PDA

View Full Version : AN IMPORTANT TOPIC THAT EVERONE SHOULD READ. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR OPNION. MARLIN VS BELL

MARLINFAN
06-26-2003, 12:25 AM
well i know i will here about this but i give bandera all the respect they got the job done. but i really feel that bandera could not beat marlin. WHY BECAUSE BANDERA WAS A POWER RUNNING TEAM. MARLIN D COMPLETY SHUT DOWN THE RUN ASK LAGRANGE. i talked to bandera fans the day they played their state game and fans their self said they did not want to play us because it was too much speed. i know u are about ready to go wild on me but listen. i think the winner out of the marlin bellvile game should have won state. why bellville didt beat bandera was this. after they beat us they felt like they could be stopped. so they slacked off feeling like it was going to be a walkthroug. the week before when we played bellville we were in the locker room in marlin watching film. a lot of people felt like we couldt lose. it seem like it was a fairy tale. we were beating everone by and avg of 14 points in the playoffs. we felt that since bellville barely beat fairfield ,we were going to blow them out like lagrange. really we praticed harder for lagrange than we did for burnet. so since we beat lagrange we thought it was going to be a cake walk into the state game but it wasnt. i think that if we had the chance to play bellville over we would have praticed harder. i remember when we were loading buses to leave marlin and we heard bandera was leading yoakum i think 24-7 in the early fourth quater we were already scouting bandera talking about what they got. i know some people on this board will not agree with this but this is what really happened. pratice makes perfect and we along with the rest of the town got bigheaded. but it was our mistake. people was saying that it would be a falls county day at the waco isd. rosebud-lott about 12 miles down the road playing for the 2a state championship. and marlin playing for the 3a championship. and if you really think about it if we had won that bellville game would our lost classmate be living now. because insted of going to the pre game party at rosebud lott that friday night he would have been at the pre game party in marlin. think about it,how stuff works out in strange ways.

<small>[ June 26, 2003, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: MARLINFAN ]</small>

sinton66
06-26-2003, 07:27 AM
MARLINFAN, I understand your feelings here, but I think you will only drive yourself nuts if you allow yourself to engage in "what ifs". For myself,(and I would guess most of us)part of the appeal of high school football is that it is unpredictable for the most part, and regardless what anyone tells you, so is life itself.

There will ALWAYS be what ifs, couldas, shouldas, wouldas, and so forth in every game. In Football, their only worth is in what they inspire your team to do the NEXT year.

In life, those things will just drive you nuts. There really is no rational explanation why things happen the way they do in life (or death), for the most part, it's just fate. Many a soldier on the battlefields have experienced the "why HIM instead of me?" emotion. All you can do is pick up the pieces, learn whatever you can from the experience, and move on.

Hope this helps, best of luck for the future.

BrahmaMom
06-26-2003, 08:08 AM
And Bellville learned what it was like to play a big, emotional game (Marlin) and win. Then the next week have to try to do it all over again. Lessons learned is right. I think the Brahmas will be prepared in '03 to handle more. They've become real champions, but it has been a learning process and that takes time. I didn't realize Marlin lost someone at the end of the season; I am so sorry. There were some HUGE lessons, painful, life-altering ones, this past season. I've come to understand that the game of football does prepare you for life in many ways.