PDA

View Full Version : Bellville vs Liberty Friday 7:30 in Tomball

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-17-2002, 10:21 PM
Bellville will be the Home team.
How does each team stack up against each other???
Bellville 10-1 23AAA District champs
Liberty 6-5 22AAA 3rd in District
1st round games!
Bellville 36
Giddings 12

Liberty 14
Orangefield 10

sinton66
11-18-2002, 07:24 AM
I'm going to predict Bellville by 10 in this one. Good luck to both teams for an injury free contest.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-18-2002, 08:48 PM
Is it true that #11 Garrett Dornon is ready to play this week for the Brahmas? The talk was this week or next week, if Bellville wins. Just wondering if there is any truth to the rumor?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-19-2002, 02:24 PM
Collier-Sharp Poll has Bellville at #7 in the state, and Liberty at #85 in the state, Collier-Sharp has Bellville by 29.

AP_OLB_1
11-19-2002, 06:50 PM
i cant really come up with an outcome of this game. bellville is a passing team with a elusive QB and liberty is weak agianst the pass... but on the other hand bellville is week against the run and liberty is a running team. to me this one is a toss up.. i think its going to be a high scoring game and whoever scores the most w/o having to punt will be the winner.. (if that wasnt oviouse already)
all i got to say is the data polls dont mean anything once the first kick off...
good luck

Brahma73
11-19-2002, 07:02 PM
AP_OLB_1:
i cant really come up with an outcome of this game. bellville is a passing team with a elusive QB and liberty is weak agianst the pass... but on the other hand bellville is week against the run and liberty is a running team. to me this one is a toss up.. i think its going to be a high scoring game and whoever scores the most w/o having to punt will be the winner.. (if that wasnt oviouse already)
all i got to say is the data polls dont mean anything once the first kick off...

good luckYou're right @ the data polls. So much more busy work. If it was up to me, publishing rankings would be illegal in high school football. They serve absolutely no purpose.

Back to your quote. Don't characterize Bellville as a "passing team." I think if you check their stats you'll find they pass effectively because teams learn to respect their running.

AP_OLB_1
11-19-2002, 07:14 PM
You're right @ the data polls. So much more busy work. If it was up to me, publishing rankings would be illegal in high school football. They serve absolutely no purpose.

Back to your quote. Don't characterize Bellville as a "passing team." I think if you check their stats you'll find they pass effectively because teams learn to respect their running

your right brahma... the reason that i stated that yall were a passing team is b/c all i have heard about from other ppl is that yall have a great QB that makes alot of plays and recievers who catch what he trows... and i witnessed libertys pass Dfense.. good luck and have a injury free game

travis
11-19-2002, 07:24 PM
Bellville is more of a running team than a passing team and is far from weak against the run, I think by looking at Bellville's stats (especially from the start of district) from the Houston Chronicle (http://www.chron.com/content/chronicle/sports/hs/team_page.hts?year=2002&team_id=1767) you'll get a better idea what's going on with Bellville

And Dornon won't be playing this week or next, I don't think there was a whole lot of truth behind that rumor.

gdornon11
11-19-2002, 08:20 PM
thanks for clearing that up travis. no i wont be playing this week. the doctor told me i was 5 weeks ahead on my rehab and told me to come back in 3 weeks from last thurs. and he might release me if everything looks o.k. that would leave me with 2 games left. i will keep yall updated!

AP_OLB_1
11-19-2002, 08:40 PM
im sorry if yall took offense to that i was just complementing yall on yalls passing game...

Brahma73
11-19-2002, 10:02 PM
AP_OLB_1:
im sorry if yall took offense to that i was just complementing yall on yalls passing game...No offense taken here at all! I'm close kin to the QB, anyway. I'm one of his biggest fans!! Just thought the "runners" needed a few props.

How's Anahuac looking for 03-04? We used to always meet you guys in the play-offs and we had some classic battles.

Old Cardinal
11-19-2002, 10:12 PM
Boy, I usually have a strong opinion on a given team that I have seen play. Liberty can fool you, they can play good or they can almost slumber. Bridge City and Barbers Hill took it easy on them at the first of the year. They could have beat them by 50 points....But at the end of the year they bested a very good Div II team in Orangefield. The keep Sauceda from running wild on them, which is an accomplishment! They are playing much better at this point. I don't think Bellville is unbeatable or even that good, Elgin proved that pretty handlely.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-19-2002, 10:30 PM
Hey #11, we sure miss seeing you out on the field, It would be great if the Doc. releases you in a few weeks. We just have to hope the rest of the Brahmas give you that chance to get back out there. Hey Brahmas it's up to you, do this not only for #11 but for you and the team, don't forget the town and your fans are behind you 100%.
Go Bellville Brahmas lets win 5 more games this year!!!

trojandad
11-19-2002, 10:44 PM
First, I agree with Old Card. Liberty played the game against Orangefield that they played against Barbers Hill for 45 minutes of the game and against us for 46 minutes of the game. I think the rest of the teams they play, like Orangefield found out, are gonna reap the bitter taste they have for not having finished those earlier games in their season.

Second, don't worry Liberty. The poll has you #85, yet they have us #108. In other words, they feel over half of the schools in the state of Texas are better than us. And less than a fourth of the schools are still playing. And we beat y'all, so why would we be below you? And all of this when we have the 2nd rated offense and the sixth ranked defense in the area, according to the Chronicle? You think we aren't ignoring polls around here? You guys enjoy beating the pollsters again this week like you did last week.

If we both take care of bizness, we can meet again in three weeks, wouldn't that be the coolest thing? Go get em !

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-19-2002, 11:25 PM
Old Cardinal quotes," I dont think Bellville is unbeatable or even that good, Elgin proved that pretty handlely". First off have you seen any Bellville games this year? Second Elgin beat Bellville 24-17, If that is what you call "pretty handlely" then Bellville must have masacred the rest of the teams on there schedule, all but one, were beat by 15 or more points, one game Bellville won by 8 points, that must have been, "pretty handely". For the Elgin game If Bellville would have been clicking on all four cylinders, or even two, Bellville could have beat Elgin. not to mention the refs., that night. Every good team has a off night, maybe two! If you follow the Brahmas you would agree that Bellville had a off night against Elgin, and also in the 1st round of the play-offs,and still beat Giddings 36-12. Lets hope for no more off nights by the Brahmas, If that happens the Brahmas just might win a state title!!!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-20-2002, 12:08 AM
Hey Brahma 73, were you at the Elgin game? Have fun at work this week!

therealbulldogs
11-20-2002, 12:28 AM
Alright, what happened to Dornon? I know that he is a big loss for Bellville. I remember going against him last year and he and #55 were all over the field against us in just about every tackle.

Bongo
11-20-2002, 11:04 AM
Dornon tore an ACL in I believe the first game of the season. He was a big loss, but being the first game gave other kids a lot of playing experience trying to fill his shoes. They can't completely fill his shoes, but they are showing a lot of heart and determination and are growing with each game.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-20-2002, 02:22 PM
Bellville can do it both ways, they pass the ball very well. They allready have 1268 yards passing, but when they run the ball they are good at that to, rushing for 2712 yards, 1292 coming from Tim Gobert, but Tim is not the only back Bellville has, If you key on Tim, just give it to Mcfarland, or Bryant. Bryant had 213 yards against Giddings in the 1st round. Bellville has many ways to score, they can do it both ways!!
Good luck to the Brahmas!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-20-2002, 02:25 PM
Bellville can do it both ways, they pass the ball very well. They allready have 1268 yards passing, but when they run the ball they are good at that to, rushing for 2712 yards, 1292 coming from Tim Gobert, but Tim is not the only back Bellville has, If you key on Tim, just give it to Mcfarland, or Bryant. Bryant had 213 yards against Giddings in the 1st round. Bellville's total rushing yards against Giddings was 380. Bellville has many ways to score, they can do it both ways!!
Good luck to the Brahmas!!!

bros543
11-20-2002, 02:53 PM
what up fellas? who is former bellville brahma? i know everyone else. Bellville will be tough this week if g dornon is back, although he lacks dominant speed, he delivers a blow and leadership to the game

trojandad
11-20-2002, 02:55 PM
Bellville will be tough, for sure. Everybody is this time of year. They deserve being here.

RBARKER
11-20-2002, 03:08 PM
I think if Liberty can put 21 on the board they will win this game. Liberty has a stingy defense that is going to be hard for any team to score on unless of coarse there are fumbles. Bellville has a good team also and will not be a team that will let 21 points scored on them without playing mistake free football. So is see a close one 21-17 Liberty.

KL3
11-20-2002, 04:23 PM
Hey bros, you know me from websider.

eaglefan24
11-20-2002, 04:32 PM
Who have Liberty and Bellville played this year and what were the scores? All I know is that Liberty is 6-5 w/ a win over Orangefield last week 14-10 and Bellville is 10-1 with a win over a weak Giddings squad 36-12. I know Bellville is a good team though, but I know nothing about Liberty. I'm kinda curious because Fairfield will play the winner as long as we can get past Rockdale, which we should.

Brahma73
11-20-2002, 05:27 PM
eaglefan24:
Who have Liberty and Bellville played this year and what were the scores? All I know is that Liberty is 6-5 w/ a win over Orangefield last week 14-10 and Bellville is 10-1 with a win over a weak Giddings squad 36-12. I know Bellville is a good team though, but I know nothing about Liberty. I'm kinda curious because Fairfield will play the winner as long as we can get past Rockdale, which we should.District records are on 3A Down Low, but here are all of them:

Bellville - Rockdale 31-7, Cameron 28-20, St. Thomas (Houston Private School) 34-17, Elgin (L) 17-24, Rice 56-28, Columbus 21-6, Navasota 21-6, Stafford (Common Opponent) 35-14, Hempstead 38-7, Sealy 38-13, Giddings 36-12.

Liberty - Silsbee (L) 6-40, Bridge City (L)8-30, Stafford (L)7-14, Splendora 27-13, Shepherd 40-14, Coldspring (L) 21-22, Barbers Hill (L) 14-34, Tarkington 24-6, Huffman 41-7, Cleveland 21-7, Orangefield 14-10.

I think these are all right. Of course you know how much past records mean. Liberty-Bellville will be a dogfight!

eaglefan24
11-20-2002, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the scores, I appreciate it. I just watned to see how Fairfield matched up with each of these teams by possible common opponents, or second-hand opponents. Of course you are right, past scores mean absolutely nothing when teams step on the field. From what I hear Liberty is a lot better than their record indicates and Bellville is definitely the real deal. Good luck to both teams, and hopefully we'll see you next week in either Bryan or Huntsville.

AggieJohn
11-20-2002, 11:00 PM
Here is the skinny on liberty brahma dude...
Liberty started off slow...we had a bunch of players in uncomfortable positions and not flowing.....AT ALL....hence the 3 losses..which should of only been one really.....but about week 2 we or so Liberty made huge switches....moving the qb out to db....as well as others..and brought in another qb into the picture and he has been nothing but the best...the switch took time to adjust but it eventually did that..it adjusted and they are basically 6-2 after that....they switched late in week 3 so when they played stafford they really weren't ready....but this new offensive just clicked and has been amazing..you'll hear 5 main names on friday...LB A. Moss, QB S. Smart, LB S. Havard, RB E. Moss, and RB J. Garrett....while i don't want to make stars here...these guys are efficient and know what to do...at times it seems like they play reckless...but that's their style and they are good at i can guarantee you that...yes we did have to win out after week 7 to make it to the playoffs...did we squeak by o.field....i don't really think so...they might of had more talent...but i think they were just outcoached....it all goes back to that saying that on any given friday night any given team can beat another team...i think the players from both sides know the weaknesses or each...liberty can't all the time handle the flats...but from what i hear bellville doesn't know how to handle pounding it up the middle....not offend their linebackers...oh yeah one more thing..we have an all state center...he's big...and he has good teeth.....

KL3
11-21-2002, 12:29 AM
If liberty is going to try and run up the middle all night, its going to be a long game for them.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-21-2002, 08:35 AM
Here is some infomation about Bellville's first 10 opponents! Seven of its ten regular season opponents, all made the play-offs and did also both of the Brahmas scrimmage foes, the only teams on the Bellville schedule to not make the play-offs were district opponents, Sealy, Hempstead, and Stafford. Scrimmage opponent Brenham, and regular season foes Rockdale, Cameron, Elgin, Rice, and Houston St. Thomas, are still in the play-offs.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-21-2002, 12:08 PM
Site for next weeks game between Liberty(6-5) vs Bellville(10-1) winner, and Rockdale(7-4) vs Fairfield(10-1) winner. The game will be next Saturday in Huntsville, at Sam Houston State, at 2:00 or 2:30.
This information source was the press, that got it from one of the coaches. Good Luck!!

AggieJohn
11-21-2002, 02:38 PM
KL3....i'm not sayinng that liberty solely goes ground game...they have a nice airial unit as well....infact their qb can chunk the mess out of the ball...one of liberty's touchdown's over orangfield was a 61 yrds pass reception...i can tell you that the pass alone was about 40 yards and was dead accurate

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-21-2002, 05:53 PM
Hey you Bellville Brahma fans, dont forget the town pep rally today(Thursday) at the mini park, 6:00 PM. See you there!
Go Bellville Beat Liberty!!!!

AggieJohn
11-21-2002, 10:03 PM
Just wanna drop a quick note and say i enjoyed my self at the bonfire tonight....kind of scared though when all those football players were told they could lite it...just kidding...anyway...great pep rally...enjoy tommorrow's stuff....and see everyone at the game.....Go Panthers

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-22-2002, 08:36 AM
Hey,Hey Hey, today is the day,
Go Bellville Beat Liberty!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-22-2002, 04:57 PM
Just to remind the last person out of Bellville tonight, not to forget to turn out the lights!!Go Bellville Beat Liberty!!!

punt
11-22-2002, 06:42 PM
Sure hope someone can give some updates during the game. I guess that when the Bulls get ahead by 30 the coach will let the second team play some. Bellville has too much on offense and defense for Liberty to make a game of it.