PDA

View Full Version : The Everman Players

Matthew328
10-17-2003, 07:08 AM
Last night as I stood with about 400 or so other people in front of EHS....I saw something that made me realize everything would be OK...of all the people there the strongest were the players themselves...they were the pillars of strength that their fellow students and even adults looked too...and they handled it like men...the community pulled together in a big way...the strength of our players is not only a testament to the way they were brought up by their families but also a testament to the coaches at Everman who have helped mold these young people into storng young men....as a graduate and fan I couldn't have been prouder of our players if we had won 10 state titles...

gochargers!!
10-17-2003, 07:41 AM
I heard about this on the way home last night. Our thoughts & prayers go out to the family & the community...

Ladykat5
10-17-2003, 09:02 AM
My hat goes off to the Everman community and school. No matter what strikes the team and community you all still stay strong. Those are true state champs. I am so proud of all of Evermans accomplishments and I am sorry for your loss. Good luck this year and bring division 1 all the way. God bless you all.

Bandera YaYa
10-17-2003, 10:51 AM
Matthew328:
Last night as I stood with about 400 or so other people in front of EHS....I saw something that made me realize everything would be OK...of all the people there the strongest were the players themselves...they were the pillars of strength that their fellow students and even adults looked too...and they handled it like men...the community pulled together in a big way...the strength of our players is not only a testament to the way they were brought up by their families but also a testament to the coaches at Everman who have helped mold these young people into storng young men....as a graduate and fan I couldn't have been prouder of our players if we had won 10 state titles......I'm glad to hear that everyone is holding up...I'm sure you were very proud of them...God Bless each and every one of them.
I know it's "Football Friday" around here, but ya'll are still close to our hearts today....

<small>[ October 17, 2003, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Bandera YaYa ]</small>

LHSEagleFan
10-17-2003, 04:21 PM
OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH EVERYONE THERE AT EVERMAN.

WE HERE AT LULING HAVE LOST 4 STUDENTS IN THE LAST 3 YEARS.

ON AUSUST17,2201 STEPHEN TAYLOR CAME HOME AFTER A LIGHT PRACTICE, HE TALKED TO HIS MOTHER AND A FEW MOMENTS LATER SHE WENT INTO HIS ROOM AND FOUND HIM ON THE FLOOR. HE DIED FROM A CARDIAC ARRYTHMIA DUE TO HYPERTROPHIC CARDIOMYOPATHY.

THEN ON DEC.13 OF THAT YEAR TOM BROWN WEBB ,16 , LOST HIS LIFE IN A FREAK ONE VEHICLE ACCIDENT.

ON MARCH 25 2002 AN 11 YEAR OLD WAS HIT ON HIS BICYCLE BY A PICKUP.

THEN THIS LAST SATURDAY LEONEL MORALES LOST HIS LIFE WHEN A CAR HIT HIM AND 3 OTHER CROSS COUNTRY RUNNERS AS THEY WERE PRAYING ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD.

WE KNOW YOUR GRIEF AT THIS TIME AND PRAY THAT YOUR YOUNG PEOPLE WILL GET THROUGH THIS TIME OF SORROW.

bulldogwrx
10-21-2003, 09:46 PM
hey im from wylie and the whole team is sorry about your player...its a sad deal...were praying for yall...

BH

the-O-fence
10-21-2003, 09:58 PM
I think that the players that have gone through the evreything recently will become a stronger and more united team, as a result I see them being a team that will be harder to beat than they have ever been before. To all the Everman players; Stay strong and don't give up, everything that has happened recently is because that's how the good lord wanted it to be, I would like to wish all of you good luck and my prayers go out to you.

Old Dog
10-21-2003, 11:18 PM
The Everman community and school have been thru the tempering fires over the last year. They have handled both tragedy and glory will dignity and honor. In a world that is so cold and callous today, it is wonderful to see how people are supposed to act toward one another.

BrahmaMom
10-22-2003, 08:05 AM
Amen to that one! Not only will these tragedies make these guys a better team, but also better men and and the people in the community better human beings. Everman, the whole community, stays in my prayers at this tragic time. The young men you described are truly champions among men.