PDA

View Full Version : PI vs Yoakum

cablegal2001
11-19-2001, 12:43 PM
Any imput on this Yoakum team from people in that district?

cablegal2001
11-19-2001, 02:42 PM
Last time these two played each other I understand it was back in 1976. And the score was ---- Yoakum 13-- PI 9 Let's see what the outcome will be this time around. Wishing the Port Isabel Tarpons the best! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

jgbulldog
11-19-2001, 07:43 PM
Good luck to both teams, but remember, whomever wins, you must face the Marion Bulldogs, and you best be ready!!!

footballer2
11-20-2001, 07:02 PM
JGBULLDOG-MARION MUST BEAT WIMBERLY FIRST-DON'T GET THE BIG HEAD AND PUT YOURSELF IN THE BIG GAMES BEFORE YOU HAVE EARNED IT- IT CAN COME BACK AND BITE YOU IN THE BUTT, JUST ASK THAT GUY FROM ZAPATA THAT HAD THEM WINNING THE REGION AND THEN THEY LOSE IN THE FIRST ROUND TO A #3 SEEDED TEAM. LET ME GIVE YOU SOME SOUND ADVICE - PLAY ONE GAME AT A TIME!

footballer2
11-20-2001, 07:11 PM
AS FOR THE YOAKUM - PORT ISABELL MATCHUP,MY SOURCES FROM YOAKUM SAY THAT PORT ISABELL IS A SCRAPPY, QUICK AND AGGRESSIVE FOOTBALL TEAM,BUT THEY DON'T MATCH UP WITH WHAT THE BULLDOGS HAVE GOT. I THINK THE BEST THING PORT ISABELL HAS GOT IS PLAYOFF TRADITION-HEY AND SOMETIMES THIS CARRIES TEAMS IN PLAYOFF GAMES. HE THINKS YOAKUM BY 20 , I THINK IT WILL BE A DOG FIGHT. THOSE IBM'S DOWN THERE ARE SCRAPPERS!

footballer2
11-20-2001, 07:12 PM
JGBULLDOG-MARION MUST BEAT WIMBERLY FIRST-DON'T GET THE BIG HEAD AND PUT YOURSELF IN THE BIG GAMES BEFORE YOU HAVE EARNED IT- IT CAN COME BACK AND BITE YOU IN THE BUTT, JUST ASK THAT GUY FROM ZAPATA THAT HAD THEM WINNING THE REGION AND THEN THEY LOSE IN THE FIRST ROUND TO A #3 SEEDED TEAM. LET ME GIVE YOU SOME SOUND ADVICE - PLAY ONE GAME AT A TIME!

SintonFan
11-21-2001, 03:45 AM
Cablegal2001, why don't we hear from more ppl in the valley? I've seen you and alot of other PI fans post at the rgv forum. Are there any La Feria fans around there? Turn them on to this forum so they can put their two cents in, too.

footballer2
11-21-2001, 03:17 PM
sinton fan - don't encourage too many of those people from rgv sports.com from tapping into this forum - this forum for the most part is a true sports forum with good football discussion. i was told to check into rgv sports.com and it was mostly immature trash talk on that forum. i believe that most people on that forum are immature high school students. lets try to keep all that trash off of this forum. i dont mind good constructive discussion but i believe that sports forum is out of control (with many high school students from a particular school that is still in the playoffs)with what they call talking "smack".

AAAfan
11-21-2001, 04:15 PM
Footballer2, I agree with you that this is a good forum for talking about football. I encourage everyone to keep it that way. I know that texasgridiron.com's bulletin board has spiralled out of control as well. Too many high school kids talking about each other's mamas.

This is a good forum. Thanks to all the posters who participate with respectable comments and discussions.

cablegal2001
11-26-2001, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by jgbulldog:
Good luck to both teams, but remember, whomever wins, you must face the Marion Bulldogs, and you best be ready!!!
I think you meant to say Wimberly right?

cak23
11-27-2001, 09:58 PM
yeah, i just saw yoakem and i was wandering what ever happened to randy boone? if anyone knows him let me know and ask him about the college station in the little league state playoffs, he was a great pitcher. thanks