PDA

View Full Version : Burnet, where was everyone?

therealbulldogs
10-17-2003, 10:56 PM
Did ya'll change your minds and decide not to go or what because there wasn't nearly as many people there as yall kept saying. Everyone here heard that ya'll sold 3500 pregame tickets and there wasn't near that many here. But anyways, I saw a very talented team tonight. Burnet's overall team speed really amazed me and the line looked good and fit. McGee has a heck of an arm and can scramble better than you would think and Shipley was all over the field. The game was actually a pretty good game though. Bandera once again ruined their chances by turning the ball over. Bandera just broke down at the end but they gave an incredible effort. So congrats to the Burnet Bulldogs and good luck at your run to state.

jason
10-17-2003, 10:58 PM
folks from Burnet tend to overestimate their attendance numbers....

Chris Hart
10-17-2003, 11:03 PM
I'm sure alot of people decided not to make the drive for this one, considering it is at least 2 hours and no one here in Burnet expected much of a contest. We are very glad to have Bandera and Ingram in district, but unfortunately I'm afraid when most people are looking for a blowout win, you will continue to see alot of Burnet fans just stay home and catch the webcast. I am glad Bandera played a good game, I knew they weren't the type of team to lay down for Burnet. Good luck Bandera on the rest of your season.

Old Dog
10-17-2003, 11:12 PM
I don't think anyone every said that all of Burnet would show up at Bandera or Ingram. Most of us have been there in the past and know they can't seat just a whole lot of folks. The people in both those communities are great, but it's also a fairly difficult haul to get there.

therealbulldogs
10-17-2003, 11:16 PM
I'm not trying to be mean or anything just curious. All I heard was that Burnet sold 3500 pregame tickets and not nearly that many people were here. Why would everyone buy the tickets and not show up?

jason
10-17-2003, 11:24 PM
my guess would be that 3500 tickets werent actually sold...prolly 1000, and somebody added a few to that #, and then a few more, and then some more, and you eventually heard 3500....then again, maybe not...

pakrat
10-17-2003, 11:35 PM
Just wait till Burnet gets to the state championship game. Then you will see how many tickets they will sell and how far they will travel. No Limits!

therealbulldogs
10-17-2003, 11:39 PM
Yeah but you have 7 more games before you get there, if you get there. I believe you guys can but it's not a sure thing till you're there.

jason
10-17-2003, 11:40 PM
pakrat:
Just wait till Burnet gets to the state championship game. Then you will see how many tickets they will sell and how far they will travel. No Limits!a little presumptious are we??

BHS#1
10-18-2003, 12:52 AM
I don't know where you get your information but not tickets were sold in advance.

BHS#1
10-18-2003, 01:13 AM
I don't know where you get your information but tickets were not sold in advance. Sorry my brain is not functioning it to late.

BurnetBandRules
10-18-2003, 01:50 AM
Just wanted to say that the Bandera hospitality was GREAT! The best this year! I was very impressed! The facilities weren't that great though. I was told that they weren't very good but I didn't know that they were that poor! I feel bad for Bandera in that aspect. They are the reigning state champs and have some really bad facilities. I wish their community would show some more pride in their team in helping to build a new stadium! It would help. And about the attendance on Burnet side: alot of people have been there before and they know that they wouldn't have much room. And, I don't think that they sold pre-game tickets!

HotDawg89
10-18-2003, 02:20 AM
I met some really nice people tonight. :) Bandera had a really good first half- but Burnet is an excellent second half team. wink

There weren't any pre-game tickets sold at all. I didn't expect a very large crowd from Burnet at all- it is almost a two hour drive- there and back and everyone knew if you wanted a seat, you had better leave Burnet by 3:00pm. Most people around here work until 5:00. It put us home at 1:00am after we stopped to eat. That and the fact that it wasn't expected to be a really close game probably kept a lot of people from going.

When we got there, we had to ask a couple of kids for directions- they were about 13 or 14- and they were so polite, all "yes sir" and "no mam"... anyway, they asked us-"Are ya'll really bring 3500 people? The Championship Team all graduated last year..." it was cute.

And Jason- I know you are probably just giving us a hard time- but where did the #3500 come from? eek! Bandera's estimations, not Burnet's. :p So to say that we overestimate our numbers is just a mean dash of salt to a nasty open wound. That is a really big problem on this board. Someone makes a comment about how many people they think will be in attendance, and it is assumed that Burnet is the one who estimated that number, and of course no matter what the number- it is always BURNET that overestimated it...the horse is dead, okay? :mad: Now who is giving Burnet a bad wrap?

Let me be the first to say that there won't be a large crowd at the Ingram game either. Again, another blowout, and a very long ride.

Bandera is a much better team than Llano was. Burnet was not at it's best tonight in my opinion- we need more patience and less huge, aggressive plays. I had really hoped to see them work on the run a little more this week.

YaYa- it was very nice to meet you. And by the way, the seating wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined. :D

<small>[ October 18, 2003, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

3afan
10-18-2003, 06:46 AM
i'm staying out of this - but actually the trend in the crowd-related threads was that EVERYONE overestimates their crowds, not just Burnet.

3 tops tens (AP poll) go down last night ... wow

jason
10-18-2003, 08:05 AM
HotDawg89:

And Jason- I know you are probably just giving us a hard time- but where did the #3500 come from? eek! Bandera's estimations, not Burnet's. :p So to say that we overestimate our numbers is just a mean dash of salt to a nasty open wound. That is a really big problem on this board. Someone makes a comment about how many people they think will be in attendance, and it is assumed that Burnet is the one who estimated that number, and of course no matter what the number- it is always BURNET that overestimated it...the horse is dead, okay? :mad: Now who is giving Burnet a bad wrap?

i said eveyone, didnt i?? see if i ever come back to burnet if all you're gonna do is gripe at me... :D :D :D :D :D

olddog73
10-18-2003, 08:14 AM
<small>[ November 27, 2003, 03:03 AM: Message edited by: olddog73 ]</small>

olddog73
10-18-2003, 08:15 AM
Its ok Jason she hasn't had her coffee yet.

olddog73
10-18-2003, 08:17 AM
jason:
folks from Burnet tend to overestimate their attendance numbers....?

olddog73
10-18-2003, 08:18 AM
Looks like we all need to finish our coffee this morning. :)

BHS#1
10-18-2003, 08:59 AM
If you don't want to be griped at quite being a Burnet basher? I saw the stands on Burnet side filled to the brim and people standing and some Burnet people sitting on the Bandera side. So why do you care how many Burnet fans were there. Some of us got there at 3:30!!!!

BHS#1
10-18-2003, 09:04 AM
Buy the way just how many Bandera fans were there? And how do we know they do go by total tickets sold for both sides? Their side was not totally filled and they didn't have to drive two and half hours to get their. Good side it was a lovely drive beautiful country.

espn1
10-18-2003, 09:20 AM
When you're the best 3A School in the Nation you have to be able to handle the heat.

<small>[ October 18, 2003, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: espn1 ]</small>

BHS#1
10-18-2003, 09:45 AM
I can't answer why 3500 people didn't come to Bandera, but I also notice that the T.V. camera's for the newspaper's were not there. I didn't not see one thing about Bandera State champions anywhere coming through town excepted at the football field. Oh one thing I do know is Gov. Rick Perry has been to a Burnet Game and Nolan Ryan and his son Reid has been to a Burnet game!!! So you see it doesn't matter how many people show up for a Burnet game we are SPECIAL!!!! ONE TEAM ONE TOWN ONE HEART BEAT!!!!!

BHS#1
10-18-2003, 09:53 AM
Oh and I WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thunder
10-18-2003, 10:27 AM
I know what the folks from burnet are saying,we didn't get home from ingram until 1:30,I;am prettysure the parents of most of the kids involved made the trip,to bandera and ingram. yes it is too long of a drive, i still believe nuteral sites are possible, just like in the playoffs.

HotDawg89
10-18-2003, 10:30 AM
olddog73:
Its ok Jason she hasn't had her coffee yet.NO, I sure hadn't! :D That was a really LONG drive home last night! Uhhg! Jason knows I have to give him a hard time right back- but he did say "Burnet people" tend to overestimate. wink

HotDawg89
10-18-2003, 10:41 AM
jason:

HotDawg89:

And Jason- I know you are probably just giving us a hard time- but where did the #3500 come from? eek! Bandera's estimations, not Burnet's. So to say that we overestimate our numbers is just a mean dash of salt to a nasty open wound. That is a really big problem on this board. Someone makes a comment about how many people they think will be in attendance, and it is assumed that Burnet is the one who estimated that number, and of course no matter what the number- it is always BURNET that overestimated it...the horse is dead, okay? :mad: Now who is giving Burnet a bad wrap?

i said eveyone, didnt i?? see if i ever come back to burnet if all you're gonna do is gripe at me... :D Yeah, okay. We'll miss you! :p Just kidding- you know I'm not a gripe o'holic- just a dead tired one last night! If it makes you feel any better- the hubby didn't fair to well either! eek! Just kidding!

Seriously though- what I said it dead on accurate. People keep giving Burnet a bum wrap for over-estimating thier crowds. . . it is really unfair that when we report numbers that a paper said we had, we are the ones over-estimating it- or when there is a rumor in Bandera that Burnet sold 3500 pre-game tickets that we never had, then suddenly we are responsible for that number of fans??? Or when the San Antonio papers report that Burnet had over 10,000 in attendance during our first playoff game at the Alamodome, and no one believes it...See what I mean? It may be a gripe Jason, but a legitimate one. My point is that it is a tired argument. But I am done making my point, and you're still my favorite Forney person! :D

BHS#1
10-18-2003, 10:51 AM
Why does anyone care how many fans we have. This sound so stupid to me.

HotDawg89
10-18-2003, 11:02 AM
BHS#1:
Why does anyone care how many fans we have. This sounds so stupid to me.People have to say something bad about Burnet- that's all there is to it. It's not like they can attack us and say we suck or anything- so it has to come to this.

warbird89
10-18-2003, 11:36 AM
I think Levens having 134 yrds rushing is working on your running game.

Sintonz_Wrecken
10-18-2003, 12:47 PM
burnet does crowd is huge come playoff time .. i remmember when we played them last year in the playoffs sold out bobcat stadium in san marcos..i think it was something like 14,000.

BHS#1
10-18-2003, 04:13 PM
I don't know how they figured how many people where there because they didn't have printed tickets. I paid for my son and my brother paid for him. So I don't think even Bandera knows

jason
10-18-2003, 04:50 PM
Sintonz_Wrecken:
burnet does crowd is huge come playoff time .. i remmember when we played them last year in the playoffs sold out bobcat stadium in san marcos..i think it was something like 14,000.lol...no comment...

espn1
10-18-2003, 05:11 PM
jason:

Sintonz_Wrecken:
burnet does crowd is huge come playoff time .. i remmember when we played them last year in the playoffs sold out bobcat stadium in san marcos..i think it was something like 14,000.lol...no comment...What kind of comment can be made about a sold out stadium. It either is or it isn't.

BHS#1
10-18-2003, 05:14 PM
Jason have you ever been to a Burnet game?

3afan2K3
10-18-2003, 05:19 PM
BHS#1:
Jason have you ever been to a Burnet game?He went to the marlin-burnet game

BHS#1
10-18-2003, 06:07 PM
And the house was packed right?

BHS#1
10-18-2003, 06:10 PM
I thought this was a football site not a how many fans you got site.

BHS#1
10-18-2003, 06:11 PM
How many fans at your last game? WHO CARES!!!!!

HotDawg89
10-18-2003, 10:10 PM
jason:

Sintonz_Wrecken:
burnet does crowd is huge come playoff time .. i remmember when we played them last year in the playoffs sold out bobcat stadium in san marcos..i think it was something like 14,000.lol...no comment...I hope you are laughing because you see, it was a SINTON poster that made that estimation... see what I mean???????????????? eek! eek! eek! And Burnet has the rep for pushing the numbers....

olddawggreen
10-18-2003, 11:01 PM
Jason did go to the Burnet - Marlin game, yet in one of his post he claimed there was still room on both sides of the field. I agree that Marlin didn't turn out the fans that we had expected them to, but I can not imagine where Jason saw any room on the Burnet side open. I got to the field at 5:30 and the general seating was allready filling up. Any one that trys to go to the rest room or snack bar during the game will tell you there is no standing room left on the Burnet side. It takes forever to wade through the crowd. We actually had Burnet fans sitting on the visitor side. WHAT I SEE IS THAT THE SAME GUYS FROM FORNEY ALWAYS HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT BURNET, and I have seen this pattern from the same guys since the final game in the play offs last year. What I haven't see is anyone from Burnet saying anything about the Forney team or their crowds of fans. Im not sure many people here even know where Forney is. As far as the crowd goes, why should it even matter to these guys what size our crowds are. Get a life!

<small>[ October 18, 2003, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

HotDawg89
10-18-2003, 11:05 PM
Whew- and I thought it was just me! :o

olddawggreen
10-18-2003, 11:27 PM
Nope, I have gone back and looked at last Decembers post and there they are. The same guys were bashing Burnet last year.

3afan
10-18-2003, 11:35 PM
again - the GENERAL theme was that EVERYONE overestimates their crowds, not just Burnet. its just seems that the threads usually started about BUrnet & their crowds. cheers ......

Bulldogs35YaYa
10-19-2003, 12:01 AM
Well all I am going to say about the crowd business is that it looked like Burnet had 3500 people there!
And no we do not have nice facilties or nearly enough room to accomodate that big of a crowd. Hopefully that will change soon. And you are right about not having much around town about our State Championship but we are working on that. We had a banner across Main Street up but it had to be taken down for Hunter's weekend. Some of us parents are trying to get an OK to paint the water tower which we will have to raise money to do if ok'd by City Council...Anyway, we are trying! Congratulations to Burnet on your win and you can expect to see some Bandera fans at State to cheer yall on! Hopefully, yall will be there! And I really do like those uniforms. They were sharp looking! YA YA

therealbulldogs
10-19-2003, 12:15 AM
I guess I should of titled this thread differently because I didn't mean for the crowd number to become the topic of this thread. I just had a question about it and it was answered earlier in the post. I meant for it to be a congrats to the team and community for all of their hard work. Once again lets just put the crowd numbers to rest and congratulations to Burnet for having such a great team.

jason
10-19-2003, 12:18 AM
BHS#1:
And the house was packed right?nope...not even close...

Bandera YaYa
10-19-2003, 02:25 AM
BHS#1:
I can't answer why 3500 people didn't come to Bandera, but I also notice that the T.V. camera's for the newspaper's were not there. I didn't not see one thing about Bandera State champions anywhere coming through town excepted at the football field. Oh one thing I do know is Gov. Rick Perry has been to a Burnet Game and Nolan Ryan and his son Reid has been to a Burnet game!!! So you see it doesn't matter how many people show up for a Burnet game we are SPECIAL!!!! ONE TEAM ONE TOWN ONE HEART BEAT!!!!!Ok, kid..(I am assuming you are a kid), you are being a little too cocky on here for my taste (especially at 1:50 in the morning). Don't get on here and start ragging on us !! I thought we had all this straight.....for YOUR info, there is a 2002 State Champ sign at EACH entrance to Bandera...the school had them made, I'm sorry you missed them, if you would like to come back, I'll show them to you. The topic was an honest question, because we had heard how large the fan base was, you can look back in the threads and re-read where Burnet fans talked about the many thousands of fans that were showing up at the games...but, I can certainly understand why that many didn't show up at our game. But you have to admit that there has been alot of talk about the size of your crowds. Maybe that was done to intimidate us, I guess it worked, cuz we were honestly worried about where all you were going to sit and park. WE were worried about accomadating YOU...we brought ALL temp bleachers from all campuses...we arranged for additional parking in vacant lots in town...WE did this because of information given to us...we certainly didn't dream it up...we certainly haven't done this for any other team we've played! At least you were safe in our stadium and in our town. I can't say I've felt that way in some places we have had to play in the past. And, what's up with the comment about the TV cameras???? So, what are you saying???
You know, you have a good team...count your blessings, focus on that, and not what other teams DON't have. I met and spoke to alot of really nice Burnet people, so don't go putting a damper on what was a great nite of football, especially since ya'lL won! And DON'T think that we aren't proud of our State Champs...you don't know what you are talking about, AT ALL. Don't assume you know how we feel or how we show it...YOU were not a part of our ride to being the State Champs.

P.S. Name dropping won't win you a State Championship. I could do the same, but hey, the Bandera Bulldogs and the town of Bandera don't have ANYTHING to prove to you.

Let me say ,ONE MORE TIME...Good luck to the Burnet Bulldogs, I hope you go all the way.
Bandera will be behind you 100%.

<small>[ October 19, 2003, 03:21 AM: Message edited by: Bandera YaYa ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
10-19-2003, 03:32 AM
Hwy, what's all this whining about a little 2 hour drive??? You have a winning team and driving 2 hours is the least you can do to go support them!! You keep saying it's not worth it to drive that far...since it's going to be another blowout... eek! eek! Don't you think your team wants you there, regardless of the score?? :confused:

3afan
10-19-2003, 06:47 AM
Bulldogs35YaYa:
Well all I am going to say about the crowd business is that it looked like Burnet had 3500 people there!
And no we do not have nice facilties or nearly enough room to accomodate that big of a crowd. Hopefully that will change soon. And you are right about not having much around town about our State Championship but we are working on that. We had a banner across Main Street up but it had to be taken down for Hunter's weekend. Some of us parents are trying to get an OK to paint the water tower which we will have to raise money to do if ok'd by City Council...Anyway, we are trying! Congratulations to Burnet on your win and you can expect to see some Bandera fans at State to cheer yall on! Hopefully, yall will be there! And I really do like those uniforms. They were sharp looking! YA YAwhy would the banner have to come down for Hunter's Weekend?

olddawggreen
10-19-2003, 07:39 AM
YaYa, as annoying as they can get, don't let the rugrats get under your rug. Their viewing life from a different altitude. You have a great town and a great bunch of people. A community to be proud of. You have my respect Best wishes to all of you!

29x281
10-19-2003, 08:37 AM
I thought the Burnet fans showed up pretty well, considering they were willing to stand 4 deep all the way around the fence after a 2 hour drive to Old Mexico.

HotDawg89
10-19-2003, 08:58 AM
jason:

BHS#1:
And the house was packed right?nope...not even close...Jason's right about the Marlin game. THere wasn't anyone there. I did hear some crickets coming from the stadium while I sat at home and listened to the game. . . :rolleyes:

bd0707
10-19-2003, 09:16 AM
Man, at what point did you decide to make your post inciteful. Maybe you need to get in your car and drive around the neighborhoods that are close to Burnets town square. YaYa, I stopped by briefly to introduce myself Fri. nite and you were as gracious as I found all the rest of the Banderians to be. I had the pleasure of visiting Bandera twice this week( we have a 7th grader playing football) both visits were very pleasant. Thurs. nite we had dinner at OST, and it was wonderful. The two hour drive was very scenic, especially on 173 between Kerrville and Bandera. Bandera would be a great day visit if you had time to look around.I wish everyone would think twice before they post something just to be rude, it is not necessary and it is very unbecoming of how most reasonable people would like to have their own communities viewed.

BHS#1
10-19-2003, 09:18 AM
Bandera is was not talking about Bandera in my post. I was talking to the annoying Forney who can't get enough of the Burnet Bashing. I personally had a GREAT time at this game.

BHS#1
10-19-2003, 09:24 AM
I heard alot of people in town say they weren't going to the game because Bandera didn't have a track around the field to sit. Some people are not physical able to stand for a whole game.

Bandera YaYa
10-19-2003, 10:33 AM
3afan:

Bulldogs35YaYa:
And no we do not have nice facilties or nearly enough room to accomodate that big of a crowd. Hopefully that will change soon. And you are right about not having much around town about our State Championship but we are working on that. We had a banner across Main Street up but it had to be taken down for Hunter's weekend. Some of us parents are trying to get an OK to paint the water tower which we will have to raise money to do if ok'd by City Council...Anyway, we are trying! Congratulations to Burnet on your win and you can expect to see some Bandera fans at State to cheer yall on! Hopefully, yall will be there! And I really do like those uniforms. They were sharp looking! YA YAwhy would the banner have to come down for Hunter's Weekend?..POLITICS.....TOTAL POLITICS.....regulations about how many signs can hang in town, promises made to other organizations (guess hanging our State banner, at least on Fridays, is asking waaaaaay too much!! Gotta support those beer drinking vistors who come to town, minus their wives, to have a rip roaring good drunk!) Oh, don't get me started!!!!!!!! But I agree, dumb, huh??? I tried to get it up Friday, but no one else cared enough to find a way to do it!.

Bandera YaYa
10-19-2003, 10:38 AM
29x281:
I thought the Burnet fans showed up pretty well, considering they were willing to stand 4 deep all the way around the fence after a 2 hour drive to Old Mexico.You know, my 18 year old just read this and told me to forget it.....she said something so rude, wasn't worth responding to.......and she's right.

Bandera YaYa
10-19-2003, 10:52 AM
olddawggreen:
YaYa, as annoying as they can get, don't let the rugrats get under your rug. Their viewing life from a different altitude. You have a great town and a great bunch of people. A community to be proud of. You have my respect Best wishes to all of you!Yeah, I know...and thanks for your kind words...I don't mind trash talking about our team...but to attack my homeplace and laugh in my face about it is seriously rude. No excuse for that. Everyone that I met Friday was extremely nice. Then I get on here and have to read this kind of junk. Makes me wonder why I even CARED if there was enough seats or parking. But that's life, someone is always trying to make themselves feel better by knocking someone else down.

Hey, thanks again and Good Luck to the Burnet Dogs...I got to make eye contact and say hello to a few of your players and everyone was polite and nice back. They are a class act!!

BHS#1
10-19-2003, 11:04 AM
I thought it was a lovely drive and beautiful country and we are going to come back some weekend after football season and do some shopping. It wasn't as bad as people made it out to be.

BHS#1
10-19-2003, 11:09 AM
Did any accidently go to there new high school is was really nice and very scenic.

BHS#1
10-19-2003, 11:36 AM
29x281:
I thought the Burnet fans showed up pretty well, considering they were willing to stand 4 deep all the way around the fence after a 2 hour drive to Old Mexico.This comment was totally uncalled and rude. I think they had to drive last year and I you didn't hear they say one word!!!

<small>[ October 19, 2003, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: BHS#1 ]</small>

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2003, 12:26 PM
olddawggreen:
Nope, I have gone back and looked at last Decembers post and there they are. The same guys were bashing Burnet last year.That's funny - I thought I was the only person who went back to last year's posts. I woke up at 4:00 yesterday morning, couldn't think of anything more important and went back to last year about this time. I noticed the same thing about Burnet bashers, but also noticed the same people bashing LH last year that were bashing them earlier this season. Such as, "so what if LH is 5-0 - who have they beat, but a bunch of 2A teams, yada yada yada". :rolleyes:

SintonFan
10-19-2003, 01:50 PM
HotDawg89:

jason:

Sintonz_Wrecken:
burnet does crowd is huge come playoff time .. i remmember when we played them last year in the playoffs sold out bobcat stadium in san marcos..i think it was something like 14,000.lol...no comment...I hope you are laughing because you see, it was a SINTON poster that made that estimation... see what I mean???????????????? eek! eek! eek! And Burnet has the rep for pushing the numbers....HotDawg89, it was a Sinton poster who was backing your town up. 'Nice' reaction to someone who was just trying to help...

29x281
10-19-2003, 02:04 PM
BYY

The "Old Mexico" comment was a reference to how long the drive seemed. It seemed like we had to drive to Old Mexico. I was not likening Bandera to the economic depravity of our neighbors to the south. And by the way, I'm not complaining about the long drive, either. I'm just saying, if we want to evaluate Burnet's fan suppport on the basis of that game, you might want to consider that the trip was tough for alot of people to make.

Some people look for things to get mad about. Relax.

b-townhottie06
10-19-2003, 04:38 PM
I just want to say..NO PREGAME TICKETS WERE SOLD! and the reason not many burnet fans were there was the DRIVEING DISTANCE! Man i was on the band bus and it seems like it took 5 hours but it didn't! And the thing about the facilities wasn't too bad! Atleast YALLS porter potty's were CLEANER than ones ive seeen before! and im glad yall treated us a WHOLE lot better than we have been treated before! Llano wasn't very nice to us! and yall treated us WONDERFUL! GOOD GAME! and way to be tough at the first half!

HotDawg89
10-19-2003, 05:36 PM
Bandera YaYa:

29x281:
I thought the Burnet fans showed up pretty well, considering they were willing to stand 4 deep all the way around the fence after a 2 hour drive to Old Mexico.You know, my 18 year old just read this and told me to forget it.....she said something so rude, wasn't worth responding to.......and she's right.YaYa, you're right this post is completely in poor taste & was outright rude. I think Bandera is beautiful. My husband works at LCRA, and works in Bandera alot- heck, he's is a regular at the OST! He said they would like to try some other places out like the BBQ place there on the main road, but they don't take their company credit cards. But it is a lovely little town. Donb't worry about what one donkey thinks! :D

HotDawg89
10-19-2003, 05:42 PM
SintonFan:

HotDawg89:

jason:

Sintonz_Wrecken:
burnet does crowd is huge come playoff time .. i remmember when we played them last year in the playoffs sold out bobcat stadium in san marcos..i think it was something like 14,000.lol...no comment...I hope you are laughing because you see, it was a SINTON poster that made that estimation... see what I mean???????????????? eek! eek! eek! And Burnet has the rep for pushing the numbers....HotDawg89, it was a Sinton poster who was backing your town up. 'Nice' reaction to someone who was just trying to help...I wasn't trying to be ugly to the Sinton person who posted that. It was helpful- but see, Jason is always saying that Burnet's posters are the ones constantly making reference to how many people were there. My point is that he attacks Burnet about it everytime someone from any town makes a comment about how many people were there.

I would never have tried to be ugly, or not appreciate someone from Sinton about that. Please don't misunderstand me. I was just making that point to Jason because then he says "Burnet fans" are boasting. The point is that we DID and DO have a lot of people that show up for the big games. Sintonz_Wrecken was helping me out here- I know that!

<small>[ October 19, 2003, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

BHS#1
10-19-2003, 06:53 PM
Why does Jason even care about are fan base I just don't understand this whole topic.

unnamed_bdawg06
10-19-2003, 08:13 PM
as they said b4, they cant rag on our team, cuz noone has n e thing on them, so they lash out at the fans, cuz thats the best they could think of

<small>[ October 19, 2003, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: unnamed_bdawg06 ]</small>

HotDawg89
10-19-2003, 08:48 PM
BHS#1:
Why does Jason even care about are fan base I just don't understand this whole topic.I don't know. I was under the impression he was a pretty likable guy- I'm not sure- he seems like he might be the type just to stir something up and try to get people ticked off and get them going- he's probably sitting back and laughing at me and everyone else who tries to defend Burnet's "audience" It's silly. Really. What's even worse is that I have been trying so hard to point out to him that he is wrong, and it just makes more people angry. Again, he's probably laughing. Maybe he is trying to talk himself into (be being totally rude about it) bashing the Burnet fan base so that if we end up playing Forney- he can feel good about despising our team! I hope he has some really painful finals coming up. . . that's about all I can wish on him! hahahaha!

HotDawg89
10-19-2003, 08:49 PM
Oh, and Jason- don't forget, I know where you live! :D :D :D

3afan2K3
10-19-2003, 08:51 PM
HotDawg89:

BHS#1:
Why does Jason even care about are fan base I just don't understand this whole topic.he seems like he might be the type just to stir something up and try to get people ticked off and get them going- he's probably sitting back and laughing at me and everyone else who tries to defend Burnet's "audience"That part is true

<small>[ October 19, 2003, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

jason
10-19-2003, 08:52 PM
HotDawg89:
Oh, and Jason- don't forget, I know where you live! :D :D :D oh hush...i know where, well, i know where bigdog lives...ill just get him :D :D :D

HotDawg89
10-19-2003, 08:53 PM
Nevermind.

<small>[ October 19, 2003, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

3afan2K3
10-19-2003, 08:54 PM
I just remembered you cant bold quotes. But I know how to do it without the button at the bottom

<small>[ October 19, 2003, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

HotDawg89
10-19-2003, 08:56 PM
jason:

HotDawg89:
Oh, and Jason- don't forget, I know where you live! :D :D :D oh hush...i know where, well, i know where bigdog lives...ill just get him :D :D :D Yeah, you're a pretty big guy alright, but I think ol' Big19 could take ya!. . . for a ride! :D

HotDawg89
10-19-2003, 09:00 PM
3afan2K3:

HotDawg89:

BHS#1:
Why does Jason even care about are fan base I just don't understand this whole topic.he seems like he might be the type just to stir something up and try to get people ticked off and get them going- he's probably sitting back and laughing at me and everyone else who tries to defend Burnet's "audience"That part is trueI'm married to a man who thinks and acts just like that. I can handle it. wink

jason
10-19-2003, 09:06 PM
3afan2K3:

HotDawg89:

BHS#1:
Why does Jason even care about are fan base I just don't understand this whole topic.he seems like he might be the type just to stir something up and try to get people ticked off and get them going- he's probably sitting back and laughing at me and everyone else who tries to defend Burnet's "audience"That part is trueyou know not of what you speak... eek!

HotDawg89
10-19-2003, 09:18 PM
For everyone reading this- he probably knows better than anyone!

3afan2K3
10-19-2003, 09:19 PM
HotDawg89:
For everyone reading this- he probably knows better than anyone!????????

BHS#1
10-19-2003, 09:29 PM
Just to show you how crazy this topic is last time I looked it had 80 posts the topic of Forney vs Ferris and Forney stats has a total of 14.

jason
10-19-2003, 09:41 PM
BHS#1:
Just to show you how crazy this topic is last time I looked it had 80 posts the topic of Forney vs Ferris and Forney stats has a total of 14.lol...thats cool...i wonder how many other threads get that far off track...

olddawggreen
10-19-2003, 10:08 PM
Caaaaant weeeeee allllll just get along?

jason
10-19-2003, 10:10 PM
olddawggreen:
Caaaaant weeeeee allllll just get along????

HotDawg89
10-19-2003, 11:16 PM
At least it is all ribbing in good fun. We could be really saying some mean and nasty stuff to one another and meaning it... but wait- are you sure I don't? :D

3aFan2K3- what I meant was that you probably know better than anyone that your brother, Jason, is an instigator and starts stuff, and sits back and laughs when ti takes off.... I was saying you are right, and that even though Jason says you don't know what you are talking about-you do know what you are talking about.

HotDawg89
10-19-2003, 11:20 PM
This is my new signature line. You like? If you are nice, I'll remove it. hahahahahaha!

<small>[ October 19, 2003, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2003, 11:23 PM
HotDawg89:
This is my new signature line. You like? If you are nice, I'll remove it. hahahahahaha!That's funny! :cool:

SintonFan
10-20-2003, 02:04 AM
HotDawg89:

SintonFan:

HotDawg89:

jason:

Sintonz_Wrecken:
burnet does crowd is huge come playoff time .. i remmember when we played them last year in the playoffs sold out bobcat stadium in san marcos..i think it was something like 14,000.lol...no comment...I hope you are laughing because you see, it was a SINTON poster that made that estimation... see what I mean???????????????? eek! eek! eek! And Burnet has the rep for pushing the numbers....HotDawg89, it was a Sinton poster who was backing your town up. 'Nice' reaction to someone who was just trying to help...I wasn't trying to be ugly to the Sinton person who posted that. It was helpful- but see, Jason is always saying that Burnet's posters are the ones constantly making reference to how many people were there. My point is that he attacks Burnet about it everytime someone from any town makes a comment about how many people were there.

I would never have tried to be ugly, or not appreciate someone from Sinton about that. Please don't misunderstand me. I was just making that point to Jason because then he says "Burnet fans" are boasting. The point is that we DID and DO have a lot of people that show up for the big games. Sintonz_Wrecken was helping me out here- I know that!No problem HotDawg89. I just didn't read the irony into it. We're cool... wink

jason
10-20-2003, 08:11 AM
HotDawg89
"I'm one of 15,000 proud Burnet fans that show up at every single game! My name is Jason and I'm from Forney. I just wannabe from Burnet"OH NO YOU DIDN'T eek!

<small>[ October 20, 2003, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

HotDawg89
10-20-2003, 08:39 AM
jason:

HotDawg89
"I'm one of 15,000 proud Burnet fans that show up at every single game! My name is Jason and I'm from Forney. I just wannabe from Burnet"OH NO YOU DIDN'T eek! Oh come on- You know you totally had it coming! It's okay- I'll fix it. :D (At th is point I should just go back and put 20,000 fans instead and say it's fixed... but that wouldn't be very nice of me. :cool:

Bandera YaYa
10-20-2003, 08:42 AM
HotDawg89:

jason:

HotDawg89
"I'm one of 15,000 proud Burnet fans that show up at every single game! My name is Jason and I'm from Forney. I just wannabe from Burnet"OH NO YOU DIDN'T eek! Oh come on- You know you totally had it coming! It's okay- I'll fix it. :D (At th is point I should just go back and put 20,000 fans instead and say it's fixed... but that wouldn't be very nice of me. :cool: ..hahahahaha....Now that's funny!!!

Bandera YaYa
10-20-2003, 08:46 AM
BHS#1:
Did any accidently go to there new high school is was really nice and very scenic....we don't have a new high school......we have an old one that is very scenic, tho!

Every campus in our district is full of doziers, backhoes and big 18 wheelers, haulin in dirt and whatever.....so see, we are improving our schools! But personally, I'm glad my girls went to the old, yet un-revised versions.....But I'm just an old sentimental fool!!! :rolleyes:

HotDawg89
10-20-2003, 08:48 AM
Bandera YaYa:

BHS#1:
Did any accidently go to there new high school is was really nice and very scenic....we don't have a new high school......we have an old one that is very scenic, tho!

Every campus in our district is full of doziers, backhoes and big 18 wheelers, haulin in dirt and whatever.....so see, we are improving our schools! But personally, I'm glad my girls went to the old, yet un-revised versions.....But I'm just an old sentimental fool!!! :rolleyes: I think BHS #1 might be confused. I think that Fredricksburg has a new high school. I saw it on the way to Bandera.

jason
10-20-2003, 10:04 AM
Bandera YaYa:

HotDawg89:

jason:

HotDawg89
"I'm one of 15,000 proud Burnet fans that show up at every single game! My name is Jason and I'm from Forney. I just wannabe from Burnet"OH NO YOU DIDN'T eek! Oh come on- You know you totally had it coming! It's okay- I'll fix it. :D (At th is point I should just go back and put 20,000 fans instead and say it's fixed... but that wouldn't be very nice of me. :cool: ..hahahahaha....Now that's funny!!!YALL QUIT PICKING ON ME.... wink eek! wink eek!

BIG19
10-20-2003, 10:54 AM
HotDawg89:

jason:

HotDawg89:
Oh, and Jason- don't forget, I know where you live! :D :D :D oh hush...i know where, well, i know where bigdog lives...ill just get him :D :D :D Yeah, you're a pretty big guy alright, but I think ol' Big19 could take ya!. . . for a ride! :D All right, now you both just have to leave me out of this one. To put my 2 cents in, I thought Bandera played a good game. I was very impressed that the score was only 15-0 at half. No, I am not trying to sound like I am talking down to Bandera, I was just surprised. As for the crowd size thing, I was also surprised/upset that there were not more Burnet people there. I know it was a long drive, but some of us go no matter when and where our boys are playing. Thanks Bandera for being such great hosts.

jason
10-20-2003, 02:10 PM
ttt

BigChamp05
10-20-2003, 06:58 PM
BHS#1. Earlier, you made a comment about Rick Perry and Nolan Ryan showing up to a game. Well last year, there was a rumor that George Bush showed up to our state game.

jason
10-20-2003, 07:00 PM
well..elvis came to the grand opening of forneys new stadium...that made the attendance 23,001... :D

BigChamp05
10-20-2003, 07:11 PM
yep, George went to high school at Greenwood. I don't know for sure that he was there, but I'm pretty sure its true. So i figure that outdoes Gov. Perry. i don't know about Nolan Ryan though, lol.

BHS#1
10-21-2003, 06:27 AM
It was in the paper and they anounced it at the game. The came to see Shipley break the state records and is freinds to one of the Shipley's.

Bandera YaYa
10-21-2003, 02:52 PM
HotDawg89:

Bandera YaYa:

BHS#1:

Every campus in our district is full of doziers, backhoes and big 18 wheelers, haulin in dirt and whatever.....so see, we are improving our schools! But personally, I'm glad my girls went to the old, yet un-revised versions.....But I'm just an old sentimental fool!!! :rolleyes: I think BHS #1 might be confused. I think that Fredricksburg has a new high school. I saw it on the way to Bandera.I think ya'll BOTH confused!
:confused: :confused: ..Fredericksburg doesn't have a new high school, either!!! Yeah, you go right by it on Hwy 16...but it has been there for many, many years, unless they have one that just opened this year!

Bandera YaYa
10-21-2003, 02:58 PM
BIG19:

HotDawg89:

jason:

HotDawg89:
Oh, and Jason- don't forget, I know where you live! oh hush...i know where, well, i know where bigdog lives...ill just get him :D :D :D Yeah, you're a pretty big guy alright, but I think ol' Big19 could take ya!. . . for a ride! :D All right, now you both just have to leave me out of this one. To put my 2 cents in, I thought Bandera played a good game. I was very impressed that the score was only 15-0 at half. No, I am not trying to sound like I am talking down to Bandera, I was just surprised. As for the crowd size thing, I was also surprised/upset that there were not more Burnet people there. I know it was a long drive, but some of us go no matter when and where our boys are playing. Thanks Bandera for being such great hosts.You weren't the only one that was surprised by the half time score eek! ! ....and thanks..we were glad you came!! :)

BHS#1
10-21-2003, 04:36 PM
Well is said we were lost. I look new to me and it was my first time to Bandera but not my last.

BHS#1
10-21-2003, 04:37 PM
And we are thankful we made it back because it was dark. Ha Ha :) :)

BHS#1
10-21-2003, 04:50 PM
I like the kids who gave us directions back to the stadium they were very nice, and the kids at the middle school commented that "school isn't over yet."

bigdogsbulldogmom
10-21-2003, 04:59 PM
well we were there to watch my son stand on sidelines and looked good doining it too i might say lol. well we were the first few in gates at 5 and had very good seats as well. well be at all the games to support our boys band and cheerleaders as well as the drill team go Burnet Bulldogs!!!!!!!!

PAINTBALL
10-21-2003, 05:56 PM
Apparently the girls' restroom is right next to the visitors' locker room, because I heard the cheerleaders laugh about going in the boys' locker room by mistake and taking a lot of teasing from the players.
I thought Bandara had a good game plan. If the defensive coach has as good a game play against Liberty Hill, there might be a surprise waiting for the hill. All the Bandara fans were exceptionally nice. Thanks for the hospitality. I wasn't surprised by the low turnout. Most people I talked to last week decided that was a good week to stay home.Still all in all it was a decent crowd for a 3A game, with a 2 hour drive for the visitors.

HotDawg89
10-21-2003, 07:08 PM
I know that SOMEONE out there has a new high school, cause ny husband told me and he drives that way all the time, and is very familiar with the area. I know it wasn't in Bandera, but gosh I could have sworn it was Fredricksburg. Hmmm. I might be wrong, maybe it was a new one in Kerrville... as long as that drive as, it could be 1 of what, 5 or 6 towns??? SOMEONE has a new one! :D (The odds are good anyway! :D )

therealbulldogs
10-21-2003, 07:09 PM
It's Kerrville Tivy that has a new school.