PDA

View Full Version : Bellville-Burnet

Jett24
11-12-2001, 10:01 PM
I think this will be a great game between the 10-0 Brahmas and the underrated Burnet team. So what are some other thoughts on the game?

jykoy
11-13-2001, 11:23 AM
Jett, I agree with you. Burnet got beat by Bellville last year in the first round so they should seek some vengence. However, Bellville is rolling and could easily defeat the Bulldogs with no problem. I think the key to this game will boil down to the defense. Bellville is extremely stout on D. But Burnet's high powered, and extrememly quick offensive attack should be enough to turn this game in to one of the best First Rounders...

jykoy
11-13-2001, 12:56 PM
I just heard a rumor that Jim Dowell, a starting lineman, (guard) is hurt and will not play against Burnet. This could seriously hinder the outcome of the game. Bros543 told me this info, so if it is incorrect, get on him! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

Jett24
11-13-2001, 11:27 PM
Jykoy, I agree with you this will be one of the better first rounders. This could easily be two 10-0 teams going at it. Their only two losses came from Taylor and Wimberly. Both were questionable games.

toby070
11-14-2001, 12:39 AM
I saw the Burnet-Wimberley game, and Burnet is definately very good, though I'm not sure I'd call Wimberley's win questionable. Wimberley shut down Miller, and I don't think many teams can do that. They also at least contained Shipley, who is a big time playmaker.

This should be a great game.

jykoy
11-14-2001, 01:06 PM

therealbulldogs
11-14-2001, 11:24 PM
After talking to one of the Bandera coaches (who really knows his stuff) he thinks that Burnet will come out on top. It will be a really good game whoever comes out on top. Best of luck to both teams. See one of you in the next round!

BrahmaFan
11-15-2001, 07:43 AM
It should be a good game...but I'm not sure Burnet has seen a defense like they will see friday night....4 potential D1 players and 2 or 3 more that will play college football, they will knock your...D-I-D.... and the offense is capable lighting up the scoreboard or just grinding it out on long drives..Bellville has dominated some pretty good teams this year Sealy-LaGrange. But talk is cheap thats WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME
See Ya friday in Del Valle

bros543
11-16-2001, 01:34 PM
Just for the record, i didnt tell jykoy that jim dowell was hurt.

kegger
11-16-2001, 07:05 PM
the only injury for bellville is koehn and the kicker #7 is uneligible. dowell is fine and will play on saturday. This will be a great game and i think bandera might have said that because bellville will end up playing them next round. good luck brahmas