PDA

View Full Version : Marlin 21 La Grange 0 FINAL nm

3-ARoy
11-28-2003, 11:01 PM
nm

marlin fan
11-29-2003, 12:10 AM
Man this was a scarry game good job to La Grange they played pretty good ball to night. Go Dawgs Beat Bellville!!!!!

Old Cardinal
11-29-2003, 12:16 AM
Thanks for the info 3A Roy! Cong'ts to La Grange for staying that close to Marlin. I thought it would be by a much larger score. La Grange must have really came in prepared. That ougth to be a good game between Bellville and Marlin-one will be the State Champion!

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

3-ARoy
11-29-2003, 12:25 AM
I also thought it was going to be a blow out Old Card. Marlin only had 4 first downs the entire night, and only gained 30 offensive yards in the second half according to a post I saw on another board.

Pudlugger
11-29-2003, 01:56 AM
La Grange's D held Marlin to 14 giving up 2 tds on long plays with missed tackles. La Grange's O moved the chains all night but got stopped 3 times in the red zone on downs. LG had no turnovers until 1:40 seconds left in the game on the 6 yardline when they threw an interception for the final score. Marlin had only 5 first downs. Refs missed at least 10 calls on holding, pass interference, clipping and facemasking (do you know what a Marlin handle is? It is your facemask! :mad: ). Great effort for La Grange, but Marlin's D just would not break. Go Bellville, win state!!! :( :mad: frown

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

trojandad
11-29-2003, 02:16 AM
I heard on the radio, Pud. My condolences. Convey to your son my best on his senior year.

Congrats to Marlin, looks like that tough predistict schedule is paying off.

Pudlugger
11-29-2003, 02:49 AM
trojandad:
I heard on the radio, Pud. My condolences. Convey to your son my best on his senior year.

Congrats to Marlin, looks like that tough predistict schedule is paying off.Hey, thanks Trojandad, he had a terrific high school career. Tonight he can hold his head high, as he did a great job pass blocking and opening holes on the right side. He hopes to play for the Trinity Tigers in DIII next year. Go leps!!!

the tigers are back
11-29-2003, 09:22 AM
Hey Pudlugger! how would you rate this team on the running attack do they have more of a running game than anyone ya'll played this year.Is that true they had only 4 first downs and how in the heck they get 21 points on ya'll,because i knew that the leps defense would hold their ground.Hey is their running-back the best ya'll played this year or is that just alot hype i hear.I hear all this year about Tank Smith is this his name or is this the wrong one,but i just wanna know who was they best man on offense last night.Hey Pud! how many yards did he get on ya'll and do you think they can play with Bellville or not.I also see that they say the winner of this game will win state,but their are some good teams out their yet such as Gilmer,Rice,Kennadale and i think one of those teams will win the state title just my opinion.I beleive it's gonna be Rice or Gilmer and that's my opinon on the state finals,but we know that's why they play the games.GOOD LUCK TO YA ALL RICE,BELLVILLE,GILMER AND KENNADALE. wink :D

lepfan
11-29-2003, 11:14 AM
I think Bellville will stop them...

Pudlugger
11-29-2003, 12:15 PM
the tigers are back:
Hey Pudlugger! how would you rate this team on the running attack do they have more of a running game than anyone ya'll played this year.Is that true they had only 4 first downs and how in the heck they get 21 points on ya'll,because i knew that the leps defense would hold their ground.Hey is their running-back the best ya'll played this year or is that just alot hype i hear.I hear all this year about Tank Smith is this his name or is this the wrong one,but i just wanna know who was they best man on offense last night.Hey Pud! how many yards did he get on ya'll and do you think they can play with Bellville or not.I also see that they say the winner of this game will win state,but their are some good teams out their yet such as Gilmer,Rice,Kennadale and i think one of those teams will win the state title just my opinion.I beleive it's gonna be Rice or Gilmer and that's my opinon on the state finals,but we know that's why they play the games.GOOD LUCK TO YA ALL RICE,BELLVILLE,GILMER AND KENNADALE. wink :D Well Sealy had a darn good offense in Andrus and Brantly/Zapalac. I'd say Marlin's was better only 'cause they have speed everywhere. If you miss a tackle(like we did on two plays) they're gone! Andrus is like that too, but Marlin has Richardson, Wrighter, Smith and #22 (I didn't get a program-they ran out!). We basically had the Marlin O on the ropes after the 1st quarter 14 point explosion ( an 85 yard run and 90 yard pass). Our O moved the chains real well, but we couldn't score inside the 20 on three occasions . The final td was a gimme on a desperation pass from our 5 yardline in the last minute or so when the Marlin guy intercepted a pass into coverage, and ran it in from the 20. I don't have the stats yet but I know we had way more first downs. Total offense probably too by about 50 or so yards. I don't think they got a first down in the second half. Our D played a tremendous game especially in the second half.

NXT3Ace
11-29-2003, 01:35 PM
Hey Pud, every week it is something new for you to whine about. Last night it was missed holding calls, interference calls, and stiff arming to the face. A good running back will use a stiff arm to his advantage. That just seems like good coaching to me. Last week ya'll won and you whined about the stadium, the announcer, the officiating, the late hits by #55, turning the lights and scoreboard off, and not getting to use your flippin COW BELLS. With all that being said LaGrange had a great season.

lepfan
11-29-2003, 03:21 PM
NXT3Ace:
Hey Pud, every week it is something new for you to whine about. Last night it was missed holding calls, interference calls, and stiff arming to the face. A good running back will use a stiff arm to his advantage. That just seems like good coaching to me. Last week ya'll won and you whined about the stadium, the announcer, the officiating, the late hits by #55, turning the lights and scoreboard off, and not getting to use your flippin COW BELLS. With all that being said LaGrange had a great season.there are always people like you out there...you know what i mean...you have a big stick to stir with don't you...you must enjoy that stick...get a life and have a nice one :D

Pudlugger
11-29-2003, 04:16 PM
NXT3Ace:
Hey Pud, every week it is something new for you to whine about. Last night it was missed holding calls, interference calls, and stiff arming to the face. A good running back will use a stiff arm to his advantage. That just seems like good coaching to me. Last week ya'll won and you whined about the stadium, the announcer, the officiating, the late hits by #55, turning the lights and scoreboard off, and not getting to use your flippin COW BELLS. With all that being said LaGrange had a great season.Ha Ha Ha :D But Cow Bells are fun, man!

FranksBullDog
11-29-2003, 08:31 PM
Sounds like Pudlugger must be an official seeing all those holding calls clips and face masks but he only sees it one way.On one hand the long drives by LG. hurtMB but on the other their coach never tried to open it up.A run oriented attack is good when youre ahead but you must be willing to take a chance if youre behind.

CHEERDAD
11-30-2003, 07:35 AM
FranksBullDog:
Sounds like Pudlugger must be an official seeing all those holding calls clips and face masks but he only sees it one way.On one hand the long drives by LG. hurtMB but on the other their coach never tried to open it up.A run oriented attack is good when youre ahead but you must be willing to take a chance if youre behind.

<small>[ November 30, 2003, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: CHEERDAD ]</small>

champ80
12-01-2003, 04:30 PM
Pudlugger:
La Grange's D held Marlin to 14 giving up 2 tds on long plays with missed tackles. La Grange's O moved the chains all night but got stopped 3 times in the red zone on downs. LG had no turnovers until 1:40 seconds left in the game on the 6 yardline when they threw an interception for the final score. Marlin had only 5 first downs. Refs missed at least 10 calls on holding, pass interference, clipping and facemasking (do you know what a Marlin handle is? It is your facemask! :mad: ). Great effort for La Grange, but Marlin's D just would not break. Go Bellville, win state!!! :( :mad: :(PUD...........I've answered this on another thread........Sour Grapes........LG did control the ball much of the game.........but Marlin had 27 snaps for the night and scored 21 points........They can score from anywhere on the field........... In the second quarter a marlin receiver dropped a TD pass.......he was 10 yards behind the corner(#19).........In the third a play adjustment was made at half time but the sophmore QB passed to the wrong receiver........the deep pattern was wide open........score should have been 35-0........Have not seen Bellville ........But you can count on one thing.........Everyone who makes it this far is very good..........Good luck to all that are still playing..........For everyone else.........it's Basketball time......