PDA

View Full Version : Forney 54 Ferris 21

jason
10-17-2003, 10:36 PM
nm

3afan2K3
10-17-2003, 10:38 PM
Forneys first string D gave up 4 yards oin the first half!!!! Ferris didnt score until 3 min left in the 3rd against our 2nd/3rd string defense, and they blocked a punt against our 2nd/3rd string offense for a TD

eye of the tiger
10-17-2003, 11:10 PM
Good win for the Jackrabbits. Congrats and keep up the good work.

nigelmer
10-18-2003, 12:51 AM
Give Ferris some credit. I've seen Ferris teams that would have gotten beat 80-0 even by the 2nd team in the not so distant past after being behind 48-0 at halftime. The kids and the staff stayed up the whole 2nd half and put a little better cosmetic look on the score. They have 15 starters returning next year and things should get better. Hats off to Forney!! Their 1st team totally dominated every aspect of the game. Laury looks like a Barry Sanders clone and the O-line gave Haynie all the time in the world he needed. I'll still make my bold prediction that Forney and Burnet will meet to close out the season..looks like tonights game may wind up being Forney's closest district victory

aamove
10-18-2003, 08:09 AM
Ferris does deserve credit. They hung pretty well with Forneys 2nd and 3rd team. You also have to give coach Rush credit for pulling the starters when he did.

jason
10-18-2003, 08:11 AM
i heard forney put in a little shotgun...true???....

3afan2K3
10-18-2003, 08:16 AM
They ran the shotgun alot

JRabbit_Fan
10-18-2003, 01:17 PM
It wasn't very smart of the Ferris players to plant their flag in our end zone before the game. That fired up our players even more.

nigelmer
10-18-2003, 05:29 PM
A few additional observations about the game:

1) Coach Rush does deserve credit. He is a class coach and a smart one...why risk injury to your studs when the game is well in hand...and why totally demoralize a team when you've got them beaten soundly. His first bunch has done the same to everybody with the exception of Aledo and Horn, and it won't be the last time this year they dominate.

2) You would think Forney had been running the shotgun for ages the way they executed it....just adds another threat to an already dangerous offense.

3) Don't read too much into Ferris's flag planting...it's a combination of a new little pre-game ritual for the kids...they really get into it...plus it's sort of a mockery for Wilmer-Hutchins doing the same thing. You folks in Forney have seen them do it for years...but just let it get you fired up too....you're 7 to 8 touchdowns better than they are.

3afan
10-19-2003, 06:53 AM
personally i thought the flag planting was kinda neat ... it might mean a little more once Ferris is better but i liked it anyway. but i also noticed the fornay players watched it since they had already come out and they DID NOT like it! and Ferris' onside's kick to start the game? well why not. unfortunately after that it all went downhill from there for them as the 48-0 halftime score indicates.

i also liked Ferris' #44 Carlos Moreno ... he fought hard the entire game and to me looked like the 'Jackets best player. he's a Jr.

as far as Forney's shotgun, yes it makes the O much better than last year. If the D can hold up their end the Rabbits may make some playoff noise after the 1st round.

<small>[ October 19, 2003, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

nigelmer
10-19-2003, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the comments about Moreno...he is a quality kid as well as a quality football player. He's one of 16 starters that will be returning for Ferris next season, so things should get better.

Just keep those guys at Forney healthy. We're pulling for them to represent the district a LONG way into the playoffs. Best of luck!!

3afan2K3
10-19-2003, 07:06 PM
When ferris stuck the flags in the ground they kept falling over never could get them to stand up

crzyjournalist03
10-19-2003, 08:42 PM
Did Coy Davis attempt one of the PATs in the second half? I thought I heard the announcer say it was Davis, but it surprised me somewhat to hear it.

3afan2K3
10-19-2003, 08:44 PM
He might of been the one that missed those two. But the paper said it was Collin Knowles that kicked