PDA

View Full Version : Burnet's offense not clickin'?

Gobbla2001
10-27-2003, 08:11 PM
I haven't noticed very many high scores, but I'm sure a lot of these guys are right, they're working on things... You stay with your game plan until you know for sure your athletes will hang in a win the game, then you start throwing in new stuff that you are trying out in practice etc... and see how it goes...

Speaking of the lack of clicktation, does anyone have some Burnet O stats?

Chris Hart
10-27-2003, 08:49 PM
IMO, There is nothing wrong with the Burnet offense. The only thing different lately than in pre-district is Burnet has been penalized more and at costly times, bad snaps, and a few turnovers. I don't see anything going on that isn't correctable. The Dawgs average around 460yds/gm. BTW, 25-3A has some very good competition. A state champ, state finalist, and an area qualifier last season. The overall playoff success may not be as good this year, but I expect all 3 playoff teams to do well. :)

thunder
10-27-2003, 08:54 PM
Burnets offense looked plenty good to me, I only got to watch the marlin game but I thought it was fine then.

BurnetBandRules
10-27-2003, 09:53 PM
You know, seeing out defense playing like they have been has been pretty good. It is GREAT to know that if someone comes into a game with us looking to stop McGee and his recievers and do a pretty good job of it and we STILL get 35+ points in a game is very reassuring. It is also great to know that if they are focued on our offense, we can focus on our defense which has done AWESOME these past few games. We had some plays that I would have rather seen saved for the play-offs but what can I say? Our guys are doing great! How can someone say it ins't clicking? I mean, do we have to get 60+ points in a game to be considered clicking? Don't think so. A team isn't ranked on how many points accumulated per game! I mean, we still won! And THUNDER: Yes, the offense played well then but how long ago was that game? No team is the same one week after another!

BULLDOGFAN
10-27-2003, 09:55 PM
This is just my humble opinion with no scientific evidence to back it up, but.....

When Bandera was in the south San Antonio district one of the biggest problems we had was not getting the starters any real caliber of competition. So come playoffs we just stumbled until we lost. I mean if you run up the score you hear it and if you don't you hear it.

When Burnet played Bandera, yeah we stayed in the game, but most of the time Burnet was going for it on fourth down. Smart move on their part. Getting the starters as much action as possible.

I honestly felt that two things led to bandera's state run last year.

Number 1, That team was incredbly smart and perceptive.

Number 2, Every game we played in 25 - 3 A was like a do or die situation. Like playoffs. So come the real playoffs, we were so high and ready that no one could touch us. The confidence level was there.

I am hoping that Burnet can be in that frame of mind come playoffs.. I am sure they wish they were playing tough games working on strategy instead of how to keep the score down.

BULLDOGFAN
10-27-2003, 09:55 PM
This is just my humble opinion with no scientific evidence to back it up, but.....

When Bandera was in the south San Antonio district one of the biggest problems we had was not getting the starters any real caliber of competition. So come playoffs we just stumbled until we lost. I mean if you run up the score you hear it and if you don't you hear it.

When Burnet played Bandera, yeah we stayed in the game, but most of the time Burnet was going for it on fourth down. Smart move on their part. Getting the starters as much action as possible.

I honestly felt that two things led to bandera's state run last year.

Number 1, That team was incredbly smart and perceptive.

Number 2, Every game we played in 25 - 3 A was like a do or die situation. Like playoffs. So come the real playoffs, we were so high and ready that no one could touch us. The confidence level was there.

I am hoping that Burnet can be in that frame of mind come playoffs.. I am sure they wish they were playing tough games working on strategy instead of how to keep the score down.

29x281
10-27-2003, 10:43 PM
Some numbers:

Bunret is averaging 45.9 pts per game.

Burnet scored 35 vs Wimberley; before that, Wimberley was giving up 22.7 pts per game.

Burnet fumbled inside the 5 against Wimberley.

Cuero averages 33.5 pts per game, roughly equal to Burnet's lowest scoring output of the season, a 33-14 win against a pretty good Gatesville team.

3afan
10-27-2003, 10:47 PM
i bet most teams in the state wished their offense was not clicking like burnet's!

JCM
10-28-2003, 09:29 AM
McGee took some tough hits against Bandera and again against Wimberley. It has become obvious that Burnet tries to rely on the deep pass too much and a pressure, blitzing defense can take that away. I just hope that the Burnet coaches will begin utilizing 10-15 yard outs and curls more and stop trying to throw the bomb under heavy pressure. McGee can take only so many sacks until he gets hurt.

pirate4state
10-28-2003, 09:37 AM
3afan:
i bet most teams in the state wished their offense was not clicking like burnet's!TRUE

HotDawg89
10-28-2003, 09:44 AM
JCM:
McGee took some tough hits against Bandera and again against Wimberley. It has become obvious that Burnet tries to rely on the deep pass too much and a pressure, blitzing defense can take that away. I just hope that the Burnet coaches will begin utilizing 10-15 yard outs and curls more and stop trying to throw the bomb under heavy pressure. McGee can take only so many sacks until he gets hurt.I think you are dead on right! Which is why when Wimberley blitzed us constantly, it became apparent that we have to run as much as we pass to be a balanced team. If we rely to heavily on the pass, we will never be able to show that we are capable of a run. Then the opposition doesn't know what to expect when you mix it up. It makes for a better game. Everyone knows what McGee can do, but everyone is expecting him to do it. Last year, they used RB Patrick Miller more than they are utilizing Levens- so no one knew what to do in any given situation- that was what took us as deep as we went into the playoffs. Burnet needs to balance- and they showed last Friday that they are capable of it--- now will they continue to stay on the beam???