PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City 11 Sealy 3

Old Cardinal
05-09-2002, 10:25 PM
Bridge City was ahead by 8 runs in the second inning, scoring 3 more in the 5th. They play again in Deer Park Std. at 5:00pm tomorrow. Thusfar, They have lost to Lumberton a 4A playoff team, Jasper a 4A playoff team, Nederland a 4A playoff team and Sulphur, La......I believe they have also beaten all of the teams that had beat them with the exception of Nederland which they played only once losing 3-1. They beat Sulphur La. a top-rated Louisiana team with their #2 pitcher and lost to them with their #4 pitcher. They beat the defending Louisiana Champion, Sam Houston-Lake Charles twice, #4 team DeRidder, and all other 3A and 4A teams that they faced. After tonight, Luther Sanders (#1) pitcher is undefeated while on the mound against some very good teams.......How is Sinton, Lorena, La Grange,BH, Sweeny doing?

BH_146
05-10-2002, 10:04 AM
I read the article in the Port Arthur News and it sounds like BC totally dominated the game. Barbers Hill plays tonight in Humble against Shepherd in a one game playoff. We split with them during the year, winning 6-2 and losing 3-2. I hope we can get by the Pirates as I would like to see another BH-BC matchup. Also, I won't be able to see tonight's game. My youngest is graduating from SWT this weekend; a spring graduate in 4 years. So, its time to celebrate!

Old Cardinal
05-10-2002, 10:36 AM
Congra's to the new College Grad--I remember that feeling they experience-its a good one for both parents and grad........I worry about BH, they have such good Coaching Staubunb? and Byrd. BH 146, At the first of the year, I felt that they would be a force in the playoffs even this year. I would presently rate Buna in the top 5 teams left in the 3A playoffs. We had a good 21-3A group this year, even our #4 team beat Jasper twice this year. Orangefield gave Ozen all they could handle one night.

buffalo booster
05-10-2002, 10:46 AM
Lorena is now 24-1. Beat Mexia in their first game 9-1. (Mexia didn't help themselves much and committed 7 errors during the game.) Game 2 is tonight at 5 pm.

BH_146
05-10-2002, 02:28 PM
Old Card, The Shepherd coach stated in the paper that he hoped to capitalize on the fact that we are a young team. I prefer to say we are inexperienced. We have guys that I don't believe have played a significant amount of ball. I believe that you can be young and still be good. Right now we have the potential to play very well. But then again, we seem not to be able to recognize situations and react accordingly. Since we only have 2 seniors, I hope that these guys are able to play some serious summer baseball. Good luck against Sweeny.

ElMeroMero
05-10-2002, 11:43 PM
BH wins 3-0