PDA

View Full Version : Lebron wrecks his Hummer

turbostud
01-28-2003, 05:58 PM
Espn.com is reporting that Lebron James backed his new ride into a little old lady. :D

pakrat
01-28-2003, 08:24 PM
His new ride cost $50,000.00 big ones, but don't worry folks! It's all legit. His momma borrowed the money from a bank. :rolleyes:

crzyjournalist03
01-29-2003, 09:35 AM
I'm sure his "mom" can afford to buy him a new one.

spiveyrat
01-29-2003, 12:49 PM
I went to ESPN.com and found the article Turbostud is talking about. Sounds like his mother (Gloria) isn't being a very responsible parent. Here's an excerpt from the article:

"Gloria James said she took out a bank loan in Columbus to buy the SUV -- shipped from California and outfitted with three TVs and computer game hookups -- for her son's 18th birthday..."

Three TVs???

Cell phones are enough of a distraction while driving. But TVs and video games? C'mon Gloria. What are you thinking?

3afan08
01-29-2003, 06:27 PM
they had a short thing on CNN about it

PPHSfan
01-29-2003, 07:32 PM
I have been following Lebron's career for a few months now, and I am going to go out on a limb here and say this. " I think Lebron's scene is going to be the demise of another young talent. He is not old or wise enough to understand what the leaches will do to him, and before he knows it, he will be bleeding beyond any repair that a band-aid will stop. I feel pretty safe in saying that a tragedy is on the horizon, unless someone who truly cares for this young man can step in and save him from the wolves."

And a MOM that spends 50 grand on a military vehichle that her son can use to show off and run over things is not the one to save him.

turbostud
01-29-2003, 07:50 PM
I don't think he will make it two years.

Chris Hart
01-29-2003, 09:46 PM
He needs to go to college and play for Bobby Knight(I wish) :) . Those that care about him should be encouraging him to attend college IMO.(Texas Tech to be specific :D )

BIG19
01-30-2003, 08:29 AM
College? It will never happen. He already has his mind made up and his mother's too. The reason she got the loan in the first place was do to his potential earnings. If reports are correct, she doesn't even have a full time job. So looks like you can forget about college and look straight on to the NBA. I just hope that he stays healthy enough (both mind and body)to make it that far. But everyone is right, someone needs to step up and take this kid under their wing and teach him some very fast life lessons.

<small>[ January 30, 2003, 07:30 AM: Message edited by: BIG19 ]</small>

qb12
01-30-2003, 09:23 AM
Dont worry fellows in a few months he will have it paid for. Hes a professianal athlete now and his mom will be able to buy him ten rides.

crzyjournalist03
01-30-2003, 09:49 AM
Maybe a conspiracy could straighten him out. If the NBA can somehow get the Lakers to continue their rough season, maybe they could somehow miss the playoffs. Then, they could beat all odds and win the lottery, allowing them to pick James. Shaq would teach him the game quickly, and he'd have to become a true professional while there. I think the worst thing that could happen is him go to a team like the Wizards, Grizzlies, or Nuggets where he'd be the absolute center of attention for the entire city. I think he needs to go to a decent team who could allow him to grow without him having to become the next Shaq instantly.

qb12
04-20-2003, 03:30 PM
the next shaq? maybe a little smaller but w/e you say. No one is the next shack unlkess u find a bull somewhere in the middle of a pasture that can crash the boards.

Ladykat5
04-21-2003, 06:27 PM
C'mon now ya'll play nice. We cant blame LeBron for everything. He has had to go through a lot since the purchase of the Hummer and i am sure he has been accused of a lot. i agree he should go to college though. But in any case its not his fault that his mom has made some bad decisions.

Bulldog92
04-21-2003, 11:27 PM
He's a smart kid, though, and will graduate with a 3.5 GPA. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and suggest that he will eventually earn a degree in something productive outside of basketball. A lot of other athletes do it, so why wouldn't he? :)

Jacket2000
04-22-2003, 12:47 AM
You mean kinda like that "honorary degree" that Emmitt Smith got a few years back?
J2K

Bulldog92
04-22-2003, 05:36 AM
Good point, Jacket. I'm just hoping he can use his brains and take advantage of business opportunities in a way that Magic, Tiger and Jordan have. I lived in Denver for a few years and still follow the Nuggets pretty closely. They have 15-20 million in cap space this summer and if they can get LeBron, I think free agents might look at going there to play with him. He's gonna be a real difference maker on the floor in a couple of years, but will have an impact financially on the franchise he goes to immediately. I'm rooting for him...

<small>[ April 22, 2003, 05:37 AM: Message edited by: Bulldog92 ]</small>