PDA

View Full Version : Wharton takes out Burnett

playa 3
11-20-2003, 03:12 PM
Burnett obviously has talent and nobody thinks they can be touched. Those who haven't seen Wharton or heard of them are going to be surprised after things are said and done. From the looks of things, Burnett has not been challenged by anyone yet, but have they played anyone who matched up with them the way Wharton will? I think Wharton has the athletes to take Burnett out Saturday. Look for a great game, with teh Tiges winning by 8!!

raider red 2000
11-20-2003, 03:36 PM
i agree that burnett will be in a fight...i think that the o-line of burnett will be the key to the game can they handle the pass rush of the giants that are in wharton?

The giants i am talking about are 6'7 370 (heard) 6'2 350 (thompson) 6'4 280 (edwards)
how can burnett's kids be prepared for the battle that they will be in for?

are they practicing against UT or a&m...i doubt it...i predict McGee running alot backwards that is, like he has all year.

29east
11-20-2003, 03:37 PM
Think so.....???? Won't happen!!!

By the way it is BURNET not BURNETTTTTTTTTTTT.

Everman01Grad.
11-20-2003, 03:40 PM
I hate to say this but wharton ur in for a rude awakening. This is no normal 3a team. These guys are on another level. Ive seen film from u guys. I dont see a team un u guys that can beat burnet. Good luck trying though. Anything can happen on any given day!

playa 3
11-20-2003, 03:40 PM
My bad 29east. Didn't mean to spell Burnet wrong. I think Burnet is prime for getting knocked off, and it will happen this Saturday. Last year was last year, and Wharton is playing pretty good football right now.

playa 3
11-20-2003, 03:44 PM
I think seeing film and watching the guys live is different. Wharton will match up with Burnet's size, speed and whatever else. Burnet has not been in a close game all year. Wharton has won two close ones in a row against top 3A opponents. The game will be close the whole way, and Wharton will make a big play at the end, like they did against Cuero, and win! Get 'em Tigers!!

<small>[ November 20, 2003, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: playa 3 ]</small>

whtfbplaya
11-20-2003, 04:09 PM
playa 3:
I think seeing film and watching the guys live is different. Wharton will match up with Burnet's size, speed and whatever else. Burnet has not been in a close game all year. Wharton has won two close ones in a row against top 3A opponents. The game will be close the whole way, and Wharton will make a big play at the end, like they did against Cuero, and win! Get 'em Tigers!!If the film is worth anything at all it is ten times better than watching them live, because you can watch every play ten times.

bulldogvet85
11-20-2003, 04:12 PM
I dunno guys i'm not trying to take anything away from a talented and good wharton team. But when you play burnet you are playing some top of the line 3a guys whos level of play is even better than 3a. I do expect it to be a close game. But I honestly dont think all the film watching in the world can prepare you for what burnet can do cuz burnet has so many more tricks up its sleeve that you havent seen yet. I know last week at somerset they threw in some formations i hadnt seen them run all year. There play book is so thick its amazing and when you have guys as talented as them you can do just about anything you can imagine. I know this game is gonna be a close one and trust me these coaches from burnet arent gonna let these guys over look anyone cuz the moment they do they have already beaten themselves. but i really think that burnet is gonna win this one. you'll be surprised but what you see.

playa 3
11-20-2003, 04:20 PM
I'm sure Burnet will be everything that people say they are. Wharton is among the tops in 3A as well. Wharton will play the game they need to to keep it close and win in the 4th quarter. Wharton has so many weapons to go to, that they will be able to keep up with whatever Burnet has up their sleeve.

whtfbplaya
11-20-2003, 04:21 PM
do you play for wharton

bulldogvet85
11-20-2003, 04:23 PM
playa 3:
I'm sure Burnet will be everything that people say they are. Wharton is among the tops in 3A as well. Wharton will play the game they need to to keep it close and win in the 4th quarter. Wharton has so many weapons to go to, that they will be able to keep up with whatever Burnet has up their sleeve.I hope so son. And tell me which guys would you be keying on from burnet? do you play for wharton?

bulldogvet85
11-20-2003, 04:30 PM
raider red 2000:
i agree that burnett will be in a fight...i think that the o-line of burnett will be the key to the game can they handle the pass rush of the giants that are in wharton?

The giants i am talking about are 6'7 370 (heard) 6'2 350 (thompson) 6'4 280 (edwards)
how can burnett's kids be prepared for the battle that they will be in for?

are they practicing against UT or a&m...i doubt it...i predict McGee running alot backwards that is, like he has all year.Well here let me help you with that question now with those boys coming at you I dont see them having much speed with as much weight as they are caring. You have Eddie Rollman who is 6'4" and 285 who isnt as fat as those boys from wharton and who is hell of strong and pretty quick and most of the other boys on that burnet O line arent as big but prolly the same hiegth and just as strong. my question to you though is what does McGee running backwards have to do with anything? So what those big boys are gonna rush let them try and chase McGee down I gurantee you those boys will wear out before he will.

Burnet Dawg06
11-20-2003, 05:41 PM
29east:

By the way it is BURNET not BURNETTTTTTTTTTTT.LOL

sharpie
11-20-2003, 05:52 PM
There is no need to call Wharton's boys fat. If Heard is so fat, then why is he one of the top recruit's in the nation? Speed is what Burnet is going to kill Wharton with. I hope Wharton makes a game out of it.

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-20-2003, 05:52 PM
ill put my money on burnet, but u know anything can happen on any given day. but burnet is ready for this game as well as any others this year. so go BURNET BULLDOGS, im behind you all the way. WE LOVE OUR DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bulldogvet85
11-20-2003, 05:54 PM
sharpie:
There is no need to call Wharton's boys fat. If Heard is so fat, then why is he one of the top recruit's in the nation? Speed is what Burnet is going to kill Wharton with. I hope Wharton makes a game out of it.I apologize I didnt mean to use the word fat. it just kinda came out as I was typing my bad

bulldogvet85
11-20-2003, 05:58 PM
sharpie:
There is no need to call Wharton's boys fat. If Heard is so fat, then why is he one of the top recruit's in the nation? Speed is what Burnet is going to kill Wharton with. I hope Wharton makes a game out of it.you know though it could be one of those size things cuz i played with a guy who was 6'5" and he weighed about 315 and all sorts of schools were after him until they came to watch him play and they talked to the coaches and they found out that all he was, was size. he wasnt the best ball player around he was just big. i'm not saying this is the case with heard, but its something to think about

sharpie
11-20-2003, 06:03 PM
True that....but Heard has got to be the real deal. As is Shipley and Mcgee. All three of them are in ESPN's top 100 in recruiting.

bulldogvet85
11-20-2003, 06:05 PM
sharpie:
True that....but Heard has got to be the real deal. As is Shipley and Mcgee. All three of them are in ESPN's top 100 in recruiting.what schools are looking at him? and were di you find him ranked at?

sharpie
11-20-2003, 06:05 PM
Remember the OL from Bandera years back. I think his name was Jarred Wright. He went to Oklahoma and was a starter for 3 years

sharpie
11-20-2003, 06:08 PM
http://espn.go.com/recruiting/s/2004topots.html

Miami for Heard

playa 3
11-20-2003, 06:19 PM
Heard is the REAL DEAL. Wait until Saturday when he blows some plays up because he just flat out bullies some of those offensive lineman. Wharton has plenty of speed all over the field to chase down Burnet's RB. Can't wait until this one gets underway. Tigers all the way!!

poncho
11-20-2003, 06:23 PM
<small>[ November 20, 2003, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: poncho ]</small>

dawg03
11-20-2003, 06:23 PM
29east:

By the way it is BURNET not BURNETTTTTTTTTTTT.I agree...WON'T HAPPEN! but all I can say is Good Luck Tryin'

poncho
11-20-2003, 06:25 PM
playa 3:
I'm sure Burnet will be everything that people say they are. Wharton is among the tops in 3A as well. Wharton will play the game they need to to keep it close and win in the 4th quarter. Wharton has so many weapons to go to, that they will be able to keep up with whatever Burnet has up their sleeve.Could happen. Burnet by 14 :cool:

playa 3
11-20-2003, 06:29 PM
Playa 3 does not play football. Just a fan interested in High School football. I would like to know what seems to make Burnet's team faster, stronger and better than Wharton when the two teams match up pretty evenly. I think Wharton has earned the respect off any critics out there by beating Rice and Cuero back-to-back. Wharton is ready to win the big games and has already proven they can.

<small>[ November 20, 2003, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: playa 3 ]</small>

dawg03
11-20-2003, 06:32 PM
poncho:

playa 3:
I'm sure Burnet will be everything that people say they are. Wharton is among the tops in 3A as well. Wharton will play the game they need to to keep it close and win in the 4th quarter. Wharton has so many weapons to go to, that they will be able to keep up with whatever Burnet has up their sleeve.Could happen. Burnet by 14 :cool: Could Happen, but won't....Burnet by much more than 14 eek!

playa 3
11-20-2003, 06:37 PM
dawg03, you seem pretty confident. You must play for Burnet, or be a student there. Burnet is going to have to play a great game to even beat Wharton, let alone by way more than 14. Like the confidence, but a little unrealistic. Tigers victorious.

3ahunter2k4
11-20-2003, 06:38 PM
29east:

By the way it is BURNET not BURNETTTTTTTTTTTT.how do you not know how to spell burnet by now.

BurnetBandRules
11-20-2003, 06:45 PM
playa 3:
Heard is the REAL DEAL. Wait until Saturday when he blows some plays up because he just flat out bullies some of those offensive lineman. Wharton has plenty of speed all over the field to chase down Burnet's RB. Can't wait until this one gets underway. Tigers all the way!!Well you see that is where they are going to fall. You can chase him down all you want but I bet you tire before him! I bet money that they are going to try and blitz McGee the entire game and what they don't realize is that Shipley has a play-book for PLAY-OFFS only.....we will see when the game gets around. By the way, when the game is over, will you be eating your crow at the field or will you wait untill it is fed to you by all the Downlow peeps?

playa 3
11-20-2003, 06:50 PM
BurnetBandRules, I like that. It doesn't matter what Wharton does all night because they can and will contain Burnet's offense all night. I understand that Burnet hasn't been stopped all year, but come on, they haven't faced an opponent even close to them yet. I would hope they would blow everyone out. Wharton is a team on Burnet's level and Burnet knows it. I guarantee Wharton has Burnet's attention.

dawg03
11-20-2003, 06:55 PM
PLAYA 3, I guess I am very confident. I don't mean to be unrealistic, I just believe in the dawgs!

bd62
11-20-2003, 06:56 PM
the best thing you guys from wharton can do is keep your trap shut. if you want to talk you need to praise burnet and say how great a game if should be.how proud you are of your kids,etc. you sure dont want to do anything that might give burnet any more reason to be fired up than they already have. marlin does the same thing and they have to eat crow ever year. you see them doing it towards newton. jasper did it last year and they is still have lots of crow left to eat.
be loud saturday at the game but dont be loud on the internet.
but some people never learn and it will probably continue.

sharpie
11-20-2003, 07:00 PM
good post playa, I have to agree with you about Wharton testing burnet. Wharton has size and speed. I don't think Wharton will win but I guarantee they get Burnet's attention. Burnet hasn't played anyone good in a while. I think they will be looking past Wharton a little. I thought Marlin would at least show up earlier in the season. Burnet is just that good.

playa 3
11-20-2003, 07:02 PM
bd62, so it's ok for Burnet fans to brag on their team and predict blowouts, but when some other fans build up their team and predict victory, there is a problem. Other fans have just as much right to brag on their teams and build their teams up as Burnet fans do. I'll be plenty loud at the game don't worry about that. If you think what I'm doing is being loud on the internet, you need to get out more. This isn't any kind of trash talking. That kind of stuff is reserved for on the field confrontations. The kids can talk the trash if they want to. I'm just confident in my team as you are confident in yours.

<small>[ November 20, 2003, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: playa 3 ]</small>

whrtntig1
11-20-2003, 07:09 PM
bd62
I really dont see any trash talking from tiger fans. I think we have acting very mature on the posts. It's just for three weeks all our opponents have disregarded our team and talked only about the NEXT game(of which there wasn't one). It should be a good game.Maybe your sour grapes come from the fact we've outscored you for two years in a row.What our kids dont understand is way they cant get any respect from people in our area? And this just makes them want to try harder!

whrtntig1
11-20-2003, 07:12 PM
whoops-typo errors---have been and why

playa 3
11-20-2003, 07:13 PM
I agree with that. I'm not real sure what else the Tigers have to do for people to see that they are a heck of a football team. I especially like the comment people always make about "no discipline." At least get original about your criticism. I sure wish my program had no discipline and was as successful as Wharton's. People need to find something else to hit on because the lack of discipline thing is not relevant.

bd62
11-20-2003, 07:36 PM
burnet did not start this thread. they have the right to answer these remarks.and of course you guys have the right to put any thing that reasonable on here.i am giving you advice. dont give a sleeping dog any reason to wake up.they may be ripe for a upset but dont tell them that.i have seen this happen time after time over the years. it just amazes me why people dont understand .
go ahead .keep it coming. but if it dont work out dont hide like some of the jasper posters did last year after they got the hell beat out of them.
take a lesson.last year everman was very quiet on the internet before the burnet game. they were on here but they were respectfull to burnet and burnet was the same for them.both teams knew it was going to be a war and neither did nothing to throw gasoline on the fire. i think now there is lots of respect for each other.

poncho
11-20-2003, 07:40 PM
dawg03:

poncho:

playa 3:
I'm sure Burnet will be everything that people say they are. Wharton is among the tops in 3A as well. Wharton will play the game they need to to keep it close and win in the 4th quarter. Wharton has so many weapons to go to, that they will be able to keep up with whatever Burnet has up their sleeve.Could happen. Burnet by 14 :cool: Could Happen, but won't....Burnet by much more than 14 eek! By 1 or 14 its a win

Hot Rod
11-20-2003, 07:42 PM
playa 3:
dawg03, you seem pretty confident. You must play for Burnet, or be a student there. Burnet is going to have to play a great game to even beat Wharton, let alone by way more than 14. Like the confidence, but a little unrealistic. Tigers victorious.dawg03 i got your back on this one had many friends travel to see wharton and they are not the team they where last year and burnet is better than last

PAINTBALL
11-20-2003, 07:55 PM
Burnet's intelligence level on this team is amazing. When I heard the awards won by the kids last year, every 1st team all district was followed by academic all district. This is obvious in the complex nature of Burnet's offense. I've watched practice many afternoons and I promise you, Burnet has only showed about half of their playbook.

The defense anticipates the other team's plays and are almost always correct resulting in interceptions or little gain. From what I've seen on film, Wharton's playbook is not real big giving the edge to Burnet's ability to anticipate certain plays and run stunts at the correct time.

That said, Wharton's talent level is equal to or above Burnet's. This contest may be brains verses talent. I take Brains by 20.

dawg03
11-20-2003, 07:59 PM
Thanks HotRod

olddog73
11-20-2003, 08:05 PM
playa 3:
Playa 3 does not play football. Just a fan interested in High School football. I would like to know what seems to make Burnet's team faster, stronger and better than Wharton when the two teams match up pretty evenly. I think Wharton has earned the respect off any critics out there by beating Rice and Cuero back-to-back. Wharton is ready to win the big games and has already proven they can.Heres some numbers I took from an article in the Wharton Journal-Spectator, dated November 20, 2003;

** Burnet has out scored its opponents 535-86 and is averaging 434 yards per game.

** Wharton has outscored its opponents 339-209 and is averaging 359 yards per game.

** Burnet defense is yielding 179 yards per game and has 18 interceptions.

** Wharton defense is yeilding 284 yards per game and has 12 interceptions.

** Burnet Running Back, Chris Levins has scored 15 touchdowns and rushed for 1,000 yards on 111 carries.

** Wharton Running Back, Raymond Hudson has scored 11 touchdowns and rushed for 1,354 yards on 202 carries.

** Burnet QB Stephen Shipley has completed 145 of 231 passes for 2,904 yards. He had 38 touchdown passes and no interceptions. He has also scored six touchdowns and rushed for 408 yards.

** Wharton QB Trey Jones has completed 114 of 241 passes for 1,800 yards. He had 16 touchdown passes and nine interceptions. (There was no mention of any touchdowns he scored or rushing yards for him).

** Burnets Jordon Shipley has caught 69 passes for 1,472 yards and he has 25 touchdowns.

** Whartons Terence Ward has caught 33 passes for 500 yards. (No information given on TDs)

** Burnets Cody Warner has caught 47 passes for 900 yards and he has 10 touchdowns.

** Whartons Demestrice Dogins has caught 28 passes for 351 yards. (No information given on TDs)

The article gave more information on other players. I was trying to compare the top two receivers of each team. I did not list information on all the receivers on the Burnet or Wharton teams. I think these are some pretty interesting numbers to compare though. :D :D

sharpie
11-20-2003, 08:35 PM
thanks for the stats...Do you think Wharton gets the first Int against Mcgee?

olddog73
11-20-2003, 08:42 PM
sharpie:
thanks for the stats...Do you think Wharton gets the first Int against Mcgee?You never know, there have been a few close calls. I guess it has to happen sometime. I think McGee has been extreemley conservative with the ball this year. There have been times when I wished he would just open up more than he has, interceptions or not. But I believe he knows what hes doing better than I do though. :( frown

<small>[ November 20, 2003, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: olddog73 ]</small>

sharpie
11-20-2003, 08:47 PM
Yeah I heard LH had one but a penalty kept the drive alive. That is amazing what McGee has done. Forney looks pretty tough, do you consider them a legitamate challenge?

bulldogvet85
11-20-2003, 08:48 PM
sharpie:
thanks for the stats...Do you think Wharton gets the first Int against Mcgee?i think we may. I mean lets see LH almost had one on mcgee they just stepped out of bounds with it. But it seems to me every week he thinks more and more about it. i'm sure soon he will throw atleast one.

playa 3
11-20-2003, 08:50 PM
bd62, no reason to get so fired up. Nobody is trying to throw gasoline on anybody's fire. Just a supportive Wharton fan letting everyone know that the Tigers can and will play with Burnett Saturday night. It will be a great game, and I am predicting WHarton to come out with the upset. Now, if you see that as fueling some fire, that's up to you. I think this forum is here so people can voice their opinion, correct. I'm just giving mine.

bulldogvet85
11-20-2003, 08:50 PM
sharpie:
Yeah I heard LH had one but a penalty kept the drive alive. That is amazing what McGee has done. Forney looks pretty tough, do you consider them a legitamate challenge?hmmm thats hard i think maybe wharton and forney prolly pretty close of a challenge that burnet would have

bulldogvet85
11-20-2003, 08:52 PM
playa 3:
bd62, no reason to get so fired up. Nobody is trying to throw gasoline on anybody's fire. Just a supportive Wharton fan letting everyone know that the Tigers can and will play with Burnett Saturday night. It will be a great game, and I am predicting WHarton to come out with the upset. Now, if you see that as fueling some fire, that's up to you. I think this forum is here so people can voice their opinion, correct. I'm just giving mine.i notice that you are some what new to this forum. welcome! heres a question for you though IF wharton doesnt get the upset that you think will happen are you going to leave the board or going to slam burnet for beating you? just a question

playa 3
11-20-2003, 08:56 PM
I think Wharton will get at least one interception. Burnet will have to open their passing game up if they want to get the ball down the field. Wharton will be able to stop the short yardage passes for, well short yardage. Wharton's DB's are good enough to hang with Burnet's receivers and they will make some big plays. I think Wharton's defense will get some pressure on Burnet's quarterback and force him into some mistakes too.

olddog73
11-20-2003, 08:57 PM
sharpie:
Yeah I heard LH had one but a penalty kept the drive alive. That is amazing what McGee has done. Forney looks pretty tough, do you consider them a legitamate challenge?Yes I do consider WharTTon a challenge, But I think at this point the challenge gets greater the further we advance to the final. I think the last two games of the playoffs are by far the greatest challenges that any team will face. By the time your team reaches that point there have been too many chances for a "luckey" team to get knocked off. The teams still standing are the real thing. Just my opinion.

<small>[ November 20, 2003, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: olddog73 ]</small>

playa 3
11-20-2003, 08:58 PM
bulldogvet85, I will give credit where it is due. If Burnett does do to Wharton what everyone says they will, I can give Burnet credit for it.

olddog73
11-20-2003, 09:06 PM
olddog73:

sharpie:
Yeah I heard LH had one but a penalty kept the drive alive. That is amazing what McGee has done. Forney looks pretty tough, do you consider them a legitamate challenge?Yes I do consider WharTTon a challenge, But I think at this point the challenge gets greater the further we advance to the final. I think the last two games of the playoffs are by far the greatest challenges that any team will face. By the time your team reaches that point there have been too many chances for a "luckey" team to get knocked off. The teams still standing are the real thing. Just my opinion.Im sorry Sharpie, I didnt read your post correctly, yes I do consider Forney a challenge and I would love to see Burnet play them. I think they have some very tallented teams to go through before they could play Burnet, that being said, so does Burnet. It would be a game I would love to see though.

playa 3
11-20-2003, 09:16 PM
I sure hope Burnet is not looking past Wharton. That would be a huge mistake. BUrnet had better focus all of their attention on what they need to do to be successful Saturday. Worrying about whether or not another team is a challenge could be dangerous for the Bulldogs.

Old Dog
11-20-2003, 09:19 PM
Hey folks, I promise you Coach Shipley has respect for Wharton and he rules the roost and makes sure the young uns don't get cocky.

As for McGee's having no ints, we know it's probably coming (sooner than later). The LH game was not the only close one, a kid from Llano had one of McGee's passes hit him square in the chest. He was so shocked he didn't hang on. McGee has savy about where he chunks the ball and he's fortunate that he has several very good recievers.....but 38 TDs and NO ints, give the kid his credit!!!!!

All said, I think the Wharton game will be played by both teams at a higher level than we have seen this year.

<small>[ November 20, 2003, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

afflac65
11-20-2003, 09:20 PM
this is my view on this game if burnet tries to run up the middle on wharton it will be long night
burnet must use that speed on the outside and the passing game.
i saw wharton play rice consolidated this year rice used their speed and wharton used their power
both of these teams in my opinion could beat burnet if they played. i have seen burnett play this year and the size and speed in those 2 teams could match up with anybody. wharton and rice are 2 battled test teams burnett is not it will be curious to see how they react when they can knock wharton off the ball or when their quarterback gets sacked by those really big guys. wharton is just finding a way to win games lately. if wharton can keep this game close in the 4th quarter they will win this game. if they let burnet get a lead by 14 points or more they dont have mentally stamina to come back from that.

PAINTBALL
11-20-2003, 09:25 PM
afflac65:
this is my view on this game if burnet tries to run up the middle on wharton it will be long night
burnet must use that speed on the outside and the passing game.
i saw wharton play rice consolidated this year rice used their speed and wharton used their power
both of these teams in my opinion could beat burnet if they played. i have seen burnett play this year and the size and speed in those 2 teams could match up with anybody. wharton and rice are 2 battled test teams burnett is not it will be curious to see how they react when they can knock wharton off the ball or when their quarterback gets sacked by those really big guys. wharton is just finding a way to win games lately. if wharton can keep this game close in the 4th quarter they will win this game. if they let burnet get a lead by 14 points or more they dont have mentally stamina to come back from that.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What game did you see Burnet Play? Run up the middle? We seldom use a fullback and when we do, he seldom gets the ball. Battle tested? These kids didn't think their season even started until the playoffs. As far as they're concerned they're 1-0.

<small>[ November 20, 2003, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

playa 3
11-20-2003, 09:26 PM
I agree with that. Wharton is battle tested and I think that will help them in the 4th quarter of this game. Wharton's QB has been playing very smart lately as well. If the defense can play a game like they did against Rice, Wharton will win no doubt. What's great about football is that it doesn't matter what the teams look like on paper, the team that shows up and plays the best will win. Tigers advance.

playa 3
11-20-2003, 09:31 PM
Paintball, that's what we're saying. Burnet has not had to even worry about anybody yet this year. I'm sure they will be prepared and ready to play. But when the game starts, they are going to be shocked to find a team that is as talented as they are. There will be no David and Goliath in this game. Wharton is evenly matched with Burnet.

BHS#1
11-20-2003, 09:32 PM
Coach Shipley is not worried about Mcgee so I don't think we should either. Mcgee had only 5 ints last year and none during the playoffs.

playa 3
11-20-2003, 09:35 PM
I don't think Mcgee will go crazy throwing interceptions. If he hasn't thrown one all year, there is not much reason to think he will throw a bunch in this game. He will have to make some good decisions against Wharton's defense though. They will take advantage of Burnet mistakes.

afflac65
11-20-2003, 09:36 PM
i saw burnet play libery hill this year all i saying that i know that running up the middle is not burnets game. burnet just hasnt played anyone with the size and speed of wharton and the playmakers this year that wharton brings to the table. i will say this whoever wins this game is the odds on favorite to state in division 1 this year.

PAINTBALL
11-20-2003, 09:36 PM
playa 3:
Paintball, that's what we're saying. Burnet has not had to even worry about anybody yet this year. I'm sure they will be prepared and ready to play. But when the game starts, they are going to be shocked to find a team that is as talented as they are. There will be no David and Goliath in this game. Wharton is evenly matched with Burnet.Burnet has played a lot of good teams this year that are still in the playoffs. What I'm saying is Burnet makes good teams look bad.

playa 3
11-20-2003, 09:39 PM
I agree. The winner of this game has a great chance to go all the way this year. Paintball, has Burnet honestly played anyone this year that even came close to matching them in size and speed like Wharton does?

PAINTBALL
11-20-2003, 09:51 PM
playa 3:
I agree. The winner of this game has a great chance to go all the way this year. Paintball, has Burnet honestly played anyone this year that even came close to matching them in size and speed like Wharton does?Reagon, Marlin, and Kileen Shoemaker had you beat on speed and natural talent and Gatesville and Llano on size. Liberty Hill has you beat on coaching and execution. Talent you have, but we've seen that all year.

bulldogvet85
11-20-2003, 09:53 PM
playa 3:
bulldogvet85, I will give credit where it is due. If Burnett does do to Wharton what everyone says they will, I can give Burnet credit for it.ok thats cool but also burnet is with one "T" not two

playa 3
11-20-2003, 09:55 PM
I find it pretty hard to believe that there are three teams out there that you can definantely say are faster than Wharton. The size thing, maybe, but I doubt it. Time will tell.

Dink&dunk7
11-20-2003, 09:57 PM
This is the same thing Wharton fans were talking up last year. We have the size, speed, and athleticism to match Burnet. Burnet hasn't played anybody...blah....blah ....blah. You want to know why people think Burnet will handle Wharton? Because last year they beat them 42-7.

Just random thoughts from a guy who doesn't live in Burnet or Wharton. :p

playa 3
11-20-2003, 09:57 PM
sorry about that bulldogvet85. Just a typo.

playa 3
11-20-2003, 09:59 PM
Last year was a long time ago. Wharton is a better team now than they were anytime last year, and they are playing good football right now. This year will be a different story. Wharton will be ready to play a big game this time.

BHS#1
11-20-2003, 10:02 PM
I think that would be Gatesville or Marlin but Marlin didn't have Tank when they played us. I also remember a Reagan team that came looking for revenge this year.

afflac65
11-20-2003, 10:03 PM
but you forget in the last 2 games that wharton has played they have accidentaly hurt 2 players in the game. because they are so big and physical all i am saying that if burnets quarterback get hits by wharton defensive front and land on him he is going to feel it. keep your qb healthy and you will win that game.

bulldogvet85
11-20-2003, 10:04 PM
burnet is alos a better team than they were last year as well and they too are playing some outstanding football

playa 3
11-20-2003, 10:06 PM
I think Wharton will be after a little revenge, but I think it is going to be more about the moment and the opportunity at hand. This is a big chance for Wharton to make a statement, and I think they are up for the task.

playa 3
11-20-2003, 10:11 PM
I know Wharton doesn't try to hurt anyone, nobody wants that to happen to these kids, but they do put some hard licks on their opponents. The defense is very physical and they aren't afraid of anyone. The team is clicking right now, and it will be exciting football Saturday night.

Dink&dunk7
11-20-2003, 10:15 PM
So you are saying last year they didn't care? They were not prepared and mentally ready to play a playoff game last year?

I guess Saturday night we will see if Burnet is the better team, or if Wharton just wasn't prepared last year.

06dawg
11-20-2003, 10:17 PM
All I can say is I hope the game is somewhat close. This season has been kinda boring because we kill everyone we play. Don't get me wrong, i love the Dawgs, their awesome, but I also like exciting football games. I hope Wharton is a challenge not only for a good game, but also to prepare Burnet for games in the future. Go Burnet!!!!

espn1
11-20-2003, 10:20 PM
Burnet by 4 TD's.

playa 3
11-20-2003, 10:21 PM
I'm sure Wharton was ready to play last year. They just made some critical mistakes in the first half that kept them from staying in the game most of the way. Every team gets ready to play in the playoffs. This will be a good high school football game. Fans are going to get a treat.

playa 3
11-20-2003, 10:23 PM
espn1, that's definantely a little extreme. Burnet may score 4 TD's but they aren't going to beat Wharton by that much. Wharton scores too many points to get blown out.

BurnetBandRules
11-20-2003, 10:33 PM
Well, we will see on Saturday, now wont we? :-) Can't wait...I don't expect a blow out but I bet that Burnet overwhelms them in the first half and they will be outa the game by the 3rd. It is intersting that when Wharton wins they WIN and when they LOOSE, the LOOSE. It should be a good game......I hope.....

<small>[ November 20, 2003, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: BurnetBandRules ]</small>

BHS#1
11-20-2003, 10:38 PM
So you say you have won your last two games to two really tough teams ok rice cons. you only won by 5 and Cuero by 3. I think ya'll are lucky and those games could have gone either way. Not enough cushion for me.

sinton 1316
11-20-2003, 10:42 PM
i agree , espn's 4 td prediction seems to a little extreme too, but i do see burnet winning
not going to say a score, but i have faith in the bull dogs, they beat Sinton last year, and I thought Sinton was going to win state, much less lose to a team that didnt win state...(not bashing burnet here)
i have not seen wharton play, but i have heard good things about them
i dont think this game is going to come down to speed or size
the winner of this game is going to be the team that gets the momentum and keeps it
things that cause momentum:
big plays(such as broken pass coverage)
fumbles, interceptions
penalites
in essence, MISTAKES
the team with the least amount of mistakes will win this game
and please people, its Burnet, not Burnett, I'm a Sinton fan, and this gets bothersome after seeing it all this year
it makes me think if you cant spell it, you dont have much credibility as their name has been on top of every poll and about a quarter of the topics on this forum have Burnet something as the title
and i bet you say burn-net too, instead of burn-it

PAINTBALL
11-20-2003, 10:44 PM
You say you have been battle tested because of your games against Rice and Cuero. This team has been tested by the CLASH OF THE TITANS in their games against Sinton, Jasper, and Everman last year. These kids know how to play the big games.

29east
11-20-2003, 10:58 PM
To my fellow Burnet faithful.... Does all this talk sound familier? Didn't Wharton have a BIG line last year....???? Didn't they have great speed...???? The only thing different this year is that Wharton will be a believer!!!! Which only means BURNET probably will win by less than last year!!!! Burnet by 39........

playa 3
11-20-2003, 11:06 PM
say what you want about the close game swith rice and cuero. Both of those teams were top 15 in the state when Wharton beat them. The Rice game was not as close as the score indicated. Wharton dominated that game. The Cuero came down to Wharton making the big play in the end. All that shows me is that Wharton can win a tight game with the pressure mounting. I don't really care how testetd last years wins made Burnet. They have not been pushed yet this year. I can't wait to see what unfolds.

playa 3
11-20-2003, 11:09 PM
BHS#1, I think it is easier to say WHarton is lucky rather than give them their credit for beating two quality teams in hard fought games. There is a lot to say about a team that can win the close ones when a lot is on the line.

BHS#1
11-20-2003, 11:12 PM
Well I don't know who your trying to convince us or yourself with all that talk.

bd0707
11-20-2003, 11:14 PM
Playa3 all I can say is you are setting yourself up for a huge disapointment. I hope you have someone to drive you back to Wharton because you will be bewildered after the Shock and Awe that Burnet will bring to Victoria. Go Dawgs!

BHS#1
11-20-2003, 11:23 PM
Does anyone else smell the fear?

<small>[ November 20, 2003, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: BHS#1 ]</small>

playa 3
11-20-2003, 11:24 PM
I like the fact that you guys think Burnet is invincible. Personally, I think Wharton will knock Burnet off the pedastool they seem to be on (especially in their fans eyes). Wharton will come through this weekend. You guys may need the driver for the long ride home. I'll be just fine thanks.

playa 3
11-20-2003, 11:27 PM
Wharton's not fearing anybody. Some of the Burnet fans may like to think that everyone fears their team. Nobody is that good, sorry.

Pinnakle311
11-20-2003, 11:33 PM
One thing you have to think about is how easy a ride it seems Burnet has had here, and how hard Wharton has fought. Wharton's the definitely the underdog, and it seems like they could have much more fight in them. Don't get me wrong though, I don't know the Burnet people, and I'm not trying to say they don't have any fight. They've gotta be just as pumped as Wharton is. But as a member of Wharton High School, I have to support my Tigers.

No predictions, we won't know who's better until Saturday.

BHS#1
Well that's what I heard at every football game this year. Our fans cheer us and our opponent's fear us THE BURNET BULLDOGS. And I see we accomplished one thing with these 4 pages you learned how to spell Burnet. Thanks

29east
"nobody is that good,sorry"..... Remember those words Playa..... They may change come Saturday evening.

playa 3
11-20-2003, 11:39 PM
If Burnet can beat Wharton 70-0, maybe they are worthy to be feared. You guys still have to prove some things to me before anything like that happens. I guarantee Wharton doesn't fear Burnet. There is respect, Burnet has earned that, but fear is silly. No good competitor fears opponents. I hope you Burnet fans aren't expecting Wharton to come into the game being scared. Wharton will be ready to take it right at the Bulldogs for 4 quarters.

29east
11-20-2003, 11:44 PM
Hey BHS#1.... Not only did we teach them how to spell BURNET...But I have a feeling we will show them just what BURNET is all about on Saturday. This is not just about the game, it is about a town, who win or lose, will support their players,coaches,band,etc....

To everyone else in or close to Victoria saturday night. You need to come out and see for yourself the support that this town shows for these kids and coaches.

I am always proud to say I am from BURNET/

Old Dog
11-20-2003, 11:47 PM
Lota crap on this thread. BOTH head coaches will have their teams ready! Be there to support your guys and let the chips fall where the best prepared team puts them.

playa 3
11-20-2003, 11:50 PM
Alright Old Dog, I'm all about letting the guys play it out on the field. I think this thread is just fine. Just some fans promoting their teams and showing some pride in their programs.

29east
11-20-2003, 11:55 PM
I agree with you on this one Playa... Old Dawg remember this is a forum... Just a bunch of people waisting time and having their say... If we were as serious as you it would be no fun. Be careful on the way to Victoria!!!!

afflac65
11-20-2003, 11:56 PM
lets get serious for a minute okay those of us that follow football and teams from different areas around the state know that burnett is overated due to they havent played anybody that wharton brings to the table. also everybody else knows that south of I10 is all substance and north of I10 is all flash.

espn1
11-20-2003, 11:58 PM
afflac65:
lets get serious for a minute okay those of us that follow football and teams from different areas around the state know that burnett is overated due to they havent played anybody that wharton brings to the table. also everybody else knows that south of I10 is all substance and north of I10 is all flash.LMAO!

playa 3
11-21-2003, 12:02 AM
29east, I'm glad yoou can see the fun un voicing some opinions and getting some other people's take on the big game. I enjoy seeing what other people think about the Wharton/Burnett match-up. The comments should all be done in fun. Who honestly wants to bash another school. Come on, any team that gets into the playoffs is deserving of some respect and their programs have to be doing something right. Every fan is going to back their team 100% if they area true fan.

<small>[ November 20, 2003, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: playa 3 ]</small>

29east
11-21-2003, 12:07 AM
Afflac your funny... in a annoying kind of way. Playa I respect ya' but BURNET is for real man.... I hope it is a good game but I really think BURNET wins this one big again. Be safe!!!

olddog73
11-21-2003, 12:07 AM
playa 3:
Paintball, that's what we're saying. Burnet has not had to even worry about anybody yet this year. I'm sure they will be prepared and ready to play. But when the game starts, they are going to be shocked to find a team that is as talented as they are. There will be no David and Goliath in this game. Wharton is evenly matched with Burnet.You know Playa 3, we heard you guys saying the same thing last year, some one brought up an old post from last year earlier this week and I started reading it not knowing it was last years post. It was all about how big and bad your guys were and how bad they were going to beat Burnet. Im sorry but I couldnt help but laugh when I looked up and saw the date. The green dogs just flat wupped your butts last year, plain and simple. Your big boys were worn out before the 3rd quarter ended and had given up. I promise you that regardless of what you read on this site, our team and coaches are not taking anyone for granted. They will be prepared. For you to sit there and say that Burnet has been totally unchallenged, after Whartons, miserable preformance last year is a joke. Why dont we just save it for the field. If Burnet loses, so be it, we will just say we were beaten by a better team and life will go on.

<small>[ November 20, 2003, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: olddog73 ]</small>

espn1
11-21-2003, 12:09 AM
afflac65:
lets get serious for a minute okay those of us that follow football and teams from different areas around the state know that burnett is overated due to they havent played anybody that wharton brings to the table. also everybody else knows that south of I10 is all substance and north of I10 is all flash.That's funny! This pole doesn't show that.
Strength of Schedule (http://www.texasfootballratings.com/20033AStrengthofSchedule.html)

29east
11-21-2003, 12:10 AM
OldDog... I agree with you but this is all in fun.. Let him have his say... The BURNET faithful knows the truth. See ya' in Victoria.

afflac65
11-21-2003, 12:12 AM
hello 29 east i mean no disrespect to any team that just a football saying down here due majority of the state champions in 3a football have come from south of I10. should be a great game.....

olddog73
11-21-2003, 12:14 AM
playa 3:
Paintball, that's what we're saying. Burnet has not had to even worry about anybody yet this year. I'm sure they will be prepared and ready to play. But when the game starts, they are going to be shocked to find a team that is as talented as they are. There will be no David and Goliath in this game. Wharton is evenly matched with Burnet.Paint Ball wasnt saying that we hadn't been playing good teams, we have. They haven't taken any one for granted. We will see how good Whartton is this Saturday, I hope your guys don't take Burnet for granted like they did last year.

29east
11-21-2003, 12:18 AM
Afflac... Did not think you were disrespectful. Really just thought you were funny. Remember things have changed lately, ie.... Everman the last two years and I have a feeling the championship will stay north of the border this year also.

playa 3
11-21-2003, 12:19 AM
Everyone, this will be a great game because two great teams will be facing off. Nobody is going to blow anyone out. That strength of schedule thing is as close as you can get for the two schools (#7,8). After all these comments, and all the different opinions, it all comes down to the boys executing. I'm going to have to stick withmy boys and say the Tigers come out on top and move on. Can't wait to be a part of the football atmosphere Saturday night. Should be a blast!

<small>[ November 20, 2003, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: playa 3 ]</small>

playa 3
11-21-2003, 12:21 AM
29east....I believe Wharton will surprise everyone and bring home a state title.

29east
11-21-2003, 12:24 AM
One last thing Playa... BURNET NOT BURNETTTTTT.. JK.....Stay safe! Oh by the way, BURNET BY 39!!!!!

playa 3
11-21-2003, 12:36 AM
Wharton with the upset!

29east
11-21-2003, 12:40 AM
You win Playa.... Have to go to Bed.... Thanks for the insight... and Oh by the way BURNET by 39!!!!!

whrtntig1
11-21-2003, 08:47 AM
Last year our boys were intimidated and to be honest alittle tired. It's not that scenio this year. They've been waiting, waiting waiting for this game. Good luck to both.

playa 3
11-21-2003, 09:12 AM
Let's continue all of this on "Wharton takes out BurnettII"

BHS#1
11-21-2003, 09:28 AM
Round II in the Burnet vs Warton matchup

whrtntig1
11-21-2003, 09:47 AM
You're right-- WARton!!!

playa 3
11-21-2003, 09:55 AM
BHS#1, we can continue right here if tht's the way it normally works. I'm very interested to hear what else Burnet fans have to say about the game Saturday night. This will be a big feather in the Tiger's cap when time runs out Saturday night. Get 'em Tigers!!!!

<small>[ November 21, 2003, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: playa 3 ]</small>

playa 3
11-21-2003, 09:59 AM
All you Burnet fans starting to get a little worried about how good Wharton really is! This won't be like any other game you guys have played this year.

olddog73
11-21-2003, 10:03 AM
playa 3:
Last year was a long time ago. Wharton is a better team now than they were anytime last year, and they are playing good football right now. This year will be a different story. Wharton will be ready to play a big game this time.Burnet is a much better and more experienced team this year also.

<small>[ November 21, 2003, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: olddog73 ]</small>

olddog73
11-21-2003, 10:06 AM
olddog73:

playa 3:
Last year was a long time ago. Wharton is a better team now than they were anytime last year, and they are playing good football right now. This year will be a different story. Wharton will be ready to play a big game this time.Burnet is a much better and more experienced team this year also, anf they are playing excelent football right now. Burnet is always ready to play a big game!

Megatonpitch
11-21-2003, 10:15 AM
Burnet will win by more than they did last year.

Wharton shoud have gotten beat last week if it had not been for the Cuero choke at the end of the game last week. Cuero was driving and you could tell they just gave up and decided to settle for a field goal. And that is why Wharton won.

Wharton is not in shape to run with Burnet. Heard is out of shape and takes plays off. I think people will see just how horrible he really is. Most plays, he is either on the ground, rolling around, or on a knee watching the play.

It's overall team attitude. Wharton will be done by half. Burnet advances, Wharton gets ready for roundball.

<small>[ November 21, 2003, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: Megatonpitch ]</small>

playa 3
11-21-2003, 10:15 AM
I'm sure Burnet will be more experienced this year. The same can be said of the Wharton boys. Having the chance to play Burnet last year will help them this year. Wharton is better this year at the skill positions, and they have gotten to experience winning a few big, crucial games. They are riding pretty high.

playa 3
11-21-2003, 10:19 AM
Wharton wasn't lucky at all against Cuero. Give the boys their credit. The defense stepped up big with theri backs to the wall. Oh, and by the way, who made the game saving play, that's right HEARD!!! He may have been the best defensive player on the field against Cuero. He made tons of huge plays. The star is stepping up for the Tigers. You can say what you want about out of shape, and whatever else. You guys will find out Saturday what he is like in person. This is a different kid than last year's version.

<small>[ November 21, 2003, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: playa 3 ]</small>

Tarpon2004
11-21-2003, 10:19 AM
WHARTON BY 1000-997.....im goin for the underdog

olddog73
11-21-2003, 10:23 AM
Old Dog:
Lota crap on this thread. BOTH head coaches will have their teams ready! Be there to support your guys and let the chips fall where the best prepared team puts them.Well put Old Dog, its getting pretty deep in here. You can really get wrapped up in this site. The real world is out on the field one game at a time, week after week. I support my team and try to defend them on here when others attack them, but I try not to put myself in a position where it is necessary to eat crow if we dont pull through. I have a nephew on the team and I am extreemly proud of the them, I know how good they are, but I also know there are other good teams out there and I take no one for granted. I pray for an injury free week for all the teams. Lets just put it on the field where it belongs.

<small>[ November 21, 2003, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: olddog73 ]</small>

playa 3
11-21-2003, 10:34 AM
Come on guys, lighten up and have a little fun. None of this is personal towards a team or anybody. Just some fans voicing their opinions and building their teams case for Saturday night. I would like to say, the Burnett offensive boys better strap those helmets on extra tight Saturday. Wharton plays an aggressive and PHYSICAL defense. Wharton's defense is going to lay the wood to Burnet all night and make them earn every yard.

LogieJoeBean001
11-21-2003, 11:19 AM
I can't stand this anymore! Silence is the best weapon anyone can have. It' great to be supportive and cheer your team on, but don't go overboard with it. When you come off sounding cocky and arrogant, you just give the other team the incentive and drive to want to come out and PLOW YOU UNDER!!! Hasn't anyone learned this by now? Discretion is the better part of valor and right now, playa3, your not being very DISCREET!

Another thought, is playa3 REALLY even from Wharton at all, or just someone from somewhere else trying to start trouble for Wharton, especially someone with a grudge to settle? We all know this ploy has been done many times before by outsiders. I just can't believe that one of the Wharton fans would continue doing something like this when it is so obvious that this is only hurting our team and town! If you want to give words of encouragement and support, then that is fine. Anything other than that, SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!!!!

weatherag07
11-21-2003, 11:30 AM
playa 3:
Come on guys, lighten up and have a little fun. None of this is personal towards a team or anybody. Just some fans voicing their opinions and building their teams case for Saturday night. I would like to say, the Burnett offensive boys better strap those helmets on extra tight Saturday. Wharton plays an aggressive and PHYSICAL defense. Wharton's defense is going to lay the wood to Burnet all night and make them earn every yard.IT'S BURNET, DURN IT, CAN'T YA LEARN IT?!?!?!?!?! :mad:

Playa 3, Burnet is ready for Wharton. You'll find that out tomorrow.

CodyTab
11-21-2003, 11:37 AM
Okay, this post has gotten too long for no reason. People need to let it go! In many of your minds, the game is already played! LET THE GAME PLAY ITSELF! COME ON!!! Geemany!

playa 3
11-21-2003, 11:38 AM
I am from Wharton, and you Burnet fans are taking all of this stuff way too serious. Don't get so riled up. If you guys are going to predict blow-outs, and talk about how terrible Heard is, then backing my boys should be just fine.

BHS#1
11-21-2003, 11:45 AM
playa 3:
I am from Wharton, and you Burnet fans are taking all of this stuff way too serious. Don't get so riled up. If you guys are going to predict blow-outs, and talk about how terrible Heard is, then backing my boys should be just fine.I believe the people talking about Heard is the teams that ya'll have already played!!

sinton 1316
11-21-2003, 11:46 AM
actually i change my original post from burnet by 7, my new score is 38-21, burnet over warton, and until people from warton learn how to spell burnet, im not going to spell warton right...lol

playa 3
11-21-2003, 11:51 AM
I'll go ahead and predict the score. Wharton will win the game 32-24!! Get 'em Tigers.

playa 3
11-21-2003, 12:07 PM
I'd like to see some other predictions here.

raider red 2000
11-21-2003, 12:29 PM
i see a bunch of people on here who just like to talk....the other day the wizard of oz was on tnt and i heard the scare crow (the one without a brain) say that a lot of people with out brains talk....it seems like many people are talking too much. this can be entertaining, but taking cheap shots at the kids isnt needed. i cant believe that we all get so caught up betweena game that is between a bunch of 15-18yr old young men...as for a prediction wharton 2 burnet 0 all defense.

<small>[ November 21, 2003, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: raider red 2000 ]</small>

playa 3
11-21-2003, 12:31 PM
raider red 2000, nobody is taking cheap shots at kids. This stuff isn't life or death, but it is fun to be able to get other people's opinions.

raider red 2000
11-21-2003, 12:33 PM
i reacll someone saying that heard was fat and slow and lazy...not quote...or something to that effect. i think that it wil be a good game

reptard7isCRAZY
11-21-2003, 12:34 PM
BurneT. . . by as much as they want. But i'll be nice and say 45-16

playa 3
11-21-2003, 12:36 PM
It will be a good game for sure. Some of that stuff was said, but whoever wrote it apologized and said they didn't mean it the way it came across. Everyone just wants to support their team and discuss what will be a great match-up.

bulldogvet85
11-21-2003, 12:52 PM
raider red 2000:
i reacll someone saying that heard was fat and slow and lazy...not quote...or something to that effect. i think that it wil be a good gamethat was me and I apologized it wasnt the way I meant for it to come out. but i apologized for it and I did give heard credit where credit is due.

whtfbplaya
11-21-2003, 02:42 PM
playa 3:
I'd like to see some other predictions here.I predict that you keep running your mouth when you should stick your foot in it.

whrtntig1
11-21-2003, 02:46 PM
OK ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! ACT LIKE GROWNUPS!

afflac65
11-21-2003, 02:53 PM
okay its time to separate the pretenders from the contenders. their are only 4 special teams in 3a football this year and they are # burnett # gainesville #3 rice consolidated #4 newton...
even though wharton beat rice consolidated lets not forget that a drop pass in the endzone for rice. wharton has the size and speed but not the mentall stamina and class it takes to win and to becomes a special because they dont come out and play every week. some of those guys are lazy and not coachable and it seems to me that the coaches are intimated by some of those player.

BHS#1
11-21-2003, 08:55 PM
Round III

whtfbplaya
11-21-2003, 09:04 PM
afflac65:
okay its time to separate the pretenders from the contenders. their are only 4 special teams in 3a football this year and they are # burnett # gainesville #3 rice consolidated #4 newton...
even though wharton beat rice consolidated lets not forget that a drop pass in the endzone for rice. wharton has the size and speed but not the mentall stamina and class it takes to win and to becomes a special because they dont come out and play every week. some of those guys are lazy and not coachable and it seems to me that the coaches are intimated by some of those player.This is a load if I ever heard one, Wharton played bad that night and still won, they dropped 2 td passes, you lost drop it.

b-townhottie06
11-22-2003, 12:10 AM
Yall just have SIZE...we got SIZE,SPEED and TALENT.

LH Panther Mom
11-22-2003, 06:16 AM
playa 3:
I think Wharton will get at least one interception. Burnet will have to open their passing game up if they want to get the ball down the field. Wharton will be able to stop the short yardage passes for, well short yardage. Wharton's DB's are good enough to hang with Burnet's receivers and they will make some big plays. I think Wharton's defense will get some pressure on Burnet's quarterback and force him into some mistakes too.Wharton, I haven't seen ya'll play, but I do know that Burnet will come at you with everything they've got - all 48 minutes. As far as short yardage passes, McGee can and will throw as far as needed. Good luck to your defense putting pressure on him as well. I don't usually make predictions, but I suspect it will be a close game and that when the final buzzer sounds, Burnet will be on top. Good luck to both teams for an injury free game. Burnet, do us proud. :)

olddog73
11-22-2003, 07:26 AM
afflac65:
even though wharton beat rice consolidated lets not forget that a drop pass in the endzone for rice. wharton has the size and speed but not the mentall stamina and class it takes to win and to becomes a special because they dont come out and play every week. some of those guys are lazy and not coachable and it seems to me that the coaches are intimated by some of those player.I dont know about what you have said about Warton, but I do believe you have made a mistake leaving Forney and Everman out of your Special Team list. I think anyone that discounts these two teams is liable to get bitten in the behind before the playoffs are over. :D :D

dawgdad
11-22-2003, 07:59 AM
I see that Sinton won last night,understand that if they win the coin toss and Burnet wins the game that next playoff will be in Corpus Christi.

dawgdad
11-22-2003, 08:07 AM
Have watched game tapes of Wharton and they definitely have some size. Didn't see a lot of speed in the big men,tho. As far as their secondary, looks to be easy pickings if they are not careful. Burnet's o-line is a very fast and disciplined unit-they can keep up with anyone when needed. Wharton did not seem to have a very deep play selection,either. Just some comments,see you at the game- hope that it is injury free. Heading down on the bus.

Bestdamsportsshowperiod
11-22-2003, 10:21 AM
This post is for Megatonbitch. You must be an angry miserable person. To put down a 17 yr old is pathetic. Heard was a big reason Wharton beat Cuero. According to you Wharton would have been better off if Heard wasnt on the field. You need therapy.

playa 3
11-22-2003, 12:55 PM
There has been plenty of talk about both teams. Only a little while longer until game time. This would should be great. This can be a statement game for both teams. Burnet can show everyone that the hype is for real. Wharton can prove all the critics wrong and play huge in a big game. Time will tell. Get 'em Tigers!

olddog73
11-23-2003, 02:35 AM
Well Playa 3, crow is served, eat up!

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-23-2003, 03:03 AM
BE CAREFUL AND DONT CHOKE ON THE FEATHERS,...................playa3 :D

BHS#1
11-23-2003, 05:37 PM
I can't believe that all I heard all week long was Kellen Heard when IMO ya'll have a good quarter back and secondary. And played a heck of a game I still have an upset stomach!

LogieJoeBean001
11-23-2003, 09:22 PM
olddog73:

afflac65:
even though wharton beat rice consolidated lets not forget that a drop pass in the endzone for rice. wharton has the size and speed but not the mentall stamina and class it takes to win and to becomes a special because they dont come out and play every week. some of those guys are lazy and not coachable and it seems to me that the coaches are intimated by some of those player.I dont know about what you have said about Warton, but I do believe you have made a mistake leaving Forney and Everman out of your Special Team list. I think anyone that discounts these two teams is liable to get bitten in the behind before the playoffs are over. :D :D Wharton isn't special, huh? Could Rice have had the stats against Burnet that Wharton did? I truly don't think so. Wharton did things that no other team that has played Burnet has done all season! If Rice had beaten Wharton, then Rice WOULD have been playing against the teams that Wharton did, if I'm not mistaken. Wouldn't that have been interesting? Everyone who witnessed the game between Burnet and Wharton know what the real deal is, the rest who weren't are speaking about things they have no clue about. You truly had to be there to witness it to understand this.

Best of luck to ALL the teams still competing in the playoffs, and I do mean ALL!

Playa3, I hope you enjoy your crow too! I hope you don't choke trying to swallow it all.

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: LogieJoeBean001 ]</small>

RiverRatDad
11-23-2003, 09:48 PM
LJB001, if rice had beat Wharton the playoff schedule would NOT have changed. Wharton would have gone D1 because of larger enrollment regardless of game results. Also, I didn't feel like our defense did that poorly, considering the competition. According to the Victoria paper, Burnet had 413 yards to Wharton's 431 yards. The big difference was that Burnet operated on a short field all night because of fumbles and bad decisions. I think we stopped them 6 times, with 3 picks and 3 punts. I feel like if you can stop an offense of that calibre 6 times your defense has played a heckuva game. Burnet is an experienced playoff team, and it really showed. Congrats to them and the best of luck throughout the playoffs.

afflac65
11-23-2003, 09:53 PM
SORRY YOU ARE INCORRECT IF RICE CONSOLIDATED HAVE BEATEN WHARTON. WHARTON STILL WOULD HAVE PLAYED THE TEAMS THEY PLAYED. WHARTON ENROLLEMENT IS WAY TO HIGH TO BE IN DIVISION 2. OH BY THE WAY RICE TOTAL YARDS FOR THAT GAME WAS 433 MORE THAN WHARTON. GET OVER IT WHARTON GOT BEAT BY A BETTER TEAM WHARTON HAS BEEN OVERACHIEVING ALL YEAR.