12-01-2003, 08:22 PM
ITS ON ABC NOW!

LH Panther Mom
12-01-2003, 08:47 PM
Awww. Our shirtless boys looked so cute. wink

District303aPastPlayer
12-01-2003, 08:51 PM
i like this special, also...
our Jr High Alma Mater in Sinton is the same at the Burnet High School Alma Mater...
HAIL MAROOON AND WHIIIIIIIIIIIIITEEE!

<small>[ December 01, 2003, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: District303aPastPlayer ]</small>

lepfan
12-01-2003, 08:52 PM
LH Panther Mom:
Awww. Our shirtless boys looked so cute. wink and it was cold too...LOL

Diboll_Lumberjackk
12-01-2003, 08:53 PM
lol what a special. I didnt know Shipley was white i guess now i do=]

jason
12-01-2003, 08:54 PM
Diboll_Lumberjackk:
lol what a special. I didnt know Shipley was white i guess now i do=]lol...theres not much else in burnet...lol

LH Panther Mom
12-01-2003, 08:55 PM
Yeah, I said they looked cute. I didn't say they had good sense. :D Dang it....I realllly hated seeing that 78-yd TD again. :)

District303aPastPlayer
12-01-2003, 08:56 PM
i only saw the ending of it... anyone record it in sinton?

turbostud
Panther mom, be proud. Liberty Hill got some good air time.

olddawggreen
LH Panther Mom:
Awww. Our shirtless boys looked so cute. wink Your guys looked great Panther Mom! If anyone around Liberty Hill wants a copy, the Burnet Bulitin said copies would be available. GO GREEN DOGS!

LH Panther Mom
12-01-2003, 08:58 PM
Yeah, it was put together very well. Congrats to the Bulldogs & thanks for letting us share your air time. :)

HotDawg89
12-01-2003, 08:59 PM
I'm so glad that was done as tastefully as it was! I really enjoyed it--- it gave me goosebumps!

Burnet Dawg06
12-01-2003, 09:01 PM
that was so awesome

turbostud
12-01-2003, 09:01 PM
I wish they had done a whole hour, but the 15 minutes was pretty darn good.

Tanglefoot
12-01-2003, 09:04 PM
I just watched Prime Time, and I will tell you I was very impressed with Burnet and Burnet football. You represented Texas and Texans very well and I am proud to be from Texas. Your head coach is someone that you can be very proud of, Burnet. Keep up the good work and good luck to you in your future endeavors.

3ahunter2k4
12-01-2003, 09:05 PM
that was neat

HotDawg89
12-01-2003, 09:10 PM
I just think it says so much about Texas football- of course it was neat seeing all the green and white cause I'm a big Burnet junkie, but it would have been a cool story if it had been about any team!!!

And hey you fellow Texans, guess what??? We didn't come off looking like a bunch of hicks! Yee HA! That really made me feel better.

jason
12-01-2003, 09:12 PM
HotDawg89:
I just think it says so much about Texas football- of course it was neat seeing all the green and white cause I'm a big Burnet junkie, but it would have been a cool story if it had been about any team!!!

And hey you fellow Texans, guess what??? We didn't come off looking like a bunch of hicks! Yee HA! That really made me feel better.thats what i thought might happen...but it didnt, they did good...you all should be proud.... :)

<small>[ December 01, 2003, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

Tanglefoot
12-01-2003, 09:13 PM
You are so right,HotDawn89. Most of the people in Texas are not "hicks", and that was proven tonight. Burnet, I can't say it enough - YOU MAKE US TEXANS PROUD!!!!

20dawgz05
12-01-2003, 09:18 PM
haha my dad was so proud that his sign was on there 4 times haha he just had a big smile!!! :D

olddawggreen
12-01-2003, 09:22 PM
HotDawg89:

And hey you fellow Texans, guess what??? We didn't come off looking like a bunch of hicks! Yee HA! That really made me feel better.ditto!

bulldogvet85
12-01-2003, 09:26 PM
yeah i'm glad that they didnt make us look like a bunch of hicks thats what I was affraid of. bu it turned out great.

Texan007
12-01-2003, 10:30 PM
Burnet should be proud to get the national air time they got. What a great story, home town boy comes back to coach where he grew up and played and have his son break all the records and help them get to state championship. Texas high school football and small Texas towns came out looking great. Good job Burnet Bulldogs. Congrats to Coach Shipley and his staff, players, students, fans, and everyone else. Hope you win state championship. Good Luck

olddawggreen
12-01-2003, 10:37 PM
:)

20dawgz05
12-01-2003, 10:43 PM
yeah yall are so true about the hick thing...i can just see some of the ppl out there goin where are all the cowboy hats and horses hahah :p

lobo12
12-01-2003, 11:05 PM
if it is going to replay, i would like to know when. i couldnt watch it because i was at basketball practice. and yall are right, there in nothing like texas football, no other states can even compare

District303aPastPlayer
12-01-2003, 11:44 PM
imma get shot for this, but pennsylvania and california have good football followings.
California has the 5x Defending National Champs: Concord De La Salle

dawgdad
12-01-2003, 11:45 PM
Was pretty cool seeing my kid and the other Burnet team on national TV. Gonna make copies for the relatives- Burnet made the state of Texas proud by showing it's football heritage to the USA

dawgdad
12-01-2003, 11:46 PM
meant to say the other Burnet team players

PAINTBALL
12-01-2003, 11:48 PM
The show was sooo cool. My son's brothers both called home tonight wanting to talk to the movie star. Burnet looked good. I'm so proud of every one interviewed and Texas football. :D :D

lobo12
12-01-2003, 11:48 PM
i think you misunderstood me, i didnt mean to say they dont have the talent to compare to texas. i just mean the was it is on friday nights, how the whole town supports it and texas is a football state, im probably confusing yall because it is hard to explain so sorry

DawgMaw02
12-01-2003, 11:51 PM
dawgdad:
Was pretty cool seeing my kid and the other Burnet team on national TV. Gonna make copies for the relatives- Burnet made the state of Texas proud by showing it's football heritage to the USAI know how you feel dawgdad, I called my bothers out of State for them to watch. I got to see my son (he was a Senior starter Coach Shipley's first year and they did a great job for a rebuilding year if I do say so myself) and my daughter was on there too! (I won't say what she does so my identity won't be revealed hahaha) I am so proud of the Burnet team and fans and just proud to be a member of such a great community.
GO DAWGS! WE ARE ALL BEHIND YOU 100%

therealbulldogs
12-01-2003, 11:52 PM
I thought that the show was great! As far as Pennsylvania I have many friends from there and football is nothing there like it is here.

olddog73
12-02-2003, 08:59 AM
It was really a great show, they did a great job of capturing the football fever in Texas and how about that standing room only crowd! Heck, maybe Burnet will finally get a Taco Bell out of the deal. LH Panther mom would you stop by your stadium and tell Melba she can come home now! Actually maybe you could take her home with you for awhile wink

<small>[ December 02, 2003, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: olddog73 ]</small>

BulldogGrl64
12-02-2003, 09:17 AM
They did a great job with the story. I was afraid that they were going to put a twist to the story and make us all look like a bunch of hicks, but they didn't. I wish they would have aired more than 15-20 minutes on the story, but I can't complain because the 15-20 minutes that they did air was great! I got chills watching it. Burnet was represented in a good light and Texas football as a whole was represented in a good light as well.

southern_thunder
12-02-2003, 09:20 AM
The best part of the program was how it showed the whole town and community supporting the team and the coaches. For example the part about when Coach Shipley suspended those 8 kids in his first ever game as the head coach and they lost and the fans gave the standing ovation. That is the kind of support every team should enjoy, but unfortunately they dont.
Congrats Burnet you are an example of what it should be like!!

espn1
12-02-2003, 09:43 AM
BulldogGrl64:
They did a great job with the story. I was afraid that they were going to put a twist to the story and make us all look like a bunch of hicks, but they didn't. I wish they would have aired more than 15-20 minutes on the story, but I can't complain because the 15-20 minutes that they did air was great! I got chills watching it. Burnet was represented in a good light and Texas football as a whole was represented in a good light as well.We don't have any hicks in Burnet anyway.
http://www.max1-9.com/images/Fun%20Pics/Redneck%20Photos/Pacifier.jpg

LH Panther Mom
12-02-2003, 02:19 PM
olddog73:
It was really a great show, they did a great job of capturing the football fever in Texas and how about that standing room only crowd! Heck, maybe Burnet will finally get a Taco Bell out of the deal. LH Panther mom would you stop by your stadium and tell Melba she can come home now! Actually maybe you could take her home with you for awhile wink She came over for a couple of days, but wanted to visit 3afan2k3 for a while before the game at Texas Stadium. While there, we stopped and picked up the re-release of Ray Stevens Greatest Hits, because she said she wanted to practice up for the half-time show. Oh my gosh, I just realized.....the game is at Kyle Field - not Texas Stadium. Well, maybe Jason can give her a ride if he comes to the game. eek! :D eek!

randypoo13
12-02-2003, 02:28 PM
I'm with you Dawgdad, I saw my son on it and I am proud to be a Bulldog Fan. I dont live in Burnet but I am at all the games. GO DAWGS

DawgMaw02
12-02-2003, 03:17 PM
southern_thunder:
The best part of the program was how it showed the whole town and community supporting the team and the coaches. For example the part about when Coach Shipley suspended those 8 kids in his first ever game as the head coach and they lost and the fans gave the standing ovation. That is the kind of support every team should enjoy, but unfortunately they dont.
Congrats Burnet you are an example of what it should be like!!There were definitely some upset parents about that suspension. My son was on that team, fortunately not one of the suspended players. Most of us (well, I for one) was glad someone was finally putting it into perspective. If your going to play, you have to follow the rules. I believe one of the reasons Burnet has been so good since Coach Shipley came is because he enforces the dicipline level and the boys respect it.