PDA

View Full Version : SOUTH TEXAS RUN FOR STATE

Doss
11-04-2003, 10:45 AM
you guys up in north, east, and just a little north of south texas like the teams from SA might have speed and size but you dont have the heart that the south texas teams have. look out for one of the south teams to make a run at the state title.

DOSS #45 CLASS OF 03
ORANGE GROVE BULLDOGS #1
31-3A

<small>[ November 04, 2003, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: Doss ]</small>

sphinx1906
11-04-2003, 10:49 AM
OK

District303aPastPlayer
11-04-2003, 10:50 AM
Heart can only take you so far... I agree that a SoTex team will make a good run, but I believe that the best chance that a SoTex(gulf coast/valley) team in 3A will have to win it agai will be in a year or two... I have to believe that the Sinton team those years will be better than good.
2 Posts to go for me...

pirate4state
11-04-2003, 10:52 AM
Doss:
you guys up in north, east, and just a little north of south texas like the teams from SA might have speed and size but you dont have the heart that the south texas teams have. look out for one of the south teams to make a run at the state title.

DOSS #45 CLASS OF 03
ORANGE GROVE BULLDOGS #1
31-3AWelcome to the board Doss. Just a little friendly advice--this board is not as tolerant as the Caller forums. So, just tread carefully. wink

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-04-2003, 11:17 AM
Wow! FINALLY someone from District 31 on here! Welcome.

Are the visitor's side stands at OG still tiny? I remember playing there in a bi-district game @ Orange Grove and some of our fans has to either stand, or sit on the home side. Has OG upgraded their stadium any since then, or still the same?

3afan
11-04-2003, 11:28 AM
Doss:
..... dont have the heart that the south texas teams have. :rolleyes:

Phil C
11-04-2003, 11:46 AM
Unfortunately Tarpon they have not upgraded their stadium or at least not last year when we played them in a non-district game. They were nice and gave us a section on the home side for some of our fans and they had to have the two bands in seats in front of the stands. The visitors stadium even then was too small and crowded. It is not one of 3A's better stadiums and hope it doesn't rain because there is letter paved parking and the risk of getting stuck in the mud would be great. But they might go to 2A next year so the stadium might be adequate for that.

Doss
11-04-2003, 10:18 PM
HAHAHA you guys are funny!!! Yeah right! Anyways sorry bout the seating not being that great!!!!!!! Oh and we are to big to go 2A.

Chief Woodman
11-04-2003, 10:40 PM
I am reasonably certain that a team from there will reach the state-semi finals in both Div I and II. After that I am not so sure.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-04-2003, 11:01 PM
Doss:
HAHAHA you guys are funny!!! Yeah right! Anyways sorry bout the seating not being that great!!!!!!! Oh and we are to big to go 2A.Maybe......didn't Orange Grove report about 450 or so at last realignment?

From what I remember of that town last time I was there it was pretty tiny. Are most of the students that go to OG from outlying areas?

Doss
11-04-2003, 11:44 PM
yeah most of us including me are from outside of Orange Grove. there are two towns Sandia and Alfred which no one knows about so it really dont matter!!!!

keep_it_real
11-04-2003, 11:47 PM
No disrespect Im originally from Odem (South Texas) but theres no competition in the south this year, Sinton is no where, where they were before, Its Burnett, Bellville or Marlin thats in my mind.

SintonFan
11-05-2003, 04:00 AM
Doss:

DOSS #45 CLASS OF 03
ORANGE GROVE BULLDOGS #1
31-3ADoss, I hope your prognostication comes true but *sigh* it's probably not gonna happen this year. If you know of something that has changed greatly in SOTX(CC area) please let me know. Getting out of region four this year would be a great boon to the area but *sigh* unlikely. I wish your team the best!

Doss
11-05-2003, 10:25 PM
i never said my team would do it which if they did that would be really nice but im talking about all the teams in south texas 1A to 5A. one out of all those is bound to do something good.

District303aPastPlayer
11-06-2003, 12:25 AM
Calallen most likely..