PDA

View Full Version : Why Does Everyone Hate On Kennedale???

Papa Smurf 05
10-07-2003, 11:08 AM
I just wanna know why everyone is so reluctant to give Kennedale respect. Since 2001, the Wildcats so far have had an accumulative record of 27-4, and we have beaten Everman 2 years in a row, even though both years the Bulldogs were the favorite. We have suffered heavy losses of great players every year, but we seem to have new ones step it up and fill the holes. I mean we have a small O Line (We're called the Smurf Squad thanks to KennedaleWildcat), a very young defense, small linebackers, and we don't have a team full of starting seniors, yet we still work hard and refuse to lose. I realize we are not in the toughest district by any means, but that is something we cannot control. I just want to know exactly what is it about the Kennedale Wildcats that no one seems to respect?????? eek!

Gobbla2001
10-07-2003, 11:09 AM
Number 1... Most of the K-Dale people (not all) that have come on here have been rude...

#2, Who says you don't get respect... There are 206 3A teams out there, it's kind hard to say how much respect all of 'em....

Matthew328
10-07-2003, 11:19 AM
Kennedale gets plenty of repsect...but their performance in the past 2 playoffs I think has prevented them from getting the kinda respect the Everman's, Burnet's, Forney's of the world get....Kennedale has the ability to make a LOT of noise this year...but the question is can they make it happen come playoff time....

2001: they advanced to the quarterfinals but had a big time meltdown in letting Bridgeport come back..

2002: they were heavily favored and had a meltdown against Ballinger..losing a game they dominated...

CatWoman
10-07-2003, 11:27 AM
Don't mean to be rude, but Kennedale did not dominate Ballinger in the playoffs last year. They were probably supposed to win, but Ballinger led the entire game until the 4th quarter and then Kennedale tied it up and we won in overtime.

this is the way we ball
10-07-2003, 11:30 AM
Papa Smurf 05 you are an idiot.

Kennedale not getting respect has nothing to do with Everman. You won the game the last two years. SO WHAT! IT'S OVER GET READY TO PLAY THE NEXT WEEK AND THE NEXT WEEK! This kind of attitude is exactly what got Kennedale beat last year. If you want respect, continue to earn it!

Since this is your first reply we can cut you some slack for your stupidity, but from here on out don't come on here and post stupid remarks.. :mad:

Kennedale Wildcats
10-07-2003, 11:34 AM
CatWoman:
Don't mean to be rude, but Kennedale did not dominate Ballinger in the playoffs last year. They were probably supposed to win, but Ballinger led the entire game until the 4th quarter and then Kennedale tied it up and we won in overtime.Kennedale turned the ball over 5 times and led in every statistical category possible. Yes Ballinger won, but Kennedale did dominate.

Gobbla2001
10-07-2003, 11:37 AM
Kennedale Wildcats:

CatWoman:
Don't mean to be rude, but Kennedale did not dominate Ballinger in the playoffs last year. They were probably supposed to win, but Ballinger led the entire game until the 4th quarter and then Kennedale tied it up and we won in overtime.Kennedale turned the ball over 5 times and led in every statistical category possible. Yes Ballinger won, but Kennedale did dominate.Fumbling's a part of the game and team-effort IMHO...

Ballinger won because they DIDN'T FUMBLE THE BALL FIVE TIMES...

CatWoman
10-07-2003, 11:41 AM
Don't want to stir the pot, but I think the stats were pretty even with Ballinger dominating the 1st half and Kennedale the 2nd. Whichever we certainly respect Kennedale.

Kennedale Wildcats
10-07-2003, 11:47 AM
CatWoman:
Don't want to stir the pot, but I think the stats were pretty even with Ballinger dominating the 1st half and Kennedale the 2nd. Whichever we certainly respect Kennedale.I got to the game late and missed Ballinger's first touchdown. It was something like a 75 yard run the only other TD came off a trick play from the fifty. Kennedale was driving the ball all over the field and every time we got down inside the 20 we fumbled. Even in overtime. I know that fumbling is a part of the game, thanks for the tip Gobbla but I was only trying to make the point that our defense shut their tailback down except for that one play and we ran all over them. What do stats mean..Nothing if you don't win. Congratulations again to Ballinger and I hope that we get the chance to play ya'll again this year.

CatWoman
10-07-2003, 11:59 AM
The way things have been looking, it's not likely we'll meet up again, and if we do, it should even be easier for you than last year.

Bandera YaYa
10-07-2003, 12:49 PM
CatWoman:
Don't mean to be rude, but Kennedale did not dominate Ballinger in the playoffs last year. They were probably supposed to win, but Ballinger led the entire game until the 4th quarter and then Kennedale tied it up and we won in overtime.You tell 'em Cat! :D

Eradicator
10-07-2003, 01:31 PM
Papa Smurf 05:
I just wanna know why everyone is so reluctant to give Kennedale respect. eek! I have to agree with the rest of the board. You can't get the respect that Everman, Burnet, and Forney have by just winning district. Kennedale beat Everman last year then got knock out in the 2nd Round while Everman went on to win their SECOND State Championship. Believe me; Kennedale would not have won the second time IF they were to meet up with Everman in the playoffs. Those teams that have the respect of others have it because they EARNED it, not asked for it.

<small>[ October 07, 2003, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Eradicator ]</small>

trojandad
10-07-2003, 01:38 PM
Ok, everybody fess up....you busted us Papasmurf, we all hate, who was that again...oh yea, Kennedale (who are they?)

Matthew called the group meeting together for the W.H.K. (We Hate Kennedale) meeting. Bandara Yaya made hors doervers and got coffee for everyone, Pud gave the physicals, the Liberty players taught us all how to bad mouth you guys and Old Card taught us all how to be denial about what we accused you of. You busted us, buddy. I'm sorry for my part in that.

In your team's honor, I've adopted a cat, a female cat (in respect to the Kennedale Yaya's offended) and I'm allowing the cat to eat before we do each night. I'd pay more pinnance but I have to go to the outhouse right now, I hope you understand. Thanks, and GO KENYDELL.....GO KENYDAYLE.....GO YOUR TEAM !!!!

booger1
10-07-2003, 03:01 PM
Man turn on the heater TD 'cuz that was cold! Kennedale, you have been dissed, GOOD BYE!

St. Ivender
10-07-2003, 04:07 PM
trojandad:
Ok, everybody fess up....you busted us Papasmurf, we all hate, who was that again...oh yea, Kennedale (who are they?)

Matthew called the group meeting together for the W.H.K. (We Hate Kennedale) meeting. Bandara Yaya made hors doervers and got coffee for everyone, Pud gave the physicals, the Liberty players taught us all how to bad mouth you guys and Old Card taught us all how to be denial about what we accused you of. You busted us, buddy. I'm sorry for my part in that.

In your team's honor, I've adopted a cat, a female cat (in respect to the Kennedale Yaya's offended) and I'm allowing the cat to eat before we do each night. I'd pay more pinnance but I have to go to the outhouse right now, I hope you understand. Thanks, and GO KENYDELL.....GO KENYDAYLE.....GO YOUR TEAM !!!!Why wasn't I invited? I hate Kennydell more than anyone

<small>[ October 07, 2003, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: St. Ivender ]</small>

bleedgreen
10-07-2003, 04:29 PM
Papa Smurf check your PM

BiG GrEen
10-07-2003, 09:05 PM
papa..smurf.. :rolleyes: ...

<small>[ October 08, 2003, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: BiG GrEen ]</small>

KTownBalla
10-07-2003, 10:27 PM
W/e....we'll just take it out on the field...everyone knows we don't get as much respect as the big name schools...Everman...Burnett...they've been to state title games...and have proven ourselves.

WE have a bad ace football team...

I hate to say this but...there's no way we are gonna earn that "respect" amongst the 3A community until we prove ourselves in the playoffs. THis year we will not make the same mistake twice by underestimating a team. Beating 1 team doesn't make you a champion...beating all the teams does...

Watch out for us this year...

<small>[ October 10, 2003, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: KTownBalla ]</small>

Rabbit'93
10-07-2003, 11:11 PM
Balla you've made the most sense out of anyone. Prove it on the fieldand the "respect" will come. Besides, when I was in school I loverd Kennedale. Especially in '92 when we were up on ya'll 45-0 at halftime. wink Sorry had to get that one in. Good luck the rest of the season.

trojandad
10-08-2003, 09:53 AM
We invited you, St Ivender, but Bandara YaYa didn't get all of the invitations sent out on time, can't get good "hep" these days. (I woulda thought she'd KILL me for the coffee fetchin remark more than any of them, ROFL).

rholl
10-08-2003, 03:09 PM
this HAS to be Papa Smurf
[URL=http://forums.prospero.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=kr-strtelsports&msg=7730.1&ctx=2048]http://forums.prospero.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=kr-strtelsports&msg=7730.1&ctx=2048[/ URL]

then click next discussion for someones reply to him!!

<small>[ October 08, 2003, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: rholl ]</small>

Gobbla2001
10-08-2003, 03:13 PM
http://forums.prospero.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=kr-strtelsports&msg=7730.1&ctx=2048]http://forums.prospero.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=kr-strtelsports&msg=7730.1&ctx=2048

There, corrected the link for you...

rholl
10-08-2003, 03:19 PM
well I don't know what happened Gobbla...it WAS an active link, I even clicked to make sure....but what you linked up is something about the Cowboys!!!

Gobbla2001
10-08-2003, 03:32 PM
Same link you posted, just removed the [ URL ] tags you placed on there...

BrainDamage
10-08-2003, 07:26 PM
Look guys we're not gonna get the respect we expect from anybody until we win state. Period! We have to slap em in the face and prove we can whoop them up and down the field until the thought dawns on them. "Wow kennedale is pretty good." Until then we just have to keep on winning and getting ready for the playoffs.

Problem Solver
10-09-2003, 07:26 AM
Papa Smurf 05:
I just wanna know why everyone is so reluctant to give Kennedale respect. Since 2001, the Wildcats so far have had an accumulative record of 27-4, and we have beaten Everman 2 years in a row, even though both years the Bulldogs were the favorite. We have suffered heavy losses of great players every year, but we seem to have new ones step it up and fill the holes. I mean we have a small O Line (We're called the Smurf Squad thanks to KennedaleWildcat), a very young defense, small linebackers, and we don't have a team full of starting seniors, yet we still work hard and refuse to lose. I realize we are not in the toughest district by any means, but that is something we cannot control. I just want to know exactly what is it about the Kennedale Wildcats that no one seems to respect?????? eek!

Matthew328
10-09-2003, 07:39 AM
Kennedale doesn't have to win state to get respect...Burnet hasn't won a title but they have plenty of repect..as do a lot of teams...I think the reason why Kennedale gets ragged on isn't because they lost in the playoffs...but the way they lost in 2001 and 2002...Kennedale will be fine...I look for em to make a run this year..unfortunatley Region I Div 2 looks to be fairly strong...

Problem Solver
10-09-2003, 09:02 AM
O.K. I cant hold back anymore now I am the new guy on the board, first of all Matt what are you saying the way Kennedale lost in 01, any team that was in the fourth round of the playoffs deserves a pat on the back, you make it seem like that was a dissapointment. In 02 we surprised many people by not doing so well in the playoffs but we still had a good year 10-2 isnt exatly dissapointing, 22-4 isnt exactly dissapointing, and so far 27-4 isnt exactly dissapointing. Until last year Burnet was not a power house that's one year why are they considered with the forneys, sealy's, and Everman's. Yeah they made it to the championship but they didnt win it, I dont see this board talking about sinton anymore how come they are not a power house they made it to state in 01. I guess if you make it to state you are a 3A power even if you dont get back. So Burnet yall better win or you wont get any respect next year. But teams that make it to the playoffs and do o.k. are still o.k.. As for smurf please dont post anything like this again we do get respect or we wouldnt be ranked 10 in the state, and we wouldnt be talked about on this board evidentally we are on some peoples minds.

SHOUTS OUT TO THIS IS THE WAY WE BALL, ERADICATOR, AND ARCHAIC LADA!

Matthew328
10-09-2003, 09:16 AM
I would say 2001 was disappointing....the season wasn't disappointing..but the way Kennedale lost the game woulda left a sour taste in my mouth if I was a Kennedale fan....Kennedale had a big lead on Bridgeport and let Daugherty bring the Bulls back...I'd say that was disappointing considering they were so close and let it slip away...if you guys woulda got blown out by Bridgeport maybe it wouldn't have been so disappointing..who knows...and I'm sorry but last year was disappointing..Kennedale had the horses to win it all..and they didn't..lets face it they underachieved..anytime you underachieve it is disappointing..don't candycoat Kennedale's record by saying..."we were 10-2 that isn't a disappointment" yes it is when you have the horses to go 15-1 or 14-2...

CatsDen
10-09-2003, 09:37 AM
The Wildcats will earn respect based on their performance on the field and through the playoffs. The defense has really come around in the last 3 games with two shutouts and the Everman win. In the past 3 games, the defense has allowed an average of 76 yards/game rushing, 43 yards/game passing, and only 5.3 points/game. They have collected 4 interceptions and 4 fumbles. The defense scored on an interception return and a punt return last week. They have outscored their opponents (A. Maceo Smith, Everman, and Castleberry) 132-16 during that 3 game span. The offense has continued to roll behind the play of Harper, Barrett, Brooks, Bostice, and Morris.

You can't ask for respect....it must be earned. Let the results speak for themselves.

Matthew328
10-09-2003, 12:27 PM
Kennedale is a great team...they'll be 10-0 going into the postseason..I look for em to be 11-0 going into an area round rematch with Ballinger...

Problem Solver
10-09-2003, 01:13 PM
Believe me if I wanted to candy coat something I would, last year wasnt a dissapointment their are many things that happen to teams on the road to a state championship. You dont know what Kennedale may have had to deal with in that second round lost so dont call the hard work that those kids put in a dissapointment..Besides I remember a certain basketball team in 98 who was ranked in the nation and in the state who choked, my question is to you do you remember. I have a question do you plan on coaching any time soon. The reason why I ask is because you sure seem to have a bundle of knowledge about other peoples teams.

Matthew328
10-10-2003, 07:20 AM
You are very correct Problem Solver...there was a certian basketball team in Everman in 1998 that choked...and I am the first to admit that...LOL we choked big time...no question...and we were probably the biggest dissappointment ever to come through Everman...so I can dish out as well as take it! LOL And yes I do plan on coaching as soon as I get done with school....and I'm not knocking the hard work the Kennedale kids put in last year...but lets just be real..Kennedale was MUCH better than 10-2 last year...I really thought they'd win state last year...

J817ason
10-10-2003, 07:37 AM
Ohhh dang Matthew....he had to bring up the 1998 basketball team you were on! LOL Man ya'll were cold...you guys shoulda seen Matthew on the basketball court...the boy could jump outta the gym..never seen any 6'1 white boys dunk like you!! LOL

As for Kennedale I thought thry were COLD last year...I was shocked when they lost..

KTownBalla
10-10-2003, 08:45 AM
WHo cares about what happened this year, or the year before that. Last year everyone thought we were cold...we were...we knew we could win state...we didn't...SO WHAT?

This year is a different story, on paper, we might not look as good as we did last year, but we have just as much heart as the previous 2 years. THis year will be the year kennedale earns this "respect" you speak of papa smurf 05. We are gonna take it one game at a time. Let our play on the field determine how much "respect" we get...

Matthew328
10-10-2003, 09:30 AM
J817ason:
Ohhh dang Matthew....he had to bring up the 1998 basketball team you were on! LOL Man ya'll were cold...you guys shoulda seen Matthew on the basketball court...the boy could jump outta the gym..never seen any 6'1 white boys dunk like you!! LOL

As for Kennedale I thought thry were COLD last year...I was shocked when they lost..I guess I could do a lil dunking in my day...LOL