PDA

View Full Version : NEWTON 32/BRIDGECITY 0

df1
11-03-2001, 12:52 AM
NM

TheNewtonBoy
11-03-2001, 12:59 AM
I predicted that newton would win 35 to 6. I'll take 32 to 0 any day. Bridge city made me look bad since they didn't score 6. Newtons Defense had there way with Bridge City. Kaleb punted a great punt that set up a saftey. The line did a pretty good job. It was the best game I have ever seen.

bccards
11-03-2001, 01:27 AM
it was definately a great game to watch. BC had the opportunity to score inside the 10, but unfortunately fumbled the ball, and Newton recovered.. I tell you what.. It was a great game. Good luck to you guys in the quest for the State Championship!! Now that the heated game is over, I'm ALL for Newton!

surfspike
11-03-2001, 11:51 AM
BC = OVERRATED, well maybe not anymore.

Old Cardinal
11-03-2001, 12:46 PM
To: surfspike(Mr. Forney,TX) Your right, Bridge City could not come close to handleing that excellent Newton team. Having gained only 42 total yards on offense is sad. It was and interesting game however: the score was only 11-0 on into the fourth Quarter. At that point Hershell Alfred broke for 35 yards against a very tired defense and the score was 18-0. Having two players from Bridge City already headed for the hospital-BC wisely struck their colors and began sending in the subs so we might have less injuries going into the playoffs. Newton is the epitome of a well coached team. They are Championship material deluxe, driving relentlessly for 1st down after 1st down. They have Champions written all over them! Bridge City is easy to scout-run two plunges, if within 3 yards plunge again. If not, throw to the flats or try and outside run. Never throw on 1st down or 2nd down when they are stacked 10 in the box..., I was proud of BC's defense that stayed on the field almost all the time for over 3 quarters, and to that point, never giving up the big play to an incredable Newton team.

3Aroy
11-03-2001, 12:55 PM
Old Cardinal,
Don't loose hope. You guys have a great team and will do good in the playoffs! It was a very close game until the fourth qaurter, and the reason Newton did so good in the 4th is because Newton was able to keep BC's offense off of the field. Your defense was extremely tired at the end. Newton played a great game. PICK YOUR HEADS UP CARDINALS... you will have a good playoff run! Take it a week at a time. It looks like the Eagles may have another shot at STATE!!!!!

Backwoods
11-03-2001, 01:01 PM
OK Old Card. See that you made another sunrise. Great. What is the status of the two kids who went to the hospital. Especially the one that took so long to load. I hope you noticed the standing ovation he got from the Newton fans. Good luck in the playoffs. We're pulling for you. Looks like the end of a potential rivalry as we are probably going to 2A. I guess we just can't play with the Big Boys. Good Luck.

RBARKER
11-03-2001, 01:41 PM
Old Cardinal, You wanted to know why all of the Div II teams were ahead of you in the polls. well I think you got your answer. Your lucky that yall are in Div I you might be able to get to round 2. Sorry i just love when someone is always talking smack on here and then the get shutup. Dont talk about other teams untill you have one to talk about. 32-0 great job Newton good luck in the playoffs.

[This message has been edited by RBARKER (edited November 03, 2001).]

Old Cardinal
11-03-2001, 02:09 PM
Mr.Backwoods, The two boys will be allright the one with the neck injury was the one everyone was worried about. Great event wasn't it Mr. Backwoods-go get that State Title!

BH_146
11-03-2001, 02:17 PM
Congrats to Newton on your win. And Old Cardinal, it is a testament to BC's defense that the score was only 11-0 going into the fourth quarter given the fact that the Cards' offense was non-existent. But whether you are just barely ahead or barely behind most of the game, many people will just look at the final score to make their judgement.

Newton Thug
11-05-2001, 10:31 AM
You can count on a State
championship stop talking bout newton bc yea newton wooped there A$$ but its time to thing about the weeks ahead