PDA

View Full Version : I am impressed with Atlanta!

Old Cardinal
12-06-2003, 10:02 PM
Having had a operation on Monday made it impossible to go see Bellville/Marlin and also Burnet/Jasper at Kyle field. I was listening to the Atlanta/Gilmer game at least half of the time. That Atlanta plays ole time power football. They just line up and blow you out of position. Their backs also really block for one another. It appears that they are a most improved team this year....I was not at all surprise to see Marlin win-their only weakness is holding a lot. They might lose if they meet a group of Ref's that will not put up with that holding activity. Overall, there are some good teams in the playoffs. Port Isabell, like Atlanta just did not listen to the Polls and climbed on up the Playoff ladder to some lofty positions. I think that Burnet is truly going to be the Champ, they beat Jasper and that is a very good squad.

blue4ever
12-07-2003, 10:20 PM
Old Cardinal, Atlanta is always good every year. Their defense this year may the fastest I have ever seen. There record is not indicative of how good they are. Their pre-district schedule was all 4-A teams, all of which they barely lost. Besides that they play in 12-3A, one of, if not the toughest district in Texas. I just want to know where is Buckeye80?

Keith7
12-07-2003, 10:21 PM
I knew they would be good.. I picked them to be the division II title before the playoffs on those brackets we filled out