PDA

View Full Version : What about JV football???

jvplayer2006
10-13-2003, 08:44 PM
Y dont more people come out to enjoy a good JV every now and then.. We jus as hard as varsity.

jvplayer2006
10-13-2003, 08:59 PM
thats supposed to say we play jus as hard as varsity**

Ranger05
10-13-2003, 09:08 PM
the reason why is because jv doesnt really matter and that the intensity and the speed of the game is way different on varsity than it is on jv i use to wonder the same thing but once u make it on varsity u will know why.

BHS#1
10-13-2003, 09:16 PM
Some of us would love to watch a J.V. game but we have to go the Freshman game.

rootin_for_my_BOYS
10-13-2003, 09:18 PM
jv really aint that important because it doesnt count until your on varsity but we still need to support our jv teams because they will be the varsity oneday!

Pudlugger
10-13-2003, 09:41 PM
I watched JV for the 2 years my son played and it was great. Those kids really played hard and enjoyed the experience. I disagree that it is all about speed and intensity. The level of play is better on varsity but a good jv game often displays great skill. For instance when La Grange played Bellville in 2001 they got up by 3 points 32-29 with a minute to go. They kicked off deep and Cody Wilson, now starting fullback on varsity, ran it all the way back for the winning td. It was the most exciting play I can remember [outside of Tye Gunn's famous 96 yard march to victory in the State Championship game in Texas Stadium against Forney!] :D

olddog73
10-14-2003, 03:02 PM
I think JV should defantly get much more credit than they do. One thing that they don't get much credit for is the fact that many times they work out with the varsity to help them prepare for their games. Its a tough, and too many times, thankless job. You guys have my respect!!! :) :) :)

fullhouse
10-14-2003, 03:09 PM
Well said olddog! Ditto. I guess since there is no opportunity for post district play, there isn't as much discussion about it, but it's a fact ~ those are the Varsity players of tomorrow so it's very important indeed.

Commerce Fan
10-14-2003, 03:35 PM
I agree with olddog it is a place where boys develop into men and champions!!!

LogieJoeBean001
10-14-2003, 04:02 PM
I finally have a son playing football, 7th grade level. He will be on the high school team one day, and hopefully varsity, that is his dream. I can feel what the JV players must be going through. I sit there, week after week, watching my little man play his heart out to practically not another soul but me and a handful of other hard-core parents in the stands. There I was last week in the pouring down rain, could hardly see the boys on the field AND in the midst of tornadoes touching down several blocks away. (Yes, shortly thereafter, the game was called) Our Junior High has 30, yes 30 cheerleaders, but do you think they are there to cheer for the 7th graders? They don't even attend ANY of the 7th grade out-of-town games. I know these games don't mean anything either, but these are the future varsity players too! So many, though, drop out before they get to the point of playing on varsity. Perhaps if these young men had more support at the younger levels, it would help encourage them to stick with it. When I was in junior high we had a band, which traveled to out-of-town games, a big pep squad AND cheerleaders. It just added so much to the game. I'd be at the JV games if it weren't for the fact that they are played on the same days as my son is playing. GO OUT EVERYONE AND SUPPORT YOUR JV AND FRESHMAN TEAMS! (And don't forget the little guys too!) :D :D :D

footballguy 22
10-14-2003, 04:58 PM
IN JV GAMES THE PLAYERS JUST PLAY. IN VARSITY GAMES YOU HAVE TO LEARN SCHEMES AND WEAKNESS OF THE OTHER OPPONENTS.

tomthall
10-14-2003, 05:54 PM
7th grade b-team is where it's at.

PAINTBALL
10-14-2003, 06:01 PM
Stick it out J.V. you are the future varsity. Remember, not counting special teams, there are 22 positions waiting to be filled on varsity every year. With hard work and dedication one of those positions can and will be yours.

Last year Burnet brought up a number of J.V. kids to varsity after the regular season and got everyone of them some quality playing time in the easy playoff games. What a thrill to these guys to play in front of that many people, and it helped them this year on varsity. No adjustment needed for them.

<small>[ October 14, 2003, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

Wildcat81
10-14-2003, 06:20 PM
PAINTBALL:
Stick it out J.V. you are the future varsity. Remember, not counting special teams, there are 22 positions waiting to be filled on varsity every year. With hard work and dedication one of those positions can and will be yours.

Last year Burnet brought up a number of J.V. kids to varsity after the regular season and got everyone of them some quality playing time in the easy playoff games. What a thrill to these guys to play in front of that many people, and it helped them this year on varsity. No adjustment needed for them.Well said PaintBall,I have a son that playsJ.V for
K-ville he's in 9th grade and he's 6'0" 236.

Pudlugger
10-14-2003, 06:45 PM
JV=Love of the Game