PDA

View Full Version : Final Gainesville 35 Burnet 24

Buccaneer
12-14-2003, 12:13 AM
Congratulations Gainesville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SintonFan
12-14-2003, 12:15 AM
Congratulations Gainsville!
Sorry about the loss Burnet. You guys had a great year.

SINTON81
12-14-2003, 12:16 AM
Buccaneer:
Congratulations Gainesville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'll second that! Well I guess I'll third that. :D :D

<small>[ December 14, 2003, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: SINTON81 ]</small>

JaSpErBuLLdOgDrUmMeRGaL06
12-14-2003, 12:51 AM
I never heard anything about what kind of team Gainesville had this year but obviously it was an awesome one! Congratulations on your Div.I 3a State Championship Title!

Bellville22
12-14-2003, 01:31 AM
Clearly the two top teams in 3A on the field tonight. Very exciting and enjoyable game. I was very impressed with Purvey for Gainesville, as well as their QB, Brown I believe, that kid made some great runs, and a few clutch throws.

Looked as though Burnet would score down 28-24, but a huge fumble put the end to their drive, and ultimately capped a great season. Nothing for Burnet to be ashamed about, they played extremely hard, and won and lost with class.

Congrats to Gainesville, undefeated 3A Div. I State Champs.

Old Dog
12-14-2003, 04:32 AM
Losing with class still hurts like hell, but our boys lost to a very good group of young men from Gainesville! The Leps certainly deserve to wear "THE RING".

<small>[ December 14, 2003, 03:34 AM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

Chris Hart
12-14-2003, 02:18 PM
Old Dog:
Losing with class still hurts like hell, but our boys lost to a very good group of young men from Gainesville! The Leps certainly deserve to wear "THE RING".Ditto Old Dog, The Leopards have a great team and are well deserving of the title. The loss hurts, but I'm getting better at handling these championship game losses. Congrats again Gainesville, yall were great!

Leopards,class of 75
12-14-2003, 05:18 PM
Purvey was a key factor to helping Gainesville win state in basketball 2 years ago. He was not a starter but had lot's of playing time in his Freshman year. These are the only 2 state titles in Gainesville's school history. Burnet was a tough match for us and like I said before, this is the way all state games should be played!!! Good luck next year to both Burnet and to Gainesville!