PDA

View Full Version : MARLIN VS NEWTON ROUND 4THE SAGA CONTUNIES

MARLINFAN
11-16-2003, 11:03 PM
MARLIN 41-34
MARLIN 14-7
MARLIN 35-21
MARLIN ??????.

SATURDAY 6:00 PM IN LUFKIN. NEWTON BACKED OUT OF THE DEAL TO GO TO SAM HOUSTON STATE AAIN

lepfan
11-16-2003, 11:04 PM
MARLINFAN:
MARLIN 41-34
MARLIN 14-7
MARLIN 35-21
MARLIN ??????.

SATURDAY 6:00 PM IN LUFKIN. NEWTON BACKED OUT OF THE DEAL TO GO TO SAM HOUSTON STATE AAINwhy is that

eagle_fan
11-16-2003, 11:14 PM
who says newton backed out on huntsville? the stadium is booked for friday and the price went upon games?

MARLINFAN
11-17-2003, 12:34 AM
Because ,newton,marlin and lv had all agree to play there, so when marlin won newton i guess change their mind and didt want to go to sam

St. Ivender
11-17-2003, 07:51 AM
This is a good move. It will give the Marlin fans a change of pace. It's a longer drive for me and my family but I've never seen a game in Lufkin. Bowers Stadium does hold some fond memories for the Eagles but I'm glad for this change of venue for whatever reason.

cunbed10
11-17-2003, 08:17 AM
Maybe it's a superstition thing, until this past Saturday, Marlin hadn't won in Waco-ISD stadium in 6 tries, but we finally got over the hump, no matter where Newton and Marlin meets it't going to be a barn-burner, so Marlin and Newton fans get ready to be entertained, once again.

MARLINFAN
11-17-2003, 09:36 AM
ON MAPQUEST .COM IT SAYS THAT LUFKIN IS 4HR 15 MIN AWAY FROM MARLIN. ITS A 186 MI

JasperDog94
11-17-2003, 09:53 AM
MARLINFAN:
ON MAPQUEST .COM IT SAYS THAT LUFKIN IS 4HR 15 MIN AWAY FROM MARLIN. ITS A 186 MIDon't believe the drive times you see on Mapquest. They are typically wrong.

cunbed10
11-17-2003, 09:58 AM
MARLINFAN:
ON MAPQUEST .COM IT SAYS THAT LUFKIN IS 4HR 15 MIN AWAY FROM MARLIN. ITS A 186 MI186 Miles doesn't take 4hrs. to drive, unless you're on a bus.

Festus1
11-17-2003, 11:05 AM
First, Curtis Barbay will play anyone, anywhere. If you don't know Coach Barbay, he is anything but superstitious. The price of the stadium went up to over $4,000 plus 10% of the gate. That leaves very little revenue for the teams (if any). Secondly, The drive from Marlin to Lufkin is a little over 3 hours.

Now for the game itself. After watching the La Vega game, Marlin can be scored on. They do have a good defense but Newton's speed should match up pretty well. The weakness of the offensive line should also provide some problems for Marlin. Newton must play a mistake free game and maintain containment or Marlin will eat them up. This will probably be one of the better games Marlin and Newton have ever played.

<small>[ November 17, 2003, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: Festus1 ]</small>

cunbed10
11-17-2003, 11:25 AM
Festus1:
First, Curtis Barbay will play anyone, anywhere. If you don't know Coach Barbay, he is anything but superstitious. The price of the stadium went up to over $4,000 plus 10% of the gate. That leaves very little revenue for the teams (if any). Secondly, The drive from Marlin to Lufkin is a little over 3 hours.

Now for the game itself. After watching the La Vega game, Marlin can be scored on. They do have a good defense but Newton's speed should match up pretty well. The weakness of the offensive line should also provide some problems for Marlin. Newton must play a mistake free game and maintain containment or Marlin will eat them up. This will probably be one of the better games Marlin and Newton have ever played.I don't think that this will a better game than the one played, when we first Played, back and forth.

BiG DoGs
11-17-2003, 03:02 PM
HEY FESTUS1 ......FIRST OF ALL MARLINS OFFENSIVE LINE IS JUST FINE SO STOP TALKING ABOUT THAT THIS IS MARLINS WEAKNESS.....

cunbed10
11-17-2003, 03:28 PM
eagle_fan:
who says newton backed out on huntsville? the stadium is booked for friday and the price went upon games?We wanted to play Saturday. :p

St. Ivender
11-17-2003, 03:43 PM
Festus1:

Now for the game itself. After watching the La Vega game, Marlin can be scored on. They do have a good defense but Newton's speed should match up pretty well. The weakness of the offensive line should also provide some problems for Marlin. Newton must play a mistake free game and maintain containment or Marlin will eat them up. This will probably be one of the better games Marlin and Newton have ever played.To reiterate what Cunbed10 said, it would be difficult to top any of the previous Marlin-Newton games.

Backwoods
11-17-2003, 04:21 PM
Wow Saint. "Reiterate"? You've done us proud since you left us. :D :D

Festus1
11-17-2003, 04:36 PM
BiG DoGs:
HEY FESTUS1 ......FIRST OF ALL MARLINS OFFENSIVE LINE IS JUST FINE SO STOP TALKING ABOUT THAT THIS IS MARLINS WEAKNESS.....Big Dog, from what I saw Saturday night, the offensive line is the weakest thing on the team. I did not say they were not any good. Knowing how the defensive coordinator at Newton usually prepares for a game, he will try and exploit that area. I'm certain they will bring some heat up the middle. I also believe that if they do that and Newton's ends and linebackers do not maintain their assignments, Marlin will blow them away on the option. Also, if they leave Tank Smith uncovered on the pitch, you could see 25 and 30 yard gains each time. (Smith will punish a tackler coming at him straight up.) Newton, though, has a great deal of speed and should be able to deal with the option.

Newton's offense is much improved from last year and should be able to move the ball against the defense. These two teams are very evenly matched and I do honestly believe this game could be as interesting as the back and forth game several years ago.

FranksBullDog
11-17-2003, 07:45 PM
I talked to one of Marlins coaches last THURS. and asked him if NEWTON would play us again in Huntsville and he said defenitely not due to past losses such as Marlins at WISD. I agree Marlins weakness is offensive line where they only returned 1 starter at the beginning of the season and they made several changes the sixth week of the season which seemed to work fine.Marlin is not as strong as last year but they still have talent and a strong desire to win.I as well as other people from Marlin have a lot of respect for Newton.

FranksBullDog
11-17-2003, 07:46 PM
I talked to one of Marlins coaches last THURS. and asked him if NEWTON would play us again in Huntsville and he said defenitely not due to past losses such as Marlins at WISD. I agree Marlins weakness is offensive line where they only returned 1 starter at the beginning of the season and they made several changes the sixth week of the season which seemed to work fine.Marlin is not as strong as last year but they still have talent and a strong desire to win.I as well as other people from Marlin have a lot of respect for Newton.

faithfuldog
11-18-2003, 01:27 AM
Should be a 'good un'... both teams know the other and share much respect earned over three years of round '2' fights. If the Dawgs play focused ball, keeping their heads in the game and under control, then Newton will have their hands full once again. Dawgs gotta come ready because Newton will definitely be well prepared and hyped for payback. Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!!!! Dawgs by 3..

St. Ivender
11-18-2003, 08:27 AM
Backwoods:
Wow Saint. "Reiterate"? You've done us proud since you left us. :D :D Woods they done guv me a rite gud ejicashun at Knewton ....er Nuton....er Gnuten.... Newton Hi Skool