PDA

View Full Version : Weimar sure did dominate

Phil C
06-09-2003, 02:10 PM
2A softball and baseball in 2003. The softball team won all their games by at least 6 runs or more in all their playoff games. That is dominance. The baseball team won all it's games in the playoffs by at least three runs except for two games - the second of the best of two of three in which they lost to Salado 10 -12 and the first of the best of three against Odem which they won 3 -2. Unlike 3A in which the eventual state champions had several close games that could have gone either way Weimar dominated their class in both sports and they are not a large but rather a medium 2A school.

RBARKER
06-10-2003, 12:39 PM
Weimar also Defeated my Barbers Hill Eagles. I think 8-7 in route to winning the 3A Sealy tournament. Congrats to Weimar an a great season

Old Cardinal
06-10-2003, 12:51 PM
Boy, am I glad that I kept my mouth shut when Weimar beat BH!...I did think it was odd that a 2A beat a good 3A in that early season tournament down there. The 2A Championship explains a lot!

VWG
06-10-2003, 07:08 PM
I saw where they had been to the state title game like 5 out of the last 8 years.
Holliday is a very dominant 2A baseball school, football too, but they got waxed by Weimar in the title game.