PDA

View Full Version : bulls defense

bigfanofthegame
09-22-2002, 09:17 AM
not that i am on the up and up with stats but i do have to say being a die hard bull fan D is doing great. congrats to the team as a whole and the coaches. just a question why in the papers around here is the emphasis on the offense? i would really like to see more on the D guys. it also helps to have awesome fans..we are up in the stands "cheering" no matter how the guys are doing... wondering how you guys feel is on the defense this year

TwoBRockin
09-22-2002, 11:51 AM
I agree that the Bulls defense doesn't get the attention. Having had some son's that played defense for the BULLS. But as the season continues we will see more and more coverage of the defense. That is how TRUE top teams make it through the play-off. All will see how good the defense truly is during the Gainsville Game. Because if we don't have a defense Gainsville could be tough to beat. Can't rely on just the offense for this game or the next.....

sinton66
09-22-2002, 12:03 PM
You also need to consider the media. They are into excitement that sells newspapers. Offenses tend to do that. Defenses don't until the playoffs. Be patient, it will come.

Kool Tarpon 21
09-22-2002, 12:07 PM
Yeah, Sinton66 is right. Just wait.

BullsFan
09-22-2002, 02:47 PM
Not only that, but Daugherty is a pretty big story. For right now, he's the one generating the most press, and the offense kind of goes along with all that.

slpybear the bullfan
09-22-2002, 09:27 PM
Hey guys, if you read some of my other posts, you will see me saying that I really think this D has the potential to be much improved over last year.

The secondary is really starting to play well, just a couple of coverage breakdowns a game and plenty of good pass defenses.

The D Line is starting to get that constant pressure thing down.

And the Linebacker Corps has more than one player doing it... if you know what I mean.

If the D stays healthier from here on out, the D will be able to play at a high enough level....

I think!

Slpybear

TarponRl3k
09-23-2002, 04:36 PM
yep...we know all about that...