PDA

View Full Version : RESPECT

BigRedfan
09-20-2002, 12:03 PM
I am a supporter of a town and team that for longer than I care to remember has not had a winning reputation. Now that they are winning and have gone to the playoffs for the past three years are still not getting the respect from several schools that they should be getting. These towns are within 50 miles of my hometown. They both have winning programs and are still making fun of our program. We have a new coach that has led us to the playoffs for the past three years and last year we went further than we have ever before in the history of the school. Will we always be the RODNEY DAINGERFIELD OF 3A FOOTBALL. What will it take to get respect? A state championship?

VWG
09-20-2002, 12:32 PM
If you consistently make the playoffs... and win a few games in the playoffs then you should start getting some respect. Without a doubt you have to put it out on the field... freshmen, JV, and Varsity.
You also have to step up and beat those teams which you aren't supposed to.
Keep tellin' the boys to play hard, keep fighting, the winning and respect should follow.

w_rob
09-20-2002, 01:20 PM
Respect is somthing that your football team will earn on the fild. If the kid's go out every Friday and play there heart out every play thay will get respect. Win or lose all you can ask for is to play hard. If thay do that the respect will come.

Jacket2000
09-20-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by BigRedfan:
I am a supporter of a town and team that for longer than I care to remember has not had a winning reputation. Now that they are winning and have gone to the playoffs for the past three years are still not getting the respect from several schools that they should be getting. These towns are within 50 miles of my hometown. They both have winning programs and are still making fun of our program. We have a new coach that has led us to the playoffs for the past three years and last year we went further than we have ever before in the history of the school. Will we always be the RODNEY DAINGERFIELD OF 3A FOOTBALL. What will it take to get respect? A state championship?

These teams that refuse to respect you, are you beating them? If you are, then dont worry about it. Their lack of respect is getting you wins. If they're beating you, then the only way to get respect is to beat them.
J2K