PDA

View Full Version : bridgeport

bigfanofthegame
12-06-2001, 01:15 AM
I just want to know what everyone thinks about Bridgeport's 8-5 record and their quarterback, and the team in general.

[This message has been edited by bigfanofthegame (edited December 06, 2001).]

eye of the tiger
12-06-2001, 08:59 AM
Great article in the Ft Worth Star-Telegram about Bridgeport and their passing attack and the run game when needed. 70% passing for the year.A bit unusal for a 3A squad. Should be a good game.

BullsFan
12-06-2001, 12:00 PM
Do you happen to know the date on that article in the Star-Telegram?

Ever since Coach Henson took over in Bridgeport, we've had a strong passing game. In his first season, he took a team that hadn't won a district game in I don't know how many years and took them to round 3 of the playoffs. Our Cinderella season, and one of the most enjoyable in many years of following the team. I believe I heard that Daughtry may break the state 3A passing record set a few years back by Jacob Allen, also a Bridgeport quarterback.

eye of the tiger
12-06-2001, 12:32 PM
BullsFan it is in the December 6th paper. They didnt choose to put it online. The article has pics of Shane Funk, Ramey Herrera, Joseph Krebs, and Phillip Daugherty in one pic and Funk and Daugherty in the other. Title of the article is "DANGEROUS BULLS" written by Eric Zarate or the Star Tele-gram.

[This message has been edited by eye of the tiger (edited December 06, 2001).]

BullsFan
12-06-2001, 01:04 PM
Thanks, Eye of the Tiger. I should have known when the sports section was missing from the paper here at work this morning. Now I either have to track down the culprit or wait until I get home to read my own.

There has been quite a bit of favorable coverage from the Star-Telegram for both of my favorite teams, Bridgeport and Fossil Ridge, in the last two-three weeks. I can't remember how they ranked Fossil Ridge pre-season, but IIRC they had Bridgeport last in the district.