PDA

View Full Version : 21-3A & 22-3A &........

trojandad
07-09-2003, 08:05 PM
Ok, some fun while waiting for the season to start. Rank 21 3-A first, then 22 3-A, then rank the teams together as one big southeast Texas district. I know, 50 days and counting, I'm bored.

My 21 3-A ranking is: Bridge City, Hardin Jefferson, Hamshire Fannett in a eyelash over Anahuac, Orangefield in an eyelash over Hardin, Kountze then Buna.

My 22 3-A picks are: Coldspring (It will be late enough in the year when we play the Hill for the line to gel), Barbers Hill, Liberty, Splendora, Cleveland, Huffman, Tarkington and Shepherd.

If combined: Coldspring (On the strength of the two fastest backs in the area), The Hill in an eyelash over BC with Liberty closer than you would think, Hardin Jefferson, Hamshire Fannett, Anahuac, Orangefield, Hardin, Splendora, Cleveland, Huffman, Kountze, Buna, Tarkington and Shepherd.

Ok, e'body bring me down to earth here. Promise I'm not smokin anything, lol. Oh and name your sleeper. Mine is Liberty. I don't think the Bellville game was a fluke last year, but that's me.

Old Cardinal
07-09-2003, 09:02 PM
In your fantasy, you missed a few things-Coldspring will be small in the line and backfield. You do not have the fastest backs- Gauthier came in second(the only Junior) in the 100m State Track meet, Jon Landry is just as fast,only bigger-- just to name a few. I think BH,BC,H-F, & Liberty can all bring you back to a harsh reality....Watch out for Splendora, they have an eye on your third spot, in your District

FBmania
07-09-2003, 11:13 PM
Trojandad, did the new headcoach issue the FB team some new DR. SCHOLL's cleats or something? You guys must plan on Gellin' like fellons! :D :D :D I know corny but, I could not
resist.
Anyway: 21-3A BC, Anahuac, HF, OF, HJ, Har, Kou, Bun
22-3A BH, Lib, Cold, CL/Spl, Huff, Tar, Shep

Just going by the rumor mill BC maybe a little weaker than I thought but still the front runner in 21-3A.

Combined: BH/BC toss up, Lib/Ana/HF

But that's just my opinion! When the teams strap on their brand spanking new DR. SCHOLLS then we'll see who's doing the most gellin' :D

GO EAGLES!

<small>[ July 10, 2003, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: FBmania ]</small>

trojandad
07-10-2003, 03:12 AM
Hey, I know you guys are talkin for the smart money, like I said before, I wouldn't bet the mortgage on us but I would bet a good size bet on us. LOL

Old Card, I agree your man is fast in the 100 but remember this, during track this year our athletic department was going thru a melt down, the only person that stay focused on track well during that time was TJ Whitley, who won state in high jump. And he was focused because he wasn't a football player and wasn't mixed up in the other mess around here. Tauren Lagway didn't run track for that reason this year and he posted two 4.265 40's back to back in the spring. Ryan Bradford is just behind him at a shade over 4.3 and a 215-220 lb fullback. If we're not the fastest, we're close enough.

And as for the small line theory, that applied for last year when our line had to be, how was it put, "quick, not slobs". We had several 300 lbers sitting the bench, including a 270 lber from Austin Westlake that was as fast as any kid we had. We just kinda got used to the weirdness around here last year but thank God some sanity came to town. Obviously we don't have the choice of big kids of other schools, but we were smaller and less strong by someone's choice that went bye bye.

Honestly, the big chance we would have against either BC or BH is that they lost so much last year compared to us. As for the other teams spoken of, how many times do we need to beat them before we earn a benefit of the doubt? I mean geez, Diboll is ranked tons of points above us in Collier and they aren't even going to have Finley back? Geez.

Anyway, I know the smart money is on you guys, was just stirrin up a stink before leavin for Canada on vacation. Takin the boys for some solace before da war. You men (and ya yas, lol) take care.

DOGS1
07-10-2003, 08:31 AM
Trojandad....

I would be willing to bet both of our mortgages that their is not a single highschool kid in Coldsprings, let alone the state of Texas, that can run a (4.265) 40.

Old Cardinal
07-10-2003, 09:55 AM
Have a good vacation, Trojan...That's what this board is here for information, fantasy, and weird statements...I think you pulled those 40m numbers out of your hat, or heard some kid joking, or something. Braging about beating Dibol, pretty well shows your point...I have seen some fast young kids at BH last year and at Liberty. At BC we have no one fast "man" we have several that have proven themselves in track meets and stealing bases....I would venture the following can outrun anyone at Coldsprings-Cody Sparks(Soph), BJ Myers(JR), Hunter Hays(JR), Jon Landry(JR), and Stephen Broussard & Michael Gauthier(both Seniors). I am serious that I think Splendora could take you out of the playoffs this season-Coach Reese Briggs is a great Offensive Coordinator, and this season he has enough talent to deal some misery! I have seen Coach Weldon, and his staff, win some game they should not have won. The difference is that this year they have a lot of depth-add that to a very cooperative happy program and that makes them a threat!

FBmania
07-10-2003, 12:22 PM
I don't know about any 4.26/40 but the Trojans do have speed to burn. There are a lot of athletes in Coldspring. Trojandad, we know you are excited about all the new changes on the team. I am really starting to get pumped about BH's season. I wish the best for the Trojans this year except for the game against us. :D Good luck this year!

Tell your son to let it all hang out in his senior year and to enjoy this game.

trojandad
07-10-2003, 02:53 PM
I'm getting like PPHS now, I can tell when I've hit a nerve when Old Card starts name calling. LOL

First off, Old Card, call the athletic director of Coldspring, the spring testings were posted in the locker room, bench, cling, 40 times, all of them, (besides the new coach reads this board, he'd hammer me if I said anything untrue) each kid ran back to back 40's, those were Lagway's and Bradford's times. I wasn't there when they ran them or timed them but I'm sure the coaches have better things to do than to lie to their own kids.

Second, Lagway has been in the starting backfield since his freshman year, under three different coaches. His speed is a long way from hidden.

Third, Ohio State and Oklahoma doesn't send offers and scouts to a dinky town like ours for no reason. Lagway (Cat) is hearing from them all. He IS that fast.

Fourth, Coach Walkoviac, asst at Newton, was offensive coordinator here two years ago, ask him.

Fifth, and most funny of all, if you knew what I did for a living and how I could lose it all just for spreading falsehoods over a public chatboard, you'd have a good laugh as well. Enough friends up here read what I write here, and I think I'd choose to be forthright about what I post rather than loose their respect in me for some bragging lie. It also helps the kids to see how to not respond to name calling from people like you without namecalling back, aka PPHS.

Sixth, your exactly right about team speed. The Cowboys didn't win every game with Bob Hayes, did they? LOL

Seventh, I was REALLY hoping QBKilla woulda responded, I thought that post on winning our district woulda got him out of hiding. LOL

Eighth, whether the Hill or us takes district, I can tell you each will be better off for having played the other, whether the Hill has speed or not.

And lastly, I get the message, no more info on the Trojans is desired. But trust me, Old Card, just like I wasn't bragging abouit beating Diboll, merely meaning that track record should go for something, I'm sure the coaches didn't post those 40 times to mess up your day. It's ok for us to have fast athletes. Darius Brown is posted on the net of that Hawaii Bowl game that he went to as having run a 4.3 40 out there this summer. I'm sure they didn't post it just to ruin your day, Cardman.

Ok, will shush about Coldspring stats. I'm sure, like PPHS said, when we win, say over Splendora or Liberty (God forbid injuries), I'll hear what DIDN'T happen. I'm finally catching what PPHS meant. Just never had that venom tongue pointed this way before. It's ok tho, we're all big boys.

Thanks again Mania, you're class in this district, look forward to making that trip over this year and playing such a great bunch, and even seeing you at our open date. Bye all.