PDA

View Full Version : District Softball Scores across the State

Old Cardinal
03-03-2004, 12:12 AM
Tonight #1 3A Bridge City topped #6 Hamshire-Fannett by a score of 9-1... H-F is a very good team and played almost flawless softball but could not stop the booming bats of BC....Jessica Sartin 1st-base went 3-3; Sartin led the team in hitting percentile last season. Meagan Godwin knocked a good HR into a stiff SE wind with 2 on base; as she batted 3-4 with a double included. Clinton, Lemoine, McPhatter and several others were outstanding at the plate.... Friday, BC goes against 5A Kingwood out of the Houston area as they continue to warm up against the very best teams that will play them....
CAN YOU PROVIDE US WITH OTHER DISTRICT SCORES FROM AROUND THE STATE?

<small>[ March 03, 2004, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

pirate4state
03-03-2004, 10:24 AM
District doesn't start for Sinton until March 19th. Sinton lost last night to Bishop 7-3. Early polls had them ranked #4, but I see they have fallen off the polls due to some early losses. In one of the Aransas Pass tourneys they went up against George West (2A) and were beat. George West always has a good program those girls were really good! I hope with the next couple of games (against some local 4&5A schools) it'll toughen up this young squad & get them ready for district play. Phil C or I will keep you posted!

Old Cardinal
03-03-2004, 10:53 AM
To Pirate4 State: I was at a big Select team tournament in San Marcos several years ago and there was a 13 year old that a Mr. Underwood clocked at 57 mph. She was from George West....She would be a Freshman or Sophomore about now. Did they have an extremely proficient and fast young pitcher about that age?