PDA

View Full Version : Spurs - Nets Game 5 tonight

Phil C
06-13-2003, 10:55 AM
Possible the most critical game of the series tonight in NJ. Will the Spurs play the basketball they are capable of really playing and win or will the Nets be able to win and go to SA with a 3-2 advantage. If SA wins it would be a big advantage to carry a 3 - 2 advantage back to SA. Also if the Nets win it would be an advantage to be 3 - 2 going into SA. Either way the loser won't be completely out of it but the winner would have a definite advantage. Maybe even enough to win the series. We will see.

Vrabird
06-13-2003, 12:29 PM
Don't know how the Spurs can play any worse than last game and they were still in it till the last seconds. Foul calls killed them,outside shooting was not there, and of course free throw shooting was terrible. So if they improve in any of these catagories I think the Spurs should take the game tonite. Then again anything can happen. Go SPURS!! Has Anyone noticed the disproval of these teams playing in the finals by the announcers?? Just because the BIG teams are not here, they seem to find any little thing to criticize and knock down especially the Spurs.

Showtime33
06-13-2003, 01:09 PM
To be honest with you, im not even interested in the finals this year. The Nets play some of the most boring basketball in the league and I just dont care for the Spurs. Neither one of the two teams are a dominant team imho. Sometimes its better to be lucky than good and I think the Spurs got some good luck along the way when they had to play a Laker team that wasnt 100% and then Dirk went down for the Mavs. As far as The Nets go, I could name about 6 teams in the West that are better. When the finals are over, I think that this will be the lowest TV rating that the finals have ever had.

PhiI C
06-13-2003, 09:08 PM
It is halftime and the Spurs lead 42 to 34. Will the Spurs be able to play well and win the game or will the Nets come back and take it? We will see.

PhiI C
06-13-2003, 10:30 PM
Spurs win 93 to 83 and take the 3 - 3 edge back to San Antonio. Not conclusive but a definate advantage.

big daddy russ
06-14-2003, 02:25 AM
Showtime33:
To be honest with you, im not even interested in the finals this year. The Nets play some of the most boring basketball in the league and I just dont care for the Spurs. Neither one of the two teams are a dominant team imho. Sometimes its better to be lucky than good and I think the Spurs got some good luck along the way when they had to play a Laker team that wasnt 100% and then Dirk went down for the Mavs. As far as The Nets go, I could name about 6 teams in the West that are better. When the finals are over, I think that this will be the lowest TV rating that the finals have ever had.As of opening day next year, there will be seven Western teams better than this year's Nets... Houston should become a powerhouse and I'm not just saying that because of Yao. Stevie Franchise will have a career year and I have a feeling about Eddie Griffin.

But the Spurs are more dominant than they get credit for. They are just playing down to their competition. I still say Spurs in six.