PDA

View Full Version : Jerry's pre-season & playoff picks are up!

bulldog65
07-17-2003, 09:22 PM
Looks like he see's Everman & Burnet in Div 1 final, with a differant outcome this time. Jerry's (http://www.texasfootballratings.com/)

<small>[ July 17, 2003, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: bulldog65 ]</small>

3afan2K3
07-17-2003, 09:53 PM
who does he have forney losing to in thep playoffs? It's to confusing to read!!! eek!

Ranger Mom
07-17-2003, 09:54 PM
I'm glad to see he reconsidered and put it back up. He had taken a lot of heat when it first came up this year, and yanked it offline after a couple of days.

He said it took up too much time and took time away from his family. Hopefully he has found a way to balance the two!!

Ranger Mom
07-17-2003, 10:11 PM
3afan2K3:
who does he have forney losing to in thep playoffs? It's to confusing to read!!! eek! He has Gilmer picked to beat Forney....but now I am confused!!

On some other ranking site Gilmer is picked to beat Greenwood in the Championship game (I think it is Collier-Sharp). Are they Division I or II?? Or is it up in the air at this point??

As the next to the smallest school in our district, could Greenwood even be Division I?? I get so confused when the DI vs D2 gets started up!! :rolleyes:

Owen B
07-17-2003, 10:36 PM
Ranger Mom,

Gilmer is the second largest school in its district. If Lindale makes the playoffs, Gilmer will be in D2. Otherwise, Gilmer will be in D1.

It is impossible for the second smallest school in a district to be D1. The third smallest could, though. For example, even though there are five schools larger than Commerce in our district, Commerce could be D1 if both Farmersville and Nevada Community also made the playoffs. (Extremely unlikely, since Nevada Community just moved up from 2A and has never made the playoffs in the school's history.)

true_blue_tiger
07-17-2003, 10:40 PM
i think this feller is way off, with having Daingerfield ranked 17th. Look at year's past, like in 1998, he had Daingerfield ranked 80th, and they played for the state championship.