PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrr......7th grade A game @ Burnet

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2003, 02:15 PM
Looks like # 56 will be sitting this one out - he felt the overwhelming need to do something at school today, so he will be unable to play.

BIG19
11-06-2003, 02:17 PM
7th graders are supposed to do goofy things like this. Hate to hear it though? You going to the game? If so, you are more than welcome to use the same parking area as tomorrow night.

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2003, 11:19 PM
Yes, I did go & he went with us as part of his punishment. He loves to play football but HATES to sit in the stands and watch football. Sometimes embarrassment is as good of punishment as anything (of course not all he's receiving) when this age. The game was great - we stayed for the 1st half of the freshman game. We kind of started in a real funk, but were starting to gel in the 2nd qtr. Of course, ya'll were probably holding back. :D What was the final score? Drove by our field on the way home, saw score was 20-7, b-dogs @ half. Have a final on that?

olddawggreen
11-06-2003, 11:36 PM
Hey LH Panther Mom, sorry to hear your son didn't play I was looking for him, your guys played an awsome game. #44 was an oak. We made it over to LH in time to see my sons game there, it was a great game. I liked the score a lot better than our 7th grade score. Over all it was a great night for football.

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2003, 11:38 PM
What was the final of the JV?

olddawggreen
11-07-2003, 10:04 AM
The JV score was Burnet 34 LH 20. It was a good game. My son was playing with broncides and a pretty high fever but he wasn't going to miss it. It turned out he had a pretty good night anyway. We will be following him on the varsity during the playoffs.

I just wanted to tell you that I asked my 7th grader what he thought about who had the best team, LH or Wimberley. He said that both teams were very tough and good, but it was his opinion that LH would be the winner if they played like they did last night. Its a shame you guys didnt get to play each other. It would have been a great game. Both of you had really strong teams this year.

<small>[ November 07, 2003, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>