PDA

View Full Version : Royse City 20 Princeton 0 playoff possible?

dogdad
11-03-2001, 12:38 AM
The Dogs beat Princeton tonight at Beautiful Bulldog Stadium and believe it or not, RC will be playing Bonham next week for the 3rd playoff spot in 11-3A. What a turnaround that would be for the Dogs if they can pull the upset.

Rabbit93
11-03-2001, 01:16 AM
Dogdad you've been a class act on several message boards. I would love to see your boys get into the playoffs.

Rabbit93
11-03-2001, 01:16 AM
Dogdad you've been a class act on several message boards. I would love to see your boys get into the playoffs.

Matthew328
11-03-2001, 01:22 AM
Ok anyone out there know the scenarios if RC wins and makes it a 3 way tie at 2-3??

vfunk
11-03-2001, 01:26 AM
dogdad...if yall make the playoffs...thatd be so awesome...itd be you, eye of the tiger, and the forney boys all talkin bout our playoff teams...and for once we could all actually hope the other team wins!!!

dogdad
11-03-2001, 01:28 AM
We haven't been since '99. We have improved a lot since Forney game-coaches changed some skill position players--I would say that we have a chance at Bonham. If we should win, it would be a huge testament to our coaches and players who have not backed down a bit in a season that was not going well at all. I'm not sure we deserve a playoff opportunity, but we will serve if called upon.

dogdad
11-03-2001, 01:32 AM
The 3 way tie scenario is this: RC, Quinlan, and Bonham would have all beaten each other. The tie-breaker is point differential. QF is out unless they beat Forney. RC would need to beat Bonham by 4 to advance.

eye of the tiger
11-03-2001, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by VFunk:
dogdad...if yall make the playoffs...thatd be so awesome...itd be you, eye of the tiger, and the forney boys all talkin bout our playoff teams...and for once we could all actually hope the other team wins!!!
12 3A better watch out for sure. I have to say this again VFunk. Forney is a complete package. Two outstanding running backs, two outstanding quarterbacks, an incredible defense, a great kicking game, tremendous fan support, not to mention a good band and some cute cheeleaders. I'm with you all the way to state. A couple of hundred more fans there last night and Memorial stadium would have officially been sold out. Not too shabby. RC v Bonham next week for the final spot. RC seems to be playing better and if Bonham lets down after their hard fought win last night, it may open the door for the RC. One more week and its showtime. Best of luck to all the 11 3A teams in the play-offs.