PDA

View Full Version : How do yall think castlberry will come out in their new district

Lions56
07-23-2002, 07:03 PM
People had trouble stopping their big full back last year this year he is stronger and his feet are quickerany opinions on how they will do?

eye of the tiger
07-23-2002, 07:19 PM
I think Castleberry will be much better this year than last year. Lots of starters back on both sides of the ball, and lots of seniors on the team. I think your biggest problem will be surviving the first three weeks of district. Glen Rose, Kennedale, and then Everman. Most people think they ae the top three in your district and you catch them 1-2-3. I think the key is the game with Glen Rose. Beat them and I think you will make the playoffs. Maybe the weight program started this year will give you the edge even though you will be playing in Glen Rose. Stats on QB Smith and RB Sawyer are impressive.Sawyer must be huge. Good luck to your Lions.

evebulldog01
07-23-2002, 08:50 PM
I figure at best Castleberry is looking at a fourth place finish. nothing against your players but two guys don't make a team. And for all purpose thats all Castleberry has.

Matthew328
07-23-2002, 10:33 PM
I think Castleberry will be much improved this year..lots of people back on both sides of the ball..tough start to district however...BUT if they can beat Glen Rose then a playoff berth could be there for the taking..don't think they have enough for Kennedale or Everman...

Jacket2000
07-24-2002, 12:27 AM
I like Castleberry, but I dont see them finishing any higher than 4th. Castleberry has zero talent, but tons of heart; that's why I like'em. One of the scrappiest teams Ive ever seen. But, their lack of size(excluding Sawyer)and overall speed will hurt'em. Id like to see'em get a playoff spot, but it looks to me like they'll be one spot short.
J2K