PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill

Finalbob
09-20-2003, 09:43 PM
Last night Liberty Hill's Offense looked awsome. The line really got it done last night with around 600 yards total offense. And how about Casey Kociuba with 300+ yards rushing!!! eek!
We look much better than we were this time last year Offensively and Defensively. Crazy J really knows how to build a program.

MKA
09-21-2003, 12:49 PM
FinalBob, who are you? Are you a player or just a fan. give me a clue! If you know me.I'll know you. I'm always rigid. :cool:

Shotgun73
09-21-2003, 07:43 PM
What is Liberty Hill's record? Have they played anybody in the top 100? Maybe Liberty Hill can keep winning and it can be a rematch between Burnet and Liberty Hill for the district championship. That would be fun.

MKA
09-21-2003, 08:24 PM
Liberty Hill is 4-O and have played Caldwell 28-19,Smithville 56-6,Hutto 27-7,and florence 56-14.LH hasn't been really tested yet but looks to play an ok Blanco team in 2 weeks and then a great game in Liberty Hill against Wimberley to open district play. :cool:

GoForIt
09-21-2003, 10:30 PM
Sorry, but I think Caldwell leading LH 19-0 at any point pretty much means they were tested at least once....

GTFOOTBALL#79
09-23-2003, 03:31 AM
YOU ALL THAT LIVE IN LIBERTY HILL ARE COCKY. I THINK IT IS FUNNY HOW YOU ALL THINK Y'ALL ARE HOT STUFF BECAUSE OF YOUR RECORD. YALL HAVENT PLAYED ANYONE. I WILL NEVER FORGET WHEN BURNET CAME TO YALLS HOUSE AND BY THE THIRD QUARTER ALL OF YOUR FANS WERE LEAVING. THAT IS TERRIBLE. JUST SHUT YOUR MOUTHS UNTIL YOU BEAT SOMEONE WORTH BRAGGING ABOUT BEATING.

Megatonpitch
09-23-2003, 08:47 AM
You know the LH posters will be back on here talking smack when they are undefeated. I can't say that I blame them. I like it when fans support their teams. It's what makes this board interesting to read.

Jerry10ydCurl
09-23-2003, 08:52 AM
An OK Blanco team?????

thunder
09-23-2003, 09:51 AM
# 79 let me start by saying that most people from liberty hill are factual about what we say. as for playing someone... we played 4 teams that came to play a football game and with desire and hopes of winnning. just like burnet marlin liberty hill and any other team that gives a damn! some teams like burnet have the luxury of high enrollment numbers and God given talent. others like l.h. have to rely on heart and desire week after week of hard work!

STEAKHOUSE
09-23-2003, 10:10 AM
THUNDER,
you are retarded!

Megatonpitch
09-23-2003, 10:30 AM
Are you trying to say that Burnet doesn't work hard. Here is my question. Look at Burnet's middle school program. They don't just stand out from anyone else in their district. You don't see their middle school beating people 66-19. My point is I believe that the work ethic and the desire to win comes from the Burnet players and the Burnet program.

thunder
09-23-2003, 10:55 AM
its not nice to make fun of someones disability. as for burnet working hard i believe they do work. but come on it does'nt hurt to have D-1 players on your team.

Megatonpitch
09-23-2003, 10:57 AM
How do you think those guys became D1 players. It wasn't by sitting on the couch playing PS2.

thunder
09-23-2003, 11:19 AM
THAT IS ONLY HALF OF THE REASON,THE OTHER HALF YOUR BORN WITH. TAKE L.H. RUNNNING BACKS FROM LAST YEAR, HARD WORKING,BUT NOT D-1.

Tiny
09-23-2003, 12:01 PM
Has anyone noticed that you don't see Everman people on here talking crap, maybe that beacause they are REAL CHAMPS and not just living a dream!!!! Some people just don't live in reality!!

Tiny
09-23-2003, 12:09 PM
STEAKHOUSE:
THUNDER,
you are retarded!Thunder I think this guy wants to make you mad so he can see you paint yourself purple and run naked through Burnet again! If you do, :D don't paint your d--k green this time I think thats why you had to stay in jail all night.

thunder
09-23-2003, 12:15 PM
tiny what do you think about it all!

<small>[ September 23, 2003, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: thunder ]</small>

Tiny
09-23-2003, 12:18 PM
I quit thinking, Im going to leave it up to all the Experts on here. I will just be an observer, but please don't get thrown in jail again THUNDER!!!!

thunder
09-23-2003, 12:20 PM
join me this time tiny.. fk around.

Tiny
09-23-2003, 12:24 PM
thunder:
join me this time tiny.. fk around.Im not painting my d--k Green!!! And you bring the bottle.

Hazben
09-23-2003, 12:24 PM
look ladys wait till marlin hits burnet then the fun shall begin

Tiny
09-23-2003, 12:25 PM
thunder:
join me this time tiny.. fk around.Im not painting my d--k Green!!! And you bring the bottle. eek!

thunder
09-23-2003, 12:26 PM
hazben explain to these folks what i am talking about.

thunder
09-23-2003, 12:26 PM
hazben explain to these folks what i am talking about.

Tiny
09-23-2003, 12:27 PM
Hazben, I need some help controling Thunder he gets a little sidways sometimes!! wink

thunder
09-23-2003, 12:29 PM
we made fire! look at folder at left.

Hazben
09-23-2003, 12:32 PM
simply stating the facts ... Lh has been known to play smaller schools because Lh is in fact one of the smallest 3a in texas and it is the smallest in district. so to the dawg fans they talk trash lh that is because they aren't as populated as some other schools and don't have the biggest talent pool to choose from. so if they go undefeated then they have something talk about even if the more populated schools think it is crap to play the schools they play ...same level! can't talk trash if they beat the guys on their level!

Tiny
09-23-2003, 12:40 PM
Hazben:
simply stating the facts ... Lh has been known to play smaller schools because Lh is in fact one of the smallest 3a in texas and it is the smallest in district. so to the dawg fans they talk trash lh that is because they aren't as populated as some other schools and don't have the biggest talent pool to choose from. so if they go undefeated then they have something talk about even if the more populated schools think it is crap to play the schools they play ...same level! can't talk trash if they beat the guys on their level!There you go Hazben couldn't have put it any better. Oh I hear you and I will call you back in a few!!

Bulldog_fan_9
09-23-2003, 07:52 PM
Hazben:
simply stating the facts ... Lh has been known to play smaller schools because Lh is in fact one of the smallest 3a in texas and it is the smallest in district. so to the dawg fans they talk trash lh that is because they aren't as populated as some other schools and don't have the biggest talent pool to choose from. so if they go undefeated then they have something talk about even if the more populated schools think it is crap to play the schools they play ...same level! can't talk trash if they beat the guys on their level!Oh my God. Burnet plays only the best teams that will play us. We don't have to go out and pick on the little schools. And maybe if your town was more appealing more people would want to live there. Ya'll are closer to Austin than us. So until ya'll beat anyone who Burnet's JV wouldn't kill, ya'll just keep your mouthes shut, and quit whining.

<small>[ September 23, 2003, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Bulldog_fan_9 ]</small>

espn1
09-23-2003, 08:24 PM
Hazben:
simply stating the facts ... Lh has been known to play smaller schools because Lh is in fact one of the smallest 3a in texas and it is the smallest in district. so to the dawg fans they talk trash lh that is because they aren't as populated as some other schools and don't have the biggest talent pool to choose from. so if they go undefeated then they have something talk about even if the more populated schools think it is crap to play the schools they play ...same level! can't talk trash if they beat the guys on their level!That is true, but in district and the playoff's you are forced to play better schools. So why not be ready early.

LHMom
09-23-2003, 08:24 PM
Although relatively new at "posting" I have been reading this board for two years. I've been associated with many people from both LH and Burnet in numerous activities and business for the last 8 years. These two rural towns are made up of great people and great kids. The moms/dads there are proud of their kids, but no more proud than we are of ours in LH. No one will argue that Burnet has a much larger population, and currently has a team to be proud of with huge amount of talent.

I hate to see posts like this that make both towns look bad. Everyone I know in LH respects the talent and accomplishments of Burnet, but without fail, when I talk to otherwise friendly folk from Burnet, they have a desire to minimize the accomplishments of Liberthy Hill. CHRIS HART - you are the exception! You set the example for friendly, respectable competition.

BuRnEtBaLlEr04
09-23-2003, 08:42 PM
Lh lets not cry about having a lil pop. bc i think that in the next couple of years lil liberty hill will be a mid level 4AAAA...........so just wait! eek!

PAINTBALL
09-23-2003, 09:50 PM
BuRnEtBaLlEr04:
Lh lets not cry about having a lil pop. bc i think that in the next couple of years lil liberty hill will be a mid level 4AAAA...........so just wait! eek! This population growth is the prediction of most experts. I wonder what the score of the Liberty Hill/Florence game will be then

MKA
09-23-2003, 10:15 PM
PAINTBALL:

BuRnEtBaLlEr04:
Lh lets not cry about having a lil pop. bc i think that in the next couple of years lil liberty hill will be a mid level 4AAAA...........so just wait! eek! This population growth is the prediction of most experts. I wonder what the score of the Liberty Hill/Florence game will be thenprobably about 35-14 Ever heard that score smart A-S!!!!!

PAINTBALL
09-23-2003, 10:45 PM
MKA:

PAINTBALL:

BuRnEtBaLlEr04:
Lh lets not cry about having a lil pop. bc i think that in the next couple of years lil liberty hill will be a mid level 4AAAA...........so just wait! eek! This population growth is the prediction of most experts. I wonder what the score of the Liberty Hill/Florence game will be thenprobably about 35-14 Ever heard that score smart A-S!!!!!I would think the score would be higher then that. Last year Liberty Hill proved it could compete with the larger schools.Bandara only has about 60 fewer kids then Burnet, and you beat them in District. I believe you would have been even better if you had played larger 3A schools in predistrict. Some people believe like me. Others believe like you, that it is important to give the town and team pride by going as far as you can undefeated.
I can see both sides of this argument. For me though, Liberty Hill did not obtain my respect until they started beating teams like Bandara and Wimberly.

<small>[ September 23, 2003, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

MKA
09-23-2003, 11:05 PM
No. I beleive that when you have a team that has basiclly no talent that winning breeds confidence and that with confidence not arrogance and teamwork great things can happen. Look at the Bandera game you mentioned. LH won that game by sheer heart and determination. They ran over and over agai :D n right down the throats of the eventual state champs by just plain wanting it more.

If you think your outclassed,you are.
You've got to think high to rise.
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win the prise.
Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man.
But sooner or later, the man who wins
Is the man who thinks he can.
-excerpt from C.W.Longenecker's THE VICTOR :D :D :D

PAINTBALL
09-23-2003, 11:30 PM
MKA:
No. I beleive that when you have a team that has basiclly no talent that winning breeds confidence and that with confidence not arrogance and teamwork great things can happen. Look at the Bandera game you mentioned. LH won that game by sheer heart and determination. They ran over and over agai :D n right down the throats of the eventual state champs by just plain wanting it more.

If you think your outclassed,you are.
You've got to think high to rise.
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win the prise.
Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man.
But sooner or later, the man who wins
Is the man who thinks he can.
-excerpt from C.W.Longenecker's THE VICTOR :D :D :D Good post for your side of the argument, except I disagree that Liberty Hill did not have talent last year. A player does not have to be a Division 1 prospect to be talented. Liberty Hill had talent except in the area of passing which was your eventual downfall. If you had been required to work in that area, no telling how far you would have gone. I don't mean great at passing, just marginal.

thunder
09-24-2003, 09:37 AM
everyone has great points. stay we what you think is right, that is what makes this board great.

JCM
09-24-2003, 12:59 PM
I played for Liberty Hill in the 1960's and have watched (with some pain usually) the football program for over 30 years. What Liberty Hill now has is a coach with a scheme that fits the players he has. Many coaches try to force-fit the players into their own scheme; sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't. Coach Vance is to be commended for the efficient use of his players talents. Liberty Hill can not match Burnet's atheletes, but they get a lot of mileage out of the talent they have and they will beat some teams this year who have superior talent, simply based on coaching.