PDA

View Full Version : Decatur (19-10) vs Everman (30-6)

Matthew328
03-01-2003, 12:00 AM
Region I Championship

The key in this one will be can Everman keep the game at a fast pace and not let Decatur's physical big men control the tempo....and can Decatur's guards contain Everman's quick and athletic guards....

My pick is: Everman

Everman's depth and quickness will prevail in this one..but man give credit to Decatur they have had quite a run..

Green Ranger
03-01-2003, 12:59 AM
Everman, Good job and I wish you the best of luck Saturday. They are a big good basketball team, it is as simple as that. Greenwood did not play as good as they have in the past. Dont get me wrong, Everman won the game, at the same time the refs were very inconsistent in this one. One minute they would call a simple touch of the jersey and the next somebody would be all over someones back. One occasion two refs called charging while a third called a block. And the fourth foul on number four for Everman, he was four feet from the play. I wish the refs could have been more consistent, not taking anything away from Everman. Good luck, hope to see you get to Austin.

Matthew328
03-01-2003, 01:28 AM
By the way I am worried...I picked against Decatur and they won..I hope they don't prove me wrong again! LOL Nice to see a couple of Metroplex teams battle it out for the right to go to Austin

fwisd
03-01-2003, 07:59 AM
Matt - Everman should run the court - hope the refs will just let them play. Basketball in the city is a different game than some of the rural and suburban schools are used to seeing. I think they key is gonna be if they just let them play. Good luck!

Matthew328
03-01-2003, 10:56 AM
Fatigue will also be a factor...from reports Everman seemed kinda weary yesterday against Greenwood....hopefully they can get their legs under them and play well tonight.