PDA

View Full Version : Celina vs Dangerfield

PPHSfan
11-18-2002, 08:51 AM
Well since nobody else has put it up, and since all of Pilot Point will now rally behind our friends over in Celina, I guess I will ask for predictions in this one.

Myself, I am going with Celina again this week.

Celina 27
Dangerfield 17

:D

Matthew328
11-18-2002, 11:35 AM
I have been wrong on Celina before but I think Daingerfield takes it..they are ver similar to celina...lots of tradition, well coached and don't make mistakes...should be an awesome game..but I think Daingerfields bevy of speedy backs and hard hitting D finally end the streak..

jason
11-18-2002, 01:11 PM
I wanna say Daingerfield is the better team...but how dare we bet against Celina...most of us did when they played Gainesville and we were all wrong.

PPHSfan
11-18-2002, 01:17 PM
Your are absolutley right Matthew...

..YOU HAVE BEEN WRONG ABOUT CELINA BEFORE :D :D :D :D :D

CelinaFan
11-18-2002, 01:22 PM
Celina has been the topic of more " I dont think they can pull this one off" conversations than I can count. I am sure Daingerfield has a good team. You dont get this far in the season if you are not at least a fairly good team. I have to take the stance that who cares about the streak. What Celina players are focused on is winning one game at a time. I thought Quilan-ford would be closer...many did. Once again Celina has "proven" they are a contender...for those who think Celina is not for real...bet against them...I am not going to....will the streak end?...Yep...when...time will tell. Daingerfield had better step up and play with all they have...I take Celina by 10 in this one. If Celina is knocked out....what a 1st year for the move to 3A ball. One way or another. Celina...great job.

Keith7
11-18-2002, 08:09 PM
Well I still believe Gainesville shoulda won the game with Celina, but don't get me started on that.. anyways.. Celina still has a great team with tons of heart, and definently doesnt want to end the streak.. I say they win 28-17

eye of the tiger
11-18-2002, 09:09 PM
I think I will stick with Celina. I thought they would lose two games in the first ten. They beat Gainsville and Pilot Point and I think both of those two could beat Daingerfield. Not trying to knock Daingerfield at all. Good team and good program. I just think Celina will take this one. Ill say Celina 21-17.

bleedgreen
11-18-2002, 10:20 PM
I remember going to a Kennedale/Daingerfield playoff about 11 or 12 years ago. I thought we had a good coach and a ton of talent. Daingerfield kicked our butts. I'm betting that tradition hasn't changed and Celina will finally meet their match. Good luck to both teams. That should be a game you don't want to miss.

Fletch
11-18-2002, 11:32 PM
Matt328 - Saw where you're picking Daingerfield here and on the "Pig" but don't have, and haven't had them in your top 20 Poll. If they can beat Celina, why haven't you ran

Fletch
11-18-2002, 11:36 PM
Matt328 - Saw where you're picking Daingerfield here and on the "Pig" but don't have, and haven't had them in your top 20 Poll. If they can beat Celina, why haven't you ranked them previously?

DarkWing
11-19-2002, 11:19 AM
Keith7:
Well I still believe Gainesville shoulda won the game with Celina, but don't get me started on that.. anyways.. Celina still has a great team with tons of heart, and definently doesnt want to end the streak.. I say they win 28-17I went to the Gainsville Vs Celina game and don't know why you think Gainsville should have won that game. Gainsville has tremendous talent over Celina, but they lack the character to pull it off. It was not a close game.

Matthew328
11-19-2002, 11:35 AM
Yes I do have Celina rated higher than Daingerfield in my poll..but football is a game of matchups and I don't think Celina matches up very well with Daingerfield..Celina deserves all the respect in the world for what they have done..but Daingefield presents an even greater challenge than Gainesville did...they are very similar to Gainesville talent wise..but the Tigers have tradition, they are very well coached and they don't beat themselves..hmm almost sounds like Celina...I think Daingerfield's talent wins this one..I simply think out of the intagibles where Celina almost always has the edge this week there is no edge...so I think Daingerfield will wear Celina down late..behind that good O-Line strong ground game and solid kicking game..

DarkWing
11-19-2002, 02:33 PM
Matthew328:
Yes I do have Celina rated higher than Daingerfield in my poll..but football is a game of matchups and I don't think Celina matches up very well with Daingerfield..Celina deserves all the respect in the world for what they have done..but Daingefield presents an even greater challenge than Gainesville did...they are very similar to Gainesville talent wise..but the Tigers have tradition, they are very well coached and they don't beat themselves..hmm almost sounds like Celina...I think Daingerfield's talent wins this one..I simply think out of the intagibles where Celina almost always has the edge this week there is no edge...so I think Daingerfield will wear Celina down late..behind that good O-Line strong ground game and solid kicking game..I think if Dangerfield wins the game, they will have to do it early. Every Bobcat game is won big in the second half. If Dangerfield has skills like Gainsville and a good coaching staff, then they are capable af this win. I give the game to Celina by 21 points. I'm a Bobcat fan!

Fletch
11-19-2002, 11:26 PM
Matthew328,

You make some good points, but you haven't seen enough Celina games to know that it's Celina's O-line and D-line that are it's strengths. They have dominated the 4th quarter in all of their games, and that's how they beat good Pottsboro, Pilot Point, and Gainesville teams.

Now I saw D'field Saturday and they have potentially the best line Celina has seen, with the exception of Gainesville. Bigger than G'ville, but not as quick. But, I won't be surprised if the "wearing down" is done by Celina.

Matthew328
11-19-2002, 11:30 PM
Very true...but I think most of the wearing down may be done by the Daingerfield backs more than anything else..they don't have one or two backs they use a convoy...I think that late in the game those backs will still be fresh and capable of breaking a long one late to seal the deal..of course I'll probably be wrong..I only remember picking against them twice...when they played Mart and when they played Gainesville..they won both so I am still batting .000! LOL

PPHSfan
11-20-2002, 07:09 AM
I already told you guys Celina wins this one by ten points. I do not know why there is even an argument after PPHSfan has spoken on the subject. :p :p :p

Celina 27
Dangerfield 17

U N R 8 D
11-20-2002, 07:25 PM
I hav read several posts on the match up between Celina and Daingerfield. Most of them state that Celina has not played a team of D'fields caliber with their big linemen and speed. Well, I've watched Celina over the past few years and talked with alot of the teams they've beaten. The one thing every one of them remembers is how hard the Bobcats hit. I don't know what kind of hitting drills they do, but it must pay off. I've seen some of the biggest and toughest running backs go into a game running like crazy and after the first half of getting pounded by the Celina defense they tend to let up in the second half, if not sooner. I know it will be a good game Saturday, but has Daingerfield played anyone who has a "knock your block off defense" like Celina? Maybe the Tigers are under estimating the "Caliber" of the Bobcats a little. I know i won't miss this one for the world. Nothing I like better than a battle on the football field. See Ya'll Saturday.

justanopinion
11-21-2002, 09:30 AM
I'm going to have to go with Dangerfield on this one. Celina is a very good team and I would love to see them win D2 but I just don't see it this year.

Matthew328
11-21-2002, 10:30 AM
That may be true about Celina....but last couple of times I saw Daingerfield play they sure could lay some hits on people as well...this should be an awesome game between 2 great programs..

DarkWing
11-21-2002, 12:53 PM
Celina hitting drills start early with an incredable Pee Wee football program. Celina has been blessed with players like Adam Harvey (last year senior). Adam hit like a Mack truck and left a mark that all other Bobcats strive for.

3A ball has not been a new animal yet for the Bobcats. I fully expect that any team left in the playoffs could be the streak breaker. I also think the playoff culture and experience will give the Bobcats an edge. Many of these young men were on the team that won the baseball state championship last year as well as the football title. If you saw the baseball game you will know that these boys cannot be defeated even when they are out scored.

Predicting the outcome is a crap shoot. Someone this week said it is about matchups. When has a team like Celina played a team like Dangerfield?

OldSchool
11-21-2002, 02:40 PM
DarkWing let me guess, you are a pee wee football coach.

Your probably the reason Celina has won as many games as they have.

Let me ask you another question: How can you win if you are outscored?

DarkWing
11-21-2002, 05:24 PM
OLDSCHOOL

I am not a football coach at all. I have found that spectating is a better use of my talent. I do admire the coaches at the pee wee level as I had two of my children go through this program. My youngest is a Junior defensive tackle for the Bobcats.

To reference the win when out scored,I refered to the State championship baseball playoffs. Weimar Vs Celina, the Bobcats were in the last inning, two runs down, two outs and two strikes on our batter. They would not be defeated. We won that game by one run. Someone else may win the game but the Bobcats appear to maintain a winning spirit.

CelinaFan
11-21-2002, 05:33 PM
Interesting observations from every one. I still have to take Celina in this one. They seem to know how to get it done. The second half usually belongs to Celina. If its close at half I have to take the bobcats. The team looks like they explode on their opponents in the second half. Celina has faced tallent. Lots of tallent. This might be one of the best games to watch this round of the playoffs. I take Celina by 14 in this one. Now might be a good time to buy stock in tylenol. There is going to be some serious hitting in this one.