PDA

View Full Version : Referring to Jasper

Blackcat03
11-25-2002, 07:26 PM
I don't know how many actual players there are in this forum, or how many have played Jasper, but they are going to win state. No offense but to all the adults who quote and say what Jasper's stats are, you have NO idea how good these guys are until you play against them. I played against Jorrie, Big Red, #34 and all the other big boys they have on their D-Line, and let me tell you they could dominate good 5A teams. That's how good they are. I played left tackle for Mexia, and I only got to go against Big Red a few times. But I got a good dosage of Jorrie and #34, I won my battles and so did they during that game. I don't really know what I'm trying to say, just that these guys are the real deal this year, and ya'll have no idea how dominant they are. I think they could be the 4A champs this year if they were still in 4A. All I have to say is there are alotta respectable teams left out there, but nobody is going to stop Jasper. NOBODY. They are too big and too dominant. Now we played Bridge City last year too and they beat us but they didn't dominate us from just about every aspect of the game like Jasper. I know I'm rambling but these guys are going to win state. And after I found out they killed Cameron I was in shock, so this is the team I’m gonna be cheerin for and routing for for the rest of the season. Go Jasper Bulldogs.

spiveyrat
11-25-2002, 07:47 PM
Once a doubter, now a believer?

Puppetmaster101
11-25-2002, 07:52 PM
Gee could they beat Waco or H.Lamar uuuhhhhh im a doubter about the 5a team deals Jasper no offense :D

spiveyrat
11-25-2002, 08:00 PM
you totally missed the point of that message.

to comment on your comment... personally, i think if jasper were 5A, they would be ranked in the top 20.

bearkatdad
11-25-2002, 09:47 PM
Blackcat03:
I don't know how many actual players there are in this forum, or how many have played Jasper, but they are going to win state. No offense but to all the adults who quote and say what Jasper's stats are, you have NO idea how good these guys are until you play against them. I played against Jorrie, Big Red, #34 and all the other big boys they have on their D-Line, and let me tell you they could dominate good 5A teams. That's how good they are. I played left tackle for Mexia, and I only got to go against Big Red a few times. But I got a good dosage of Jorrie and #34, I won my battles and so did they during that game. I don't really know what I'm trying to say, just that these guys are the real deal this year, and ya'll have no idea how dominant they are. I think they could be the 4A champs this year if they were still in 4A. All I have to say is there are alotta respectable teams left out there, but nobody is going to stop Jasper. NOBODY. They are too big and too dominant. Now we played Bridge City last year too and they beat us but they didn't dominate us from just about every aspect of the game like Jasper. I know I'm rambling but these guys are going to win state. And after I found out they killed Cameron I was in shock, so this is the team I’m gonna be cheerin for and routing for for the rest of the season. Go Jasper Bulldogs.Blackcat03...you sound like a classy football player...good luck....Mexia had a great season, and you are a part of it!

j_dog
11-25-2002, 09:48 PM
spiveyrat:
you totally missed the point of that message.

to comment on your comment... personally, i think if jasper were 5A, they would be ranked in the top 20.In my opinion there is no doubt they would be in the top 20 in 5a. At least according to Harris ratings, which is just one of many, Jasper has had a power rating most of the year that would have placed them in the top 2 or 3 in 4a and in the top 20 in 5a. But then, Harris is just another opinion.

j_dog
11-25-2002, 10:04 PM
Blackcat03:
I don't .... And after I found out they killed Cameron I was in shock, so this is the team I’m gonna be cheerin for and routing for for the rest of the season. Go Jasper Bulldogs.Thank you for your very positive comments about Jasper. You Mexia players played your hearts out and I will tell you the truth. You did better against Jasper than some of the 4a playoff teams did last year.

The other regions will not believe you. Jasper fans have been telling this story all year and no one believes until they actually face the Dogs on the field. That is okay, it is their job to believe in their team. And we believe in the Dogs. And I truly believe this: we have not yet seen their best game. Now assuming they get by Bridge City, I expect that they will step it up in the semi's, and if they get to the finals, well, you might enjoy going to the game.

JasperDog94
11-25-2002, 11:21 PM
I say this with all the love in the world, but has anybody invited coach Brooks to come and see what a playoff team looks like that makes it out of the first round? I was really steamed that he dropped us like a bad habit. It made my day when they lost in the first round. (Ozen) It sure is great to see that the team came together under a new coach. :cool:

Jason1725
11-25-2002, 11:38 PM
Coach Brooks is a class guy so don't even go there. He had a chance to leave and be closer to his parents in Beaumont, plus he got a pay increase I believe. Most people would have left in that situation. Coach Brooks was at the Kirbyville game, I talked to him for a while and wished him luck. He is one of the nicest coaches I have ever had to deal with.

big daddy russ
11-26-2002, 12:38 AM
I'm a very firm believer in Jasper and I've never even seen them play. All I really need to know is what they did last year.
The Bulldogs only lost one regular season game and avenged that loss by beating the same team by 40-someodd points in the first round of the playoffs.
Their second loss came to Bay City in the Region III finals. Yeah, that's the same Bay City team that played in the State Championship.
And to think, Jasper got most of their big boys back.
I know they lost a few guys that were real players, but for the most part their true studs returned for another go-round. They have two of the best linemen in the entire nation and some of the best players in the state surrounding them.
Adams and Bryant are two of the top 25 prospects in Texas (I'm pretty sure Adams is the state's number one prospect), Markus Woods is a top-125 prospect and Jason McQueen is a top-300 prospect. Not to mention the fact that Ricky Mitchell has shot up the scouting charts since these ratings were taken.
By comparison, we have a halfway decent squad down here in South Texas that just happens to be ranked first in Texas and they boast three top-300 prospects. The only one of those which is a top-125 prospect is quarterback Adrian Alaniz.
That's just scary.
Before someone gets all riled up, I know that a great college prospect doesn't always play up to his hype in high school. ESPN called it the "North Carolina syndrome" when it came to rating the top pro prospects (i.e. Major Applewhite WAS A MUCH BETTER COLLEGE QB than Chris Simms, but Simms will be a much better pro)...
That's just the thing with Jasper. Not only do their college prospects dominate like a college prospect should, but their role players seem to be absolute studs in their own rights. And when you couple these five completely dominant players Jasper fields every week with a smorgasbord of studs, there's no telling what their potential is.
I know every other team in the state that has made it this far has a reason to believe in themselves and I don't mean to take anything away from each of you. I know that anything can happen on any given Friday and that even Jasper can have off-days. But I also know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Jasper is the favorite to win it all. Doesn't mean I'm guaranteeing a State Title. Just means they're the team I think everyone's going to have to get through to win it.
Jasper fans, you're more than welcome to correct me if I'm wrong. You're the ones who get to watch this team week to week and I'm just pulling this stuff outta my... well, you know.
Oh, and I don't know what you put in the water up there, but I hear that Coach wanted some. If you could just send us some, that'd be great.
Come to think of it, you could make a killing off that stuff. Kinda like that rainwater plant in Dripping Springs.

pinecone
11-26-2002, 12:05 PM
Thank you Blackcat. It's rare to get that kind of compliment from an opposing player. Your attitude will take you far up the ladder of success in the
world after highschool. The key to Jasper's success may be this week. If they can stay focused with all the Thanksgiving distractions, not party all week, and play well on Sat., then they have a chance to win it all.

ej2525
11-26-2002, 12:17 PM
No... By all means party Bulldogs!! Eat, eat, eat, eat & then eat some more. Stay out all night & party out at the lake. Go hit up Solleys (sp.?) on Friday night. Let it rip!! Have a ball!! LOL!! :D

bulldog_man
11-26-2002, 01:50 PM
Your right about one thing. We will be partying, only you got the date and location wrong. It will start at 1 pm saturday in the Dome on top of a cardinal's head. (i wonder if cardinal make a good meal??)

BIG19
11-26-2002, 02:40 PM
This is what I gather from reading all of this. Jasper has already won the state title and should be awarded the trophy right away. What happened to not looking past the present game. Sure hope reality sets in for all of you. Remember, ANYTHING can happen on any given night.

89Dawg
11-26-2002, 03:12 PM
:confused: Big19 I don't think any of the guys talking on this thread are actually players from Jasper. Some of them are not even from Jasper. They are just commenting on the potential. Whether or not they live up to it might be another story. Jasper is not looking past anyone. They are looking at who is in their way and the best way to remove them. I think they will be ready to play some serious ball Saturday, Bridge City better be ready.

big daddy russ
11-26-2002, 03:20 PM
BIG19:
This is what I gather from reading all of this. Jasper has already won the state title and should be awarded the trophy right away. What happened to not looking past the present game. Sure hope reality sets in for all of you. Remember, ANYTHING can happen on any given night.BIG19, I'm one of those people that was talking about Jasper who has never actually seen them play. As 89Dawg said, I was just commenting on their potential and their talent and how they seem to be loaded... at least from what I can tell. I didn't mean to insinuate at all that the state title belongs to them, and I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. I was just saying that they seem to have a heck of a team. I apologize if it came across wrong.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2002, 03:37 PM
<small>[ November 26, 2002, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan_inAustin ]</small>

Jacket2000
11-26-2002, 04:13 PM
Blackcat03:
All I have to say is there are alotta respectable teams left out there, but nobody is going to stop Jasper. NOBODY. They are too big and too dominant.Uhmmm, I hate to break up this little "pre-victory" party, but I know of a team just outside of Ft Worth, also known as the Bulldogs, who might have a thing or two to say about that. I wouldn't order those rings just yet, if I were in Jasper.
J2K

Rabbit'93
11-26-2002, 04:45 PM
Oooooohhhhhh so now you're saying that Everman is going to win the state championship wink ...next thing you know it will be someone from Sinton...then Forney.....then Burnet....then Atlanta......then Monahans....then Bridge city......AAAAAAHHHHGGGGG when will it stop. :D

ej2525
11-26-2002, 04:59 PM
I guess it will only stop a few weeks from now!!

SINTON81
11-26-2002, 05:05 PM
SintonFan_inAustin
SintonFan_inAustin, what's on your mind? Inquiring minds want to know. wink wink

St. Ivender
11-26-2002, 05:25 PM
Jasper is good maybe even great but let us not forget they HAVE been beaten already this year, not by a 3A powerhouse but by a PRIVATE school no less, full of rich city boys. Kirbyville held them to 14 points!!! The Newton score would have been much closer if not for a zillion turnovers allowing Jasper to play on a short field. Everman Sinton and Burnet are ALL capable of beating them, so is Bridge City for that matter, but it's unlikely. The road to the state title is a perilous journey full of many obstacles. It must be faced with respect fear and arrogance. Jasper has the latter down pat. Good luck Dawgs!!

Reveille
11-26-2002, 05:33 PM
St. Ivender:
Jasper is good maybe even great but let us not forget they HAVE been beaten already this year, not by a 3A powerhouse but by a PRIVATE school no less, full of rich city boys. Kirbyville held them to 14 points!!! The Newton score would have been much closer if not for a zillion turnovers allowing Jasper to play on a short field. Everman Sinton and Burnet are ALL capable of beating them, so is Bridge City for that matter, but it's unlikely. The road to the state title is a perilous journey full of many obstacles. It must be faced with respect fear and arrogance. Jasper has the latter down pat. Good luck Dawgs!!I think "pat" may be a poor use of words. Jasper has not been very good in their "point after attempts".

Bulldog Fan
11-26-2002, 08:58 PM
Enough already about Jasper's loss to a private school of rich boy's. You must consider the fact that they played WITHOUT their starting quarterback. Had they had him, they would have kicked tail. As for Kirbyville, does it really matter what the margin was? They won!!! And by the way, the starting quarterback played very little in that game. He only came in to assure the win and when they had the 14 point lead they took the QB out to keep him healthy. Go Dawgs.

snowsnake
11-26-2002, 10:52 PM
St. Ivender:
Jasper is good maybe even great but let us not forget they HAVE been beaten already this year, not by a 3A powerhouse but by a PRIVATE school no less, full of rich city boys. Kirbyville held them to 14 points!!! The Newton score would have been much closer if not for a zillion turnovers allowing Jasper to play on a short field. Everman Sinton and Burnet are ALL capable of beating them, so is Bridge City for that matter, but it's unlikely. The road to the state title is a perilous journey full of many obstacles. It must be faced with respect fear and arrogance. Jasper has the latter down pat. Good luck Dawgs!!Hey Ivender: That so called "private school" full of rich city boys was by far the best team I have seen Jasper play this year and I have seen most of the teams left in the hunt either on film or in person. That "private school" recruits throughout the greater Houston area and gives what in essence are scholarships or at least tuition subsudies to get the best players in the city to come and play for them. They looked and played at least like an All Star team if not a Jr. College team. Even with this in mind, Jasper still played without their starting QB and several of their special team players, resulting in a 14/6 loss. If we had been full strength things would have been different. If you are so confident that Jesuit is that easy of a mark, please request your coach to make them a part of your schedule this coming year. I think you will find a big "L" in the win/lose column. By the way, what team do you support? GO DAWGS!!!

spiveyrat
11-27-2002, 07:26 AM
I think the "mere" 14 point win over Kirbyville is a valid point. Jasper showed the weakness of looking forward to Newton with Kirbyville still in their way. It shows that Jasper is not incapable of making mental mistakes. However, I think they learned from that experience because they have been on a roll ever since.

The point about the Newton score being closer if it weren't for "a zillion turnovers" is just silly. Newton had a very dominant defense this year. They showed that all year. BUT, part of what makes Jasper a good team is it's capability to exploit those turnovers. I mean, the best team in the state could play the worst team in the state and the best team could turn the ball over 20 times. Unless the worst team takes advantage of the mistake, what's the difference? All that happens in that case is the best team just missed an opportunity to score. Now, I'm not saying BC can't exploit turnovers, I'm just trying to make my point.

No disrespect meant to Newton. I was pulling for you all year... except when you played Jasper. And, if BC happens to somehow beat Jasper, I'll continue to pull for them too.

St. Ivender
11-27-2002, 08:56 AM
I am a Newton Eagle supporter. Coach Barbay has enough problems scheduling 4A teams much less big Houston private schools, none of them want to get beaten by a small 3A school. When Newton drops to 2A after next season NO ONE above 3A will want to schedule them. WO-S and PN-G are out. If Jesuit wants a good old fashioned East Texas butt-whipping then schedule Newton. That would REALLY help their recruiting (by the way Snowsnake I don't need a lesson on this matter). Bulldogfan are you saying that if Bridge City knocks out Mitchell that its in the bag? Maybe he needs better protection. Good strategy, but not good sportsmanship.

bc 76
11-27-2002, 09:41 AM
ST.IVENDER TELL COACH BARBAY TO SCHEDULE CHAD MORRIS BAY CITY BLACKCATS THEY LOVE TO PLAY GOOD TEAMS.BAY CITY PLAYED LA GRANGE THE FIRST TWO YEARS HE WAS IN BAY CITY.AS FAR AS NEWTON BEATEN STRAKE JESUIT I DONT THINK SO.NEXT YEAR BAY CITY TEAM WILL BE BACK IN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME,THERE DEFENSE PLAYED LAMARQUE TOUGH AND THEY STARTED 6 SOPHS ON DEFENSE,IF HE CAN'T PLAY NEWTON I WOULD LOVE TO SEE BAY CITY PLAY JASPER BUT I DON'T THINK JASPER WOULD WANT TO PLAY BAY CITY AGAIN.

spiveyrat
11-27-2002, 11:38 AM
I'm sure Jasper would welcome the chance to play Bay City again. Too bad they couldn't play one another this year.

St. Ivender
11-27-2002, 11:51 AM
By the way...........GO DAWGS!!!
Bring the title back home to the Piney Woods!!!!

pinecone
11-27-2002, 12:02 PM
Snowsnake, What is this thing about recruiting violations at Strake Jesuit? Heard they couldn't compete in the parochial school play-offs. Do you know anything about that? They had plenty of big boys. Big and fast! That doesn't mean they were recruited. Sometimes if a boy has a choice, maybe he'd rather play where he thinks the team will be
good and win lots of games.

Awesome Dawg Fan
11-27-2002, 11:08 PM
Somebody please help me with this. The last I checked Jasper was ranked third. They have lost two games according to what I have seen. One by default the other they just got beat. Yes they were without their quarterback but who hasn't played without a key player at one point or the other. Sinton is ranked number one until someone beats them. Personally I think that will be this week against Burnet. So enough about the state title until you play someone who can seriously have a chance to challenge for it. Perhaps next week against Burnet or Sinton.

spiveyrat
11-27-2002, 11:23 PM
:rolleyes: Here we go again. :rolleyes:

j_dog
11-28-2002, 12:21 AM
spiveyrat:
:rolleyes: Here we go again. :rolleyes: Hey, no problem. Let 'em talk. If Jasper gets by BC this week, just let whoever Jasper is playing next keep thinking: Jasper, 2 losses. Jasper, 2 losses. Jasper, 2 losses. Jasper 3rd ranked AP behind _____. Jasper, underdog. Heck, maybe we can sneak up on them!!

mechanic
11-28-2002, 08:26 AM
Yep you are right J Dog let em keep thinking those stats. All we are thinking of is who is in front of the BIG RED MACHINE. If we win this week then we will focus on next team. wink wink

BigRed01
11-28-2002, 02:57 PM
spiveyrat:
I think the "mere" 14 point win over Kirbyville is a valid point. Jasper showed the weakness of looking forward to Newton with Kirbyville still in their way. It shows that Jasper is not incapable of making mental mistakes. However, I think they learned from that experience because they have been on a roll ever since.

The point about the Newton score being closer if it weren't for "a zillion turnovers" is just silly. Newton had a very dominant defense this year. They showed that all year. BUT, part of what makes Jasper a good team is it's capability to exploit those turnovers. I mean, the best team in the state could play the worst team in the state and the best team could turn the ball over 20 times. Unless the worst team takes advantage of the mistake, what's the difference? All that happens in that case is the best team just missed an opportunity to score. Now, I'm not saying BC can't exploit turnovers, I'm just trying to make my point.

No disrespect meant to Newton. I was pulling for you all year... except when you played Jasper. And, if BC happens to somehow beat Jasper, I'll continue to pull for them too.I am kinda curious how Diboll scored 21 points on Jasper. Diboll was not that good this year. This one kinda surprises me.

Bulldog92
11-28-2002, 04:48 PM
I believe it was 55-7 at one point. We called off the Dogs. :D

89Dawg
11-28-2002, 09:06 PM
Yeah, our 2nd and 3rd string defenses aren't quite as good as our starting lineup. The coaches have been trying to play the backups as much as possible so they will be ready to play in case they are needed this year, and are setting down roots for next years team.

Go Bulldogs!

j_dog
11-28-2002, 11:09 PM
BigRed01:

...I am kinda curious how Diboll scored 21 points on Jasper. Diboll was not that good this year. This one kinda surprises me.That is easy. Varsity vs varsity Jasper 48, Diboll 7,

Jasper JV vs their varsity: Jasper 7, Diboll 14

This always happens. If you run the score to 70 or 80 with the varsity, you are "dirty". If you throw in the JV and happen to let the other team score, you are "weak". No matter, Saturday that won't count one little bit.

sntnpirate1316
11-28-2002, 11:21 PM
I can vouch for that
sinton-la feria
35-0 1st quarter
50-27 at the end of the game when jv went in

JasperDog94
11-29-2002, 01:24 AM
That is easy. Varsity vs varsity Jasper 48, Diboll 7,

Jasper JV vs their varsity: Jasper 7, Diboll 14

This always happens. If you run the score to 70 or 80 with the varsity, you are "dirty". If you throw in the JV and happen to let the other team score, you are "weak". No matter, Saturday that won't count one little bit.[/QB]It's a good thing that this isn't college ball. You just about have to run up the score so that you get more points for the BS....sorry, that's the BCS. Don't you just love the playoff system?

GO DAWGS!!!