PDA

View Full Version : Snow on Saturday?

Chief Woodman
11-19-2003, 10:45 PM
Just heard that late Saturday in North Texas there is 30% chance of snow. Wonder if it will hit in WF while Decatur is playing Vernon......

Ranger05
11-19-2003, 10:49 PM
in west texas there showing 70 for the high on saturday

Chief Woodman
11-19-2003, 10:52 PM
Yeah that what my local news just showed. My bro in law called me and said he had saw that forcast on the internet. Wonder if he was jerking my chain....LOL

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-19-2003, 11:18 PM
I just checked on weather.com for the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. If it DOES snow, it'll happen on Sunday. Currently, it says there is a 40% chance of storms with a low of 29 degrees. That's certainly low enough for snow, but it doesn't mention it in the forecast.

My guess is that the front will come through Sunday during the day, dump all the rain, and then get cold. If that's the case, then the roads would end up getting pretty slick with ice.

I just double-checked different areas of Texas, and it looks like the Panhandle region will get snowed on on Sunday, but anything South or Southeast of there won't get it. I checked the forecast for Childress, and they had snow for Sunday, but then I checked Iowa Park, Wichita Falls, and the Midland/Odessa area, they didn't have it in the forecast, if that means anything.

<small>[ November 19, 2003, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: TarponFanInNorthTexas ]</small>

lepfan
11-19-2003, 11:27 PM
Hmmmmm, how about snow in Pasadena? LOL wink

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-19-2003, 11:49 PM
damn, I try to provide a service.....and look what I get....geez. Now I know how REAL weathermen feel.....

weatherag07
11-19-2003, 11:51 PM
TarponFanInNorthTexas:
damn, I try to provide a service.....and look what I get....geez. Now I know how REAL weathermen feel.....for real (j/k-not one yet!) :D

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-20-2003, 01:56 AM
weatherag07:

TarponFanInNorthTexas:
damn, I try to provide a service.....and look what I get....geez. Now I know how REAL weathermen feel.....for real (j/k-not one yet!) :D Let me guess.....Meteorology major at TAMU?

Darn, I wish I could take a few Meteorology classes. I stink at chemistry, and the word "physics" just sends chills down my spine.....

sahen
11-20-2003, 02:02 AM
wow people trusting the meterologist 3 to 4 days in advance....how often does that work out?