PDA

View Full Version : Bandera vs. La Vernia

therealbulldogs
11-09-2002, 04:43 PM
Who's going to win this one?

Donkey41
11-10-2002, 03:22 AM
La Vernia will win in a close game. I think this one will come down to can Bandera cover our pass game? If they cover like they did Llano then they can kiss a shot at state goodby. We can cover Bandera's pass game easily just like we have all year. But allowing 300+ yrds to Llano? I'm not sure. But I do think it will be close untill the 5:00 mark in the 4th. La Vernia 35 Bandera 14.

SintonFan
11-10-2002, 04:38 AM
Donkey41:
La Vernia will win in a close game. I think this one will come down to can Bandera cover our pass game? If they cover like they did Llano then they can kiss a shot at state goodby. We can cover Bandera's pass game easily just like we have all year. But allowing 300+ yrds to Llano? I'm not sure. But I do think it will be close untill the 5:00 mark in the 4th. La Vernia 35 Bandera 14.I have no doubt you can beat Bandera. The Bulldogs did give up 315 yards to Llano, but they only surrendered 2 yards per try on the ground. Yes your team did better than this against West Campus(26-49 yards on the ground). I still believe in Bandera football.
quoted by Donkey41
"But I do think it will be close untill the 5:00 mark in the 4th. La Vernia 35 Bandera 14"

How can a team suddenly win by 21?
5:00 min in the game? :D :D :D
jus havin some fun...

Donkey41
11-10-2002, 09:45 AM
SintonFan:

Donkey41:
La Vernia will win in a close game. I think this one will come down to can Bandera cover our pass game? If they cover like they did Llano then they can kiss a shot at state goodby. We can cover Bandera's pass game easily just like we have all year. But allowing 300+ yrds to Llano? I'm not sure. But I do think it will be close untill the 5:00 mark in the 4th. La Vernia 35 Bandera 14.I have no doubt you can beat Bandera. The Bulldogs did give up 315 yards to Llano, but they only surrendered 2 yards per try on the ground. Yes your team did better than this against West Campus(26-49 yards on the ground). I still believe in Bandera football.
quoted by Donkey41
"But I do think it will be close untill the 5:00 mark in the 4th. La Vernia 35 Bandera 14"

How can a team suddenly win by 21?
5:00 min in the game? :D :D :D
jus havin some fun...Yeah I ment to put in the 3rd. Sorry about that and the thing about our running yrds. against WC I believe we had like almost 200.I don't understand what you wrote 26-49 on the ground. I know this because Barnhardt had at least 80yrds. and Higginbothum had like 50 plus John West added some more. So I don't know where you got those yrds from. Just in case you wanted the truth. And I really think that we can stick it too Bandera with our pass game also. They don't have a pass defense from what I've seen in the stats and heard from others. I still say LV 35 Band. 14

Scout24
11-10-2002, 04:45 PM
Donkey first off-Both of Bandera's corners didn't play against Llano who are also Bandera's top 2 receivers. Let me ask you this, who has La vernia played that has an explosive offense like Bandera's? Heep has like 1200 total yards and Hicks has 2000 yards total plus 21 scores. Bandera is going to score points on La Vernia, they will score more than 14. Also Llano's QB is like 4th in the area in passing yours doesn't even have 1000, so go figure.

Donkey41
11-11-2002, 12:28 AM
Scout24:
Donkey first off-Both of Bandera's corners didn't play against Llano who are also Bandera's top 2 receivers. Let me ask you this, who has La vernia played that has an explosive offense like Bandera's? Heep has like 1200 total yards and Hicks has 2000 yards total plus 21 scores. Bandera is going to score points on La Vernia, they will score more than 14. Also Llano's QB is like 4th in the area in passing yours doesn't even have 1000, so go figure.Yeah their is always a reason for things. Our QB sat out against West Campus and was 30 some odd yrds. shy of 1000 passing. He has like 4 times as many yrds. as Hicks in rushing. And that is bull **** about Hicks having 2000 yrds. I'm not trying to diss Bandera I just don't think that Heep is going to be a huge factor. How many yrds. did he have aginst burnet? And did he do very well agianst anyone who has a defense a good as ours. Ok maybe they will score more than 14 but It will not be more than 21. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-11-2002, 01:21 AM
Regardless, it should be a great game. A couple of friends and I are going to try to make it down to San Antonio on Saturday to see it. If you see us with our Port Isabel letterman jackets, be sure to say hi. But don't hurt us......too badly. :D

BULLDOGFAN
11-11-2002, 07:44 AM
Whatever the stat's it should be a good game Saturday. Bandera's receiver's have got to catch the ball. Friday 10 for 25 was a shame. Brett should have went over 500 yards for the night. From what I saw only two balls were un-catchable. The rest were right in the hands. The defense looks good and save for a few injuries Bandera should be ready.

Donkey41
11-11-2002, 07:56 AM
BULLDOGFAN:
Whatever the stat's it should be a good game Saturday. Bandera's receiver's have got to catch the ball. Friday 10 for 25 was a shame. Brett should have went over 500 yards for the night. From what I saw only two balls were un-catchable. The rest were right in the hands. The defense looks good and save for a few injuries Bandera should be ready.See you guys then. La Vernia has been waiting for you guys since last year's loss in district. Now It's time to get some of that respect back that we lost. And you guys from PI... I hope to see you too so I can get a little info on your Region.