnter something to smile about from ear to ear. (formerbellvillebrahma how about the basketball team for this year?)People like this make me proud to be a Bellville Brahma, and even more proud to be the person I am. Thanks mom and dad, you did a wonderful job making sure I don't grow up to be someone like this. (I'm 22, and I continue to learn lessons from classless people daily.)

turbostud
12-06-2003, 11:56 AM
TURBOSTUD, This website has nothing to do with his job. If I recall there is an amendment pretaining to the freedom of speech. How would you like to be judged on things away from work and the next day you come in and your're fired because you used a four letter word on a website? Seems a little unfair doesn't it? Again I will say that there needs to be some perspective here! It doesnt seem unfair to me. raiderradio would still have his job had he not used the four letter words on this site. I understand what you mean about getting judged away from work but raiderradio came on here advertising to everyone what his job was.

shooootno15
12-06-2003, 01:43 PM
i know im from bellville but i agree with the people from marlin.....some of the play calls were outright stupid. Why do u throw the ball on 3rd and 1?????and on 4th and 1 of course ur gonna try to run it. Big play, horrible call

shooootno15
12-06-2003, 01:46 PM
and also i remember it was 3rd and 10 and u run the ball??? but when its 3rd and 1 u pass it???makes no sense u me. I definetly wouldnt say they got outplayed...outcoached maybe....but not outplayed

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-06-2003, 08:14 PM
Hey Husker-fan, You also need to learn how to keep your coments to yourself when it comes to other Towns. You started this post directed to Bellville, You wanted to know how Bellville basketball will be this year, well it looks like there will be more than Bellville playing BB starting monday!

ctownqb
12-06-2003, 09:34 PM
Hey he did ask how Bellviles basketball team looked this year and nobody has answered yet. I personally would like to know so how do yall think they will be this year and who are some of there better players this year.

the_answer
12-07-2003, 01:33 AM
u dumb ass, the draw was not run more than 4 plays out of about 45

husker_football_fan:
Marlin was very good. It was just sad to for the kids. For weeks maybe years they will have to think about what could have been the drive to victory, stalled on the 20 yrd. line with two bad play calls back to back. And yes I know the Bellville coaches know about it by now, the kids dont get paid to make good calls. These are grown men who should be reminded about the season that could have been. Its a long way till August. Bellville never got in a rythem or patern with the offense. Some boo birds came about against Marlin when they contiued to run the RB draw up the middle. But it was clear that coach had a game plan and stuck to it. Didn't see that from the Brahmas. They have great kids, and brought a huge crowd. Tough to see some of the play calls I saw last night. Alright I am going to San Antonio, for Rice Raider Broadcast and hopefully a Reginal Championship. 98.3 FM if your in the listing area. The sound of Rice Raider Championship Drive football.

3ahunter2k4
12-07-2003, 02:27 AM
husker- i feel like i want to punch you; however i cannot do that because i am behind a computer screen right now typing. Also, i do not know who you are. Besides i might not land the punch and you would probably have your way with me and touch my leg too. I'm 5'11" 169 lbs legit, but I'll get what they call in the pros "hott" when you get in what i like to call my "ship". (Replace p with t.)You do suck though, that much i know. You insulted Bellville, which got me a little steamed. It's my hometown. Then you went after the team, made up of a lot of men i would consider my boys or "dogs". That t'd me off a hair. This was all fine though, but sooner or later, though, i had to draw the line. I decided with sooner and drew that line after talking about my dog Slappy and before putting your 2 cents in about my homeboy Coach Chancellor. You happened to cross that line officially a day ago at 1:12 am and did what i know you didn't want to do- get in my "ship". And everyone knows that makes my piss hott. (two t's) His playcalling was exceptional, it is part of what got us here (but you probably don't know anything because it's hard to watch football games with your head in your a. His playcalling was great, and it really shined in the game against Rice. Not only that but you insulted all of my dogs from the town of Marlin. If Bellville did such a piss poor job in those aspects of the game and Marlin only beat them by two points, man Marlin must be terrible. Well they're not. Both teams were awesome Friday night and at one point in the game i even felt what at the time i believed to be a krunk atmosphere. Turns out the feeling was due to some aged beef i had consumed along with a Taco Bell Gordita i purchased before the game. But that's a whole new story i'll tune you into later if interested. Beside the point. Here's my point: back off buster or you'll get a dose of some bad medicine that will cure your disease real quick like ((c) Bon Jovi).
Peace and Good luck to Marlin and Burnet... oh yeah Atlanta you're cool too (GO BRAVES); and the other teams in this thing: no injuries and may the best teams win.

<small>[ December 07, 2003, 01:29 AM: Message edited by: 3ahunter2k4 ]</small>

3ahunter2k4
12-07-2003, 02:46 AM
punt:
It ... Some people are sore losers and some are poor losers, there is a difference.ok what's the difference? make some sense of it all and quit trying to make a clever rhyme. sore losers and poor losers are both bad. really what is it. Do you dislike all sore losers or just the ones that are dirt poor?

<small>[ December 07, 2003, 01:47 AM: Message edited by: 3ahunter2k4 ]</small>

Haunta Yo
12-07-2003, 03:48 AM
hooray!!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-07-2003, 08:56 PM
looks like him and his buddy jumped ship?

sinton66
12-07-2003, 09:02 PM
Hey Former, where the heck were you Friday? I looked all over the stadium for you.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-07-2003, 09:10 PM
66 Check your PM.

hornsfootball
12-07-2003, 11:02 PM
you don't wanna jump on this guy's ship.

<small>[ December 07, 2003, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: hornsfootball ]</small>

3ahunter2k4
12-07-2003, 11:04 PM
no way man

BrahmaMom
12-08-2003, 02:47 PM
We are talking about a play off game between two very good teams. There was no "awful" anything. It was a close game. Yeah, maybe some of you would have called different plays, but we are talking about high school kids executing and reacting and gee, everyone out there was human. Marlin won, they played a heck of a game and earned the win. 22, you'll still be learning when you're 42, 52, etc if your parents did their job (and since I know them, I know they did and you will.) Both teams gave it their all, 110% or more. There can only be one winner. I hope we can keep this about sports (did we start off about basketball, I was looking for a summary of talent?) and honor everyone's opinion. But keep it nice, guys.

JasperDog94
12-08-2003, 03:07 PM
shooootno15:
i know im from bellville but i agree with the people from marlin.....some of the play calls were outright stupid. Why do u throw the ball on 3rd and 1?????and on 4th and 1 of course ur gonna try to run it. Big play, horrible callCorrect me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Bellville's star running back out of the game? If so, this could easily effect the play calling.

<small>[ December 08, 2003, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

keep_it_real
12-08-2003, 03:38 PM
I went to the game and honestly, I think that something that should be remembered as one of the best football games all year, is being ruined! I don't think anyone was out coached or whatever..... I would've liked to see both teams win after the efforts I saw Friday night. That is probably the best football game Ive seen in years. It shouldnt be torn down like this. Congrats to both teams there was never a dull moment. Good Luck Marlin, and good job on a great season Bellville!

<small>[ December 08, 2003, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: keep_it_real ]</small>

Bellville22
12-08-2003, 03:47 PM
JasperDog94:

shooootno15:
i know im from bellville but i agree with the people from marlin.....some of the play calls were outright stupid. Why do u throw the ball on 3rd and 1?????and on 4th and 1 of course ur gonna try to run it. Big play, horrible callCorrect me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Bellville's star running back out of the game? If so, this could easily effect the play calling.Our tailback went down in the first half, and couldn't return. We missed him, but doesn't excuse the loss. Runnels is our feature back, he played the whole game. Bryant, the one who went down is more of an outside threat. His biggest contribution woulda been in the passing game. He's our slot reciever, and a very good one at that. I felt bad for the young man, he's a competitor, but he's a junior, so he'll be back.

husker_football_fan
12-08-2003, 04:33 PM
Well now that I see all of the players left Blue Moon and got to the computers to read my opinions. Lets see, I am not the only person to be a critic of some of the play calls in the Bellville game, and the Rice game for that. I havent seen Bellville play that bad since the Columbus game three years ago when most players stumbled into Memorial Stadium drunk or hungover from fair week to loose to our 1-4 team. Say what you want about me, it wont change the fact that I do not like you. I am glad that so many people wondered where I went though, sorry you all missed me for a couple of days. Now that football is over in your town, I guess I am the best thing to talk about.

Your Fan,
husker

punt
12-08-2003, 04:38 PM
A "poor loser" whines, blames the refs, won't recognize that the better team forced mistakes and took advantage of the situation, etc. A "sore loser" hurts after a loss and and accepts they were the weaker team that game and works to make himself stronger and better and more determined to not let anyone run over him or stop him from running over someone. Thats what I was taught from an old coach many years ago.

Bellville22
12-08-2003, 04:40 PM
husker_football_fan:
Well now that I see all of the players left Blue Moon and got to the computers to read my opinions. Lets see, I am not the only person to be a critic of some of the play calls in the Bellville game, and the Rice game for that. I havent seen Bellville play that bad since the Columbus game three years ago when most players stumbled into Memorial Stadium drunk or hungover from fair week to loose to our 1-4 team. Say what you want about me, it wont change the fact that I do not like you. I am glad that so many people wondered where I went though, sorry you all missed me for a couple of days. Now that football is over in your town, I guess I am the best thing to talk about.

Your Fan,
huskerThis guy is the essence of idiocy.

husker_football_fan
12-08-2003, 05:14 PM
What is crazy, the people who claim to be the better man/woman are the same who contiue to attack with remarks. I guess I am the bad guy here, but what the hell, I wont loose sleep over the Rice or Bellville loss nor will the fact that Bellville fans dislike me. Call me what you will, I had nothing to loose this year in the play-offs. I said things as I saw them, I thought Bellville would win, they didnt and I stated reasons why. I thought Rice would win and I was wrong 0 for 2. I can say I was wrong, it seems that Bellville people are playing football next week, nope just like in the past your over rated team choked. Maybe like Nebraska you should find a coach to take you to the next level. He has done a great job to make you a play off team after the seven year drought were year after year Columbus Sealy and La Grange had their way with you and enjoyed their own play-off success. You act like your football program is elite in the state. We all know you were a step child for years. Your team is nothing more than a late round stepping stone for teams like Marlin. You have had lots of success the past few years, lets see five years down the road and you can consider yourself elite.

once again your fan always and forever,
husker

Football Fan
12-08-2003, 05:29 PM
Hey Husker, Bellville will continue to be successful in the years to come b/c the BYFL is a huge success. The coach made some bad calls but that happens as long as the same mistake is not popping up. I do not know if he choked are the true colors shined but the fans & players did not seem to be to excited. The fans & cheerleaders are there to pump up the team when their down & scream even louder when there successful. The Bellville fans expressions during 2& 3 qtr looked kinda familiar (Bandera). Another thing is I do not believe all of Bellville checks this site so do not refer to all the people. A person can not say what the boys will do on a weekly basis but only hope or assumptions & prayers are correct. Good Luck to all teams in playoffs & injury free rest of the year.

Bellville22
12-08-2003, 05:49 PM
husker_football_fan:
nope just like in the past your over rated team choked. [...] We all know you were a step child for years. Your team is nothing more than a late round stepping stone for teams like Marlin. For the record, our series record against Marlin is 1-1. I see your point how Marlin looks forward to playing Bellville in the 4th round, some stepping stone :rolleyes:

And last year, we wer 17 point underdogs to Marlin when we beat them. Man, we were overrated. I suppose Marlin was just a stepping stone. :rolleyes: And that "overrated" bunch of boys was not rated very high at all throughout the year, they lost their best player, MLB Dornon, in the first game and continued to OVERACHIEVE, losing to eventual State Champ Bandera.

(entire post full of sarcasm)

Football Fan
12-08-2003, 05:58 PM
Hey Coach, Bellville22 u should be somewhere studying for history. Field position was a killer Fri but not the backbreaker. There is no use arguing w/Husker Fan b/c he will never give up. Some people are just flat out stupid & immature.

husker_football_fan
12-08-2003, 06:10 PM
This guy went from prayers, to me being an idiot in his first three post. Didnt know you could grow a set that quick.

Football Fan
12-08-2003, 06:16 PM
Mann u don't even know me but what are you so anti-Bellville like they are horrible? Did u play ball are just stood on the side spectating w/your strong opinions?

3ahunter2k4
12-08-2003, 06:19 PM
i dont care if i'm immature or an idiot or what i am, but husker i want to fight you.

husker_football_fan
12-08-2003, 06:20 PM
Am I the only person with stong opinions? I didn't think so. Sorry I use this message board for more than pats on the back. I enjoy fans that hammer me with facts, not calling me an idiot for actually sharing opinions mixed in with real facts. And a couple of jokes about an old rival.

BrahmaMom
12-08-2003, 06:21 PM
Husker: the season is over, we can all let it go now. While we hoped for more, we here in Brahmaland are proud of what our team accomplished. Maybe you remember how that feels, sounds like y'all had that in the past. FYI: Most folks in the state think of Bellville as an elite team, even if you, with all your expertise, don't. Our coach has groomed these players, but they are still kids. The poor play-calling would have been genius had it worked. Our players prepared all summer and season to get where they got, so it isn't fair to criticize the team. They were a good team, Friday night Marlin was better, but not by much. It is sad that you are so invested in hating Bellville, it probably takes away from another area of your life. If you enjoy getting peple riled, you must be having fun. I guess we'll hear from you next year, too. Whatever, you might want to move on, just a motherly suggestion.

husker_football_fan
12-08-2003, 06:35 PM
I was done Brahmamom. I hadn't been on here in a couple of days and had moved on. There was no reason to talk about rice or bellville anymore. So I thought. I read post that wanted to know what I thought so I told you all. I am tired of being made out to be the bad guy. My radio partner didnt want what happened to him. A select few of bellville fans changed the way I work and broadcast football games. We were forced to make a town happy that we didnt represent. That left a sour taste in my mouth for the entire community, team, and town of Bellville. While I have many friends in and around the the area. It is sad to say there are people with such little character to force their ideals on neighboring radio station and broadcast. I will let it go, my focus is the Alamobowl on the 29th, as stated before I wish Marlin and PI luck and if anyteam deserves to be regional champs they do.

Bellville22
12-08-2003, 06:46 PM
husker_football_fan
[QB] My radio partner didnt want what happened to him. A select few of bellville fans changed the way I work and broadcast football games. We were forced to make a town happy that we didnt represent. QB]You weren't forced to make a town happy. Your partner didn't lose his job because of what he said about the Bellville field, he lost it because of his explicit outburst on this site. When your job deals with football broadcasting, you don't drop the F-bomb and other words on a football site that children read and expect to keep it. It didn't make me happy that the guy lost his announcer job, I couldn't care less. I was upset by what he wrote on here, and thought he got what he deserved.

Football Fan: check your PM

huff78
12-08-2003, 06:50 PM
Hey husker, For the record, I'm with you all the way. There are two types at the stadium. Those who spend their time and efforts, like yourself, and those who think sitting by saying sweet things about the boys,coaches and towns. The trend here seems to be, that if they say it syrup-ee sweeeet that it gives them the high ground. The irony is, the Huffman Fans accepted the apology of Bellville Fans for their hommer anouncer, Yet their upset about a grass joke. HAHAHA

huff78
12-09-2003, 04:50 AM
Real Grand the way you all sweetly walk away.
Why not do the right thing and do what you can to get radio his gig back. Jumping up about how offensive he was. Get real! His post was tame, compaired to what is said and heard by these teenage men daily.
This is about Football, A VIOLENT sport, You can sit in the stands and talk about grace, speed, skills, etc. But on the field, these guys are talking to each other about knocking someones head off. We in the stands are thankful when an injured player gets to his feet, But on the field they are quietly saying, "good hit man"
I don't personally know the radio guy, but my guess is, he is someone not too far removed from the game. Might have played with a lot of heart himself. He tried to bring some of that heart into his broadcast. But some of you refused to see that. You might need to clean that haze of Blue Bell off your glasses and realize it is a contact sport. It is a system of controlled violence. In place to keep our young men fight ready. Keep bringing the controls in, and soon we end up with nothing but ladies.

sinton66
12-09-2003, 07:45 AM
Once again, I will point out that this is NOT a smack board. If that's where your interests lie, there are plenty other boards out there willing to accomodate you. In other words, if you find you don't like the CLASS of this board, be careful the door doesn't hit you in the butt on your way out.

BrahmaMom
12-09-2003, 09:26 AM
I resent the sexist comment. There aren't many on this board who don't realize what a physical sport football is--in our family, we have 11 screws in two different places to prove it. I have been a loud advocate of the Brahmas defense hitting harder and louder, so the women on here are football moms who know their stuff. We don't like the trash talk, that isn't accurate, is unproductive, and just plain ugly. Your mom told you,"If you can't say somethin nice about somebody, don't say anything." Not bad advice.

Bellville22
12-09-2003, 01:20 PM
huff78:
Real Grand the way you all sweetly walk away.
Why not do the right thing and do what you can to get radio his gig back. Jumping up about how offensive he was. Get real! His post was tame, compaired to what is said and heard by these teenage men daily.
This is about Football, A VIOLENT sport, You can sit in the stands and talk about grace, speed, skills, etc. But on the field, these guys are talking to each other about knocking someones head off. We in the stands are thankful when an injured player gets to his feet, But on the field they are quietly saying, "good hit man"
I don't personally know the radio guy, but my guess is, he is someone not too far removed from the game. Might have played with a lot of heart himself. He tried to bring some of that heart into his broadcast. But some of you refused to see that. You might need to clean that haze of Blue Bell off your glasses and realize it is a contact sport. It is a system of controlled violence. In place to keep our young men fight ready. Keep bringing the controls in, and soon we end up with nothing but ladies.Once again, I'm fairly sure he didn't get fired because of his comment on the air, it's because of what he typed on this board. You just don't do that. I don't care what is heard daily by teenagers, or what is said on the field, You don't get on a public site and drop the F-bomb.

Bell_06
12-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Unpopular view here Bellville22, but is it right to hold someone to that degree of responsibility when they are clearly wearing a differnt hat. The Rice Coach and I do not know the man I can only go by what I read in the paper, possibly committed a felony offense and not only retains his position but the support of the community. Our own athletics director was involved and we were so supportive that not even a written reprimend was issued. Both were involved in questionable circumstances while representing both our school and their job titles. Yet a 4-letter word cost someone a job? I will admit I did not see the posting that you are referring to but once again things seem a little lopsided. Now maybe there had been previous circumstances that had been documented and combined with the postings here contributed in his release. I just do not see how after what 'we' have refused to document 'our' activities we can continue to judge anyone else.

huff78
12-09-2003, 10:26 PM
Thanks Bell_06, Thought I would drowned in a sea of insanity. But you may be the only Bellville Buoy. Let me make my point slowly, A man who was basically a volunteer, was fired from his job, In the U.S.A. because he typed seven letters on his key board.
Next point, BrahmaMom, If these 7 letters that he typed had caused the eleven scews ( probably loose ) then by all means, get him fired. They did not.
Bellville22, If you think our children are so ignorant that it makes any difference that you use (first Letter) Bomb instead of just typing the word, try asking any one of them.
Ya'll worked to get this guy fired when all he did was try to state his view that opposed your own. Right is Right and that was wrong !

Bell_06
12-10-2003, 11:12 AM
Any furthermore, who here does not believe that the 'coaches' aren't using profanity while working with these kids? I've heard it... my sons have told me in passing of course it happens, doesn't make it right by any means. Once again no school employee would ever lose his/her job over it. I love Bellville, lived here a long time yet there is definitely a double standard being applied. I for one can not so callously make a statement that this man "got what he deserved" over one foul word.

Bellville22
12-10-2003, 11:21 AM
It's not just the word. It's the way he used it. He got on a public board, and called someone a piece of cow crap, and a f-ing a-hole. You just don't do that.

afflac65
12-10-2003, 12:31 PM
hey bellville 22 just wanted to write this to all ya bellville fans. It will be weird this saturday not going to either a rice or bellville game and i know in my heart that the best teams did not win in either game. just wanted your thoughts and others thoughts on this thank you.

Bellville22
12-10-2003, 01:08 PM
***Written by KL3 (Log On mix up)

Husker fan, a couple of times I've left College Station to go home for the weekend and go to some Bellville home games. On the way to the game, my dad would put the radio on the station the Columbus game was on. I've heard you and your EX partner a couple of times and each time I asked my dad, "these guys can't be serious". The way you two call and analyze a game, I wonder if you've ever watched football before. You two sound like idiots on the radio, and your posts on this message board have done nothing to dispute that fact.

<small>[ December 10, 2003, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: Bellville22 ]</small>

KL3
12-10-2003, 01:14 PM
The previous post was written by KL3, not Bellville22.

Bellville22
12-10-2003, 01:35 PM
afflac65:
hey bellville 22 just wanted to write this to all ya bellville fans. It will be weird this saturday not going to either a rice or bellville game and i know in my heart that the best teams did not win in either game. just wanted your thoughts and others thoughts on this thank you.It's tough, no doubt about it. I'll probably be watching some games this weekend, but it won't be the Bulls, so it won't be the same. You're entitled to your opinion about the best teams winning. I didn't see the Rice game, but sounds like they played about as evenly as possible. Hard to say who the "better" team is of Marlin and Bellville. I truly feel like if they played 10 times, they'd split 5 and 5. I though Bellville was more complete because of their kicking game, but that was just my opinion. Marlin certainly earned the right to play this week, and I wish them luck.

I've heard Rice may drop to 2A next year, is that true?

fball4life
12-10-2003, 02:21 PM
DOES BELLVILLE PLAY IN THE HIGHWAY 290 SHOOTOUT AT ELGIN THIS THURSDAY, FRIDAY, SATURDAY MANOR DOES.