PDA

View Full Version : whats up with ppl vandalizing burnets field!!!

20dawgz05
10-09-2003, 08:36 PM
so what is yalls opinon on the field???........if u dont know what im talking bout 3 llano guys came to bulldog field last night and spray painted some vulgar things on the stands concesion stand scorbord as well as sidewalks!!! this is the 2nd time its happend this year!!! whats the fun in it, i dont get it.....gte some class and grow up all your soin is hurtin yourself more and more cuz our dogs are fired up even more BE READY!!!!!! oh and if there is anyone from llano on here tell your fellow classmates to learn to spell the words FOOTBALL and LAUGHED ok thanx haha

Gobbla2001
10-09-2003, 08:37 PM
They're in high school, it's expected... Not saying I agree with it, but a lot of towns see it coming...

Welcome to the top, Burnet...

jason
10-09-2003, 08:42 PM
thats too bad...Burnet has nice facilities

20dawgz05
10-09-2003, 08:45 PM
well yeah i understand that i mean thats what highschools about but i do belive they took it a little to far and if the rumor is true about putting a dead bulldog on our field tomrrow thats just wrong!!! Oh and they also put a llano flag from our flag pole and cut the rope so we couldnt get it down!!!that was WRONG...but its kinda funny i agree..and hey what do u expect from a bunch of imbreed hillbillys haha J/k

20dawgz05
10-09-2003, 08:46 PM
well dont worry Jason they got most cleand only about 2 spots are gonna have to be sanded and repainted

Gobbla2001
10-09-2003, 08:48 PM
Ha... Yah Cuero and Gonzales is a big rivalry, and when they dropped back down from 4A in '98 they did us wrong... We had a dead turkey (feathers and all) hanging up near our stadium...

There were dead turkeys everywhere (most frozen, some whole)... One of the frozen turkeys had a box of stove-top shoved up its rear...

In '99 for the Yoakum game they had painted a turkey blue, chained it to a tire and dropped it off at our school... Atleast Yoakum didn't kill it wink

xlr8tor
10-09-2003, 09:10 PM
When some folks from a rival school do something like that, (damaging property), as a player or coach I would be tempted to run up the score. But, Burnet's coaches, and possibly players, are likely too classy for such retaliation. Wonder if Llano has ever had triple digits hung on them in a football game. Just my take.

<small>[ October 09, 2003, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: xlr8tor ]</small>

1team1dream
10-09-2003, 09:23 PM
ok come on now, what do the people that did this get out of it? i mean yeah it does make us a little angry but is there really a point? besides i heard that it said somethin about Llano '03......if it was some 03 seniors, get a life...you dont have a high school anymore go get a job! the only payback that the dawgs are goin to do is on the feild! i mean its not like we needed anything else to get us pumped up about playing Llano....this is for everyone in Llano:you just dont know what yall are in for untill 7:30pm tomorrow night! #1 ranked-yeah that might be a much for yall to handle!!!

BurnetBandRules
10-09-2003, 09:25 PM
ABout Llano having triple digits scored of them....wait untill tommorow then your question will be answered! GO DAWGS

Gobbla2001
10-09-2003, 09:25 PM
I heard people get a 'rush' outta of doing things that society frowns upon... That might be why they did it...

BurnetBandRules
10-09-2003, 09:41 PM
Or, could it be that their Mommy (who is really their sister) said that it would be kewl to do because they had nothing better to do than p!$$ someone off? LOL

BrainDamage
10-09-2003, 09:45 PM
When we played Everman they put crosses in front of our field house will all the coaches and players names on it... It was funny. They even misspelled a name or two.

b-townhottie06
10-09-2003, 09:49 PM
Hey! I think it is just really sad when a school as to stoop to that level! I mean yeah we are rivals but vandalizing the NEW SCOREBOARD and MESSING WITH OUR FIELD was a little UNNESSASARY! No one is going to see it. Like someone has ALREADY SAID! the only retaliation we are going to do is ON THE FIELD! And For Llano Fans and people of that town, WATCH IT AT THE GAME! ITS GONNA BE A MAJOR BUTT KICKEN! Good Luck and BRING IT ON BABY!

BurnetBandRules
10-09-2003, 09:51 PM
Calm Down Sarah! Please, Calm down! LOL

Gobbla2001
10-09-2003, 09:51 PM
BrainDamage:
When we played Everman they put crosses in front of our field house will all the coaches and players names on it... It was funny. They even misspelled a name or two.Man, that isn't even the worst part about it... The worst part is they let you guys beat 'em, and then they won state... hahaha... that'd be a bigger slap in the face to me...

3afan2K3
10-09-2003, 10:00 PM
How do yall know is was some1 from llano?

Bandera YaYa
10-09-2003, 10:05 PM
Someone let me know if a bulldog is killed by anyone! :mad:

20dawgz05
10-09-2003, 10:07 PM
b/c there was a $1000 reward and some1 turned them in

PAINTBALL
10-09-2003, 10:18 PM
They have the stadium all cleaned up nicely. No permanent damage.

Bandera YaYa
10-09-2003, 10:19 PM
20dawgz05:
b/c there was a $1000 reward and some1 turned them in!!S-O-S!!Someone call CheerMom!!!...here's some more "victims" in need of her sympathy! :D

olddawggreen
10-09-2003, 10:55 PM
I heard that who ever did it misspelled Llano.

Gobbla2001
10-09-2003, 11:24 PM
olddawggreen:
I heard that who ever did it misspelled Llano.AKA just someone trying to fire up the boys... What an expensive price to pay for trying to hype up the boys...

Or it coulda been some drunken outta-towners who thought they were in Llano and didn't know how to spell it in the first place?

This goes along with the last suggestion: Coulda been a really, and I mean REALLY bad painting company hired to do a painting job but went to the wrong place...

Who knows...

olddawggreen
10-10-2003, 08:50 AM
I would imagine that anyone stupid enough to do this probably hasn't won too many spelling bees. Possibly has lived in Llano and has never had to Spell Llano. Or........

Phil C
10-10-2003, 08:56 AM
Well I know I am old fashioned but I believe any type of vandalizing or doing something to someone else's property without permission is wrong. Also cruelty to animals for this type of thing is wrong. But sometimes you don't know all the facts. My late brother in law was a coach at a 5A school once and the coaches had someone they knew mail crosses to their players to fire them up and the other team had nothing to do with it. Plus one time years ago the freshmen had done a great job in getting a bomfire (spelling?) ready and during the night before it someone burned it down and the coaches and people used it to fire up the players and blamed the other team and town. It wasn't until years later I found out it was two of our students that had done it to blame the other team to fire up the players. And I know other teams whose own people have done things to fire up the teams. So sometimes vandalism and things like that are done in house to fire up the team. Even that is wrong in my opinion but what do I know. I am an old fogie. :)

District303aPastPlayer
10-10-2003, 09:35 AM
i can remember some students from taft spray paitning our anchor and S green... i believe that is when we burned a Never Ending S in their field before homecoming... long time rivalry

Matthew328
10-10-2003, 09:39 AM
Pranks are all apart of rivalries and make things fun...of course vandalizing the field is a bit much..I remember when I was in high school we had an elaborate plan to drive to Waxahachie and try and knock down that Indian they have standing behind the end zone....of course we wussed out and just TP'd the school...LOL

rholl
10-10-2003, 10:09 AM
Pranks are all good and fun....unless it involves painting and destruction and such. I remember a few yrs back (and I could be wrong on details and town involved) but some Kennedale kids went to Alvarado and painted up fieldhouse, concession stand and did some damage to Alvarados brand new turf field. Then I heard it wasn't even football guys that pulled off the damage so I'm sure the Kennedale football guys were also pleased someone went over and fired up Alvarado just before the game!!!!!

olddawggreen
10-10-2003, 10:49 AM
Pranks are part of rivalery sp? between two schools. We pulled a lot of them when I was at Burnet High School in the early 70's, but we never destroyed property. Burnets big rivalery was with Marble Falls back then and thank goodness they moved to 4A, things were getting way out of hand. I remember when some Burnet boys found a dead horse and hung its head from the Marble Falls Mustangs flag pole before the game. The Burnet bonfire was burned by Burnet students at leased 2 years that I know of during the time I was a student. Of course it was blamed on the school we were about to play and everyone got really fired up and built the bonfire pile back twice as big as before it was burned. I dont remember if we beat those other teams those years, but we sure had fun.

mwisnews
10-10-2003, 11:33 AM
Well, at a 4A school Wylie a student put racial stuff like f you know what in the locker rooms of the visiting team. That's just wrong and that includes destroying property. I understand tp'd a school because it can be cleaned up and doesn't destroy property. Burnet just put the smack down on Llano.

SintonFan
10-10-2003, 11:40 AM
When Sinton played Odem or Taft, the problem was trying to find a dead owl or greyhound. We should have been looking for Bulldogs since that seems to be Sinton's achilles heal. Bandera 2000, Everman '01, Burnet '02. Maybe burning dead Bulldogs under the bonfires would have excised a few demons. We just didn't know.

Bandera YaYa
10-10-2003, 01:38 PM
SintonFan:
When Sinton played Odem or Taft, the problem was trying to find a dead owl or greyhound. We should have been looking for Bulldogs since that seems to be Sinton's achilles heal. Bandera 2000, Everman '01, Burnet '02. Maybe burning dead Bulldogs under the bonfires would have excised a few demons. We just didn't know.I had better NEVER catch you burning a Bulldog ......I am perfectly capable of sending some demons your way, so that bulldog you intend to burn had better be a stuffed one!!! eek!

(lol)

HotDawg89
10-10-2003, 03:28 PM
Year before last, Burnet had a really good run on Llano like 70 to 20 I believe. (And our 2nd string was in before the half was over.) From what I understand, the score wasn't recorded properly??? Just another rumor--- So now, with this vandalism mess on top of it, I look for Burnet to run up the score a bit on Llano, just for good measure.

I didn't even want to go to this game- anyone familar with my posts knows that I like a close game, one with a challenge. . . but it is funny that now that these kids tore up our field, I want to go even more than I wanted to go to the Marlin game.

Get the wasp spray! eek! :D

Bob
10-10-2003, 04:12 PM
I bet money it was a Coach from Burnet that did it to try and fire his kids up.

Bandera YaYa
10-10-2003, 04:13 PM
GO BURNET!!! GIVE 'UM 'ELL!!!!! :D

olddawggreen
10-11-2003, 06:51 AM
Bob, I'll take that bet. Painting the sidewalk and some of the bleachers are one thing, but the new $40,000.00 scoreboard? I don't think so. Our coaches don't need to tear up something they have worked so hard to get in order to fire up our team. Lets let Jason hold the money! :D :D :D :D :D

olddawggreen
10-11-2003, 06:54 AM
:D :D :D :D 54-Zip :D :D :D :D

espn1
10-11-2003, 09:37 AM
Bob:
I bet money it was a Coach from Burnet that did it to try and fire his kids up.Congrats Bob you've tied for one of the stupidist posts of all time. What an idiot!

BHS#1
10-11-2003, 10:41 AM
Why do people start the rumor that the coaches do that stuff. If you knew coach Shipley you would know how stupid that statement is.

SADAWG
10-11-2003, 11:35 PM
Bob:
I bet money it was a Coach from Burnet that did it to try and fire his kids up.I've heard every village has an idiot - I believe we've found Bellville's.

espn1
10-12-2003, 10:07 AM
SADAWG:

Bob:
I bet money it was a Coach from Burnet that did it to try and fire his kids up.I've heard every village has an idiot - I believe we've found Bellville's.That's funny!
http://www.keithleveson.com/Man-laughing.jpg

Pandora
10-12-2003, 11:44 AM
District303aPastPlayer:
i can remember some students from taft spray paitning our anchor and S green... i believe that is when we burned a Never Ending S in their field before homecoming... long time rivalryWe use to always burn our schools initials in our rivals field just before the big game.

countrycoach
10-12-2003, 02:47 PM
it is all part of hs football. ...that is until it gets out of hand and someone gets hurt. i can remember wrapping every tree on the campus of our rival's school.