PDA

View Full Version : If u know District 24 3A then read this and if u are a hard player read it still

tigerSville_04
08-04-2002, 01:54 AM
Some people say we suck in football and that we will never win again, but really if u just look at it from our view then u would understand. Yeah Smithville is know for loosing but this year it different cuz we are starting over, and we have the additude to win. If u really look at it no man or team looses a game cuz in my book u both win cuz both teams went out and fought the battle, sweated, bleed, and gave it all they had. If u think im wrong then plz commit about it cuz then ur athletic program isnt teaching u something. We here at Smithville High know u ppl think we suck and ur wrong, right now we just dont have the spirit yet. BUT to all if u go out and give it ur best then by golly ur a winner and no matter what it says on the score board ur still a winner just remember that.........GOOD LUCK TO ALL......... MAY GOD BE WITH U ALL. And rememeber smithville's boys are going to be ready this year for anything just to let ppl now we not playin this year.

Pudlugger
08-04-2002, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by tigerSville_04:
Some people say we suck in football and that we will never win again, but really if u just look at it from our view then u would understand. Yeah Smithville is know for loosing but this year it different cuz we are starting over, and we have the additude to win. If u really look at it no man or team looses a game cuz in my book u both win cuz both teams went out and fought the battle, sweated, bleed, and gave it all they had. If u think im wrong then plz commit about it cuz then ur athletic program isnt teaching u something. We here at Smithville High know u ppl think we suck and ur wrong, right now we just dont have the spirit yet. BUT to all if u go out and give it ur best then by golly ur a winner and no matter what it says on the score board ur still a winner just remember that.........GOOD LUCK TO ALL......... MAY GOD BE WITH U ALL. And rememeber smithville's boys are going to be ready this year for anything just to let ppl now we not playin this year.

When I played high school football in the 1960's, our school had fallen into a slump and the moral was terrible. The problem was the coach. He was a hateful racist who chased off the best talent in the school, which was a 5A size school in California of 3000 students. We went 2-7, both wins came after he resigned and the assistant coaches ran the show. We beat the district champions bad after he resignd. The next year the team went 7-2 and won district. What this tells me is that there are many reasons a young team can have to explain a poor season, but attitude and leadership can turn things around on a dime. So good luck Smithy. Hope you have a winning season (except against the Leps of course!). I admire your spirit and positive attitude. By the way, your posts are getting more coherent as well, keep it up.

sinton66
08-04-2002, 09:56 AM
Well stated, pudlugger!! Smithville may be down this year, but everybody goes through bad times on the field from time to time. I also think that if the rest of the Smithville team adopts this attitude, they have the power within themselves to overcome the nay-sayers. Keep the faith, get down to work, and show 'em what you got! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

niceguy86
08-04-2002, 01:54 PM
Ican put myself in Smithvilles posistion, everyone has a downfall. Hutto was not in the playoffs for over 30 years till 1997. So everyone has a point where they will suck, but at least you have 13 playoff season Smithville, we only have 5 and 3 of them are from the last 5 years. Now we get the respect or more respect and we have to be 3A next year, which sux. I don't know how well we will do, but I love the game and I hope for the best. Can not wait till August 31st! Game time begins!!!! =D