PDA

View Full Version : The cost of making it to the state championship game

GWOOD
11-14-2003, 11:17 AM
As the playoffs begin this weekend, my wife and I were reminiscing over last year's Greenwood run. We put a pencil to it and for a family of five, it comes out something like this for six weeks of playoff games:

Gasoline.....$160
Restaurants/Snacks.....$270
Hotels(twice).....$140
"Team Spirit" items.....$75
Football Tickets.....$125
Condition of house.....cluttered, minor repairs put on hold
Christmas shopping.....Way behind

29 hours of family time in van, new friendships, and the atmosphere of a state championship game.....PRICELESS!

Ranger Mom
11-14-2003, 11:24 AM
Boy do I EVER know what you mean!!

I lucked out, my parents live between Denton and McKinney, so I stayed at their house before the last two games.

I didn't to ANY shopping until the Sunday AFTER the State game. My kids had cash wrapped in several boxes.

It was a FIASCO trying to make it home from the game - but I wouldn't change a minute of it. (Well, I might flip-flop the final score!! :D )

crzyjournalist03
11-14-2003, 11:25 AM
wow...expenses...I hadn't even thought of those until you posted this...last year, I travelled with the school to all the events, so I think in our entire playoff run, I spent about ten bucks...it's going to be a lot more costly this year.

Ranger Mom
11-14-2003, 11:30 AM
I'm just thankful we are able to pre-buy the tickets. I got 2 adult and 3 students this morning for $16. If I waited until the game, I would have paid $25!

GWOOD
11-14-2003, 11:34 AM
Ranger Mom:
I'm just thankful we are able to pre-buy the tickets. I got 2 adult and 3 students this morning for $16. If I waited until the game, I would have paid $25!Absolutely! If we remembered correctly, we could get those prices for every playoff game last year except for the Semifinal game and the Championship game.

Ranger Mom
11-14-2003, 11:36 AM
I believe so!!

Unfortunately, the MRT reported that they go on sale Friday after 12:00, but actually, they are on sale UNTIL Friday (today) at 12:00.

I hope a bunch of people don't show up this afternoon expecting to buy tickets!!

Mid80'sTarpon
11-14-2003, 01:03 PM
Ranger Mom:
I'm just thankful we are able to pre-buy the tickets. I got 2 adult and 3 students this morning for $16. If I waited until the game, I would have paid $25!It's still the cheapest and hopefully greatest entertainment around. Living in a big market town, you can't get one ticket(pro teams) for the price of all those high school tickets.

Bandera YaYa
11-14-2003, 05:46 PM
GWOOD:
As the playoffs begin this weekend, my wife and I were reminiscing over last year's Greenwood run. We put a pencil to it and for a family of five, it comes out something like this for six weeks of playoff games:

Gasoline.....$160
Restaurants/Snacks.....$270
Hotels(twice).....$140
"Team Spirit" items.....$75
Football Tickets.....$125
Condition of house.....cluttered, minor repairs put on hold
Christmas shopping.....Way behind

29 hours of family time in van, new friendships, and the atmosphere of a state championship game.....PRICELESS!For the YaYa's, I'd have to add:

Toilet Paper.....4 cases (for papering each senior's house the week of the Big game)

Pinto Beans.....180 lbs (to put in spirit shakers for 6 games)

Speeding ticket......$118.00 (purchased after the State game)

Christmas......Did we have that last year? eek!

Eating, eating, eating.......40 lbs (collectively, of course :D :rolleyes: )

Cell phone roaming........$38.00 (when trying to find the rest of the caravan, that's left you behind, while going erroneously to a YaYa in need of road side assistance after the Big game)

Winning State.......PRICELESS !!

<small>[ November 14, 2003, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Bandera YaYa ]</small>

BigChamp05
11-14-2003, 05:55 PM
I'm sure it was worth every penny of it.

Ranger Mom
11-14-2003, 06:38 PM
BigChamp05:
I'm sure it was worth every penny of it.I bet it was....it was even worth it to me, and we came home empty-handed.......except for all those multi-colored condoms!!! :D :D :D

Bandera YaYa
11-14-2003, 11:25 PM
Ranger Mom:

BigChamp05:
I'm sure it was worth every penny of it.I bet it was....it was even worth it to me, and we came home empty-handed.......except for all those multi-colored condoms!!! :D :D :D HHAHAHHAHAHAHA.....I still can laugh at that story, even a year later!!!! :D

Bandera YaYa
11-14-2003, 11:28 PM
Hey, nice pic, Champ!! :cool: