PDA

View Full Version : Kennedale/Ferris

lugnut
10-21-2001, 06:22 PM
I attended this game Friday night...and will have to admit that Kennedale is the real deal as Matthew boldly predicted at the beginning of the season. Ferris couldn't find an answer to the back duo of Kennedale. Talking to friends there, I was told the Wing-T defense has given them fits all year, and Kennedale runs it as well as anybody I've seen. I will have to say that Kennedale's defense is somewhat suspect however, and I expect a high scoring battle against Alvarado.

As for Ferris/Hillsboro, it may be a better match-up than people think. The Ferris offense showed lots of spark against Kennedale, and some of my sources say that they can defend Hillsboro's spread offense better than they were able to defend Kennedale's Wing-T. I predict both games a toss-up, which is a good thing. Predictions are really not worth the paper (or screen) that they're written on. It's gonna be fun to actually let the kids decide the outcomes on these 2 big games.

Alvaradobacker
10-21-2001, 08:15 PM
Kennedale/Alvarado is an interesting match up. Kennedale has beaten superior Alvarado teams the last 2 years, and they'll have to do it again this year to win district. Stout's gone from Kennedale, and that hurts their chances. I think he had our number because his brother was fired at Alvarado not for losing but for not getting past the second round of the playoffs. I expect Alvarado to rise to the occasion like they did against Commerce. I really don't think Kennedale is better than Commerce, and had we held onto the football we'd have beaten them by 3 touchdowns.
Alvarado 31
Kennedale 17

deliriousmaniac
10-21-2001, 09:46 PM
What happened with Alvarado losing to Heights? Did the floor just fall through or something? I know it was a couple a weeks back, but I never heard to much about it?

lugnut
10-21-2001, 09:57 PM
Having only answered based upon being the first to read your post, and using only 2nd hand info, I think Alvarado had a severe case of fumbleitis the night they played Heights. Seems I remember reading that Alvarado actually had the advantage in yardage, 1st downs, etc.....but had something like 6 or 7 turnovers. I'm sure the gentleman from Alvarado can give you more detail, but I believe I'm pretty close.

lugnut
10-21-2001, 09:59 PM
And to correct my original post...that's Wing-T OFFENSE rather than defense. Please excuse my fopaux. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

rholl
10-21-2001, 10:10 PM
Alvarado has had the fumbles all year. The last game being the exception. Don't know if the coaches made their point or if Venus just didn't provide enough problems. Against Arlington Heights, Alvardao did have some fumbles but in my opinion Height just capitalized on the opportunities like a good team should and were the better team that night. By the way Heights O line is massive!!!!

Matthew328
10-22-2001, 01:38 AM
I'd love to take credit for the whole Kennedale being good thing..but actually that was bearcat!! LOL She has been the driver of the Kennedale bandwagon all year long..but if you wanna keep showering me with accolades I'll take it!!

Alvaradobacker
10-22-2001, 07:53 AM
Alvarado came out flat and got whipped by Heights. It was the week of 9/11. Last year we beat Heights 44-14. We had just shut out Cleburne. Heights is a much improved team. Their line is huge. They've got some speed at the skill positions. They jumped on us early. We came back and took the lead, but when they ran a fumble back for a score to tie it up, it looked like we laid down. Heights was the better team that night.

lugnut
10-22-2001, 08:09 AM
My mistake...good call Bearcat! Sorry Matthew...gotta earn your own accolades!! LOL

bearcat1
10-24-2001, 05:48 PM
Thank you thank you. Let's see how they do this week vs. Alvarado. That'll tell a lot.

Originally posted by lugnut:
My mistake...good call Bearcat! Sorry Matthew...gotta earn your own accolades!! LOL