PDA

View Full Version : Burnet contest results- Off Topic

weatherag07
10-18-2003, 11:09 PM
Would anybody on here know how the Burnet group did at region marching contest this evening? I'm curious what rating they got. Thanks!

CHS_CG
10-18-2003, 11:20 PM
Ones like always!

weatherag07
10-18-2003, 11:21 PM
Thanks! Making sure they kept up our tradition! How did y'all do?

BurnetBandRules
10-19-2003, 01:47 AM
Burnet got straight 1's! YAY! And on 2 of the three judges sheets, each put "the best band today"! YAY! This is so exciting! YIPEE! What a good way to end my senior year of Marching season! Did anyone see our show? It was so awesome! We got a standing ovation! Not even the exihbition band, Blinn College, got as big of a standing ovation as we did! Way to go, Burnet! Keep it up! YAHOO!!!!

BHS#1
10-19-2003, 09:35 AM
COOL eek! eek! eek! eek!

marlin fan
10-19-2003, 10:39 AM
yall are lucky yall didnt go to waco because they cheated almost everybody... every body that had a lot of black people got 2s and 3s!!!

HornetMom
10-19-2003, 02:01 PM
Burnets band did have a great show. The sound was awesome.
Saw several shows since we were second. Saw shows, including ours, that deserved better scores than they got.
Great to see your one drum major able to conduct after his football injury.

therealbulldogs
10-19-2003, 02:09 PM
The Burnet band had two things going for them that the majority of high school bands that I've seen don't have, pride and energy! I was in the band until my senior year then I quit because no one cared that we looked like crap. So I guess that 3A couldn't advance this year? I hate it how they do that. My sophomore year we could of gone to state but because it wasn't the year for 3A to advance we got straight 1s at regionals and that was it.

<small>[ October 19, 2003, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: therealbulldogs ]</small>

HornetMom
10-19-2003, 02:39 PM
Yes, I know that lots of bands may not have alot of pride and energy. I know that Caldwell band does and they worked their tails off. They pulled off one of the best performances I have seen out of them in 4 years. (And yes, we have had 1's before.) But now we need to come together in support of our football team and the Caldwell/Rockdale game. (Wanted to be sure to tie this in with football) :D

<small>[ October 19, 2003, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: HornetMom ]</small>

Big Cheese
10-19-2003, 03:15 PM
BurnetBandRules:
Burnet got straight 1's! YAY! And on 2 of the three judges sheets, each put "the best band today"! YAY! This is so exciting! YIPEE! What a good way to end my senior year of Marching season! Did anyone see our show? It was so awesome! We got a standing ovation! Not even the exihbition band, Blinn College, got as big of a standing ovation as we did! Way to go, Burnet! Keep it up! YAHOO!!!!Being a member of the Blinn College Band I marched exhibtion yesterday and I noticed that we didn't get a very big standing ovation. If you think about it Blinn's Band represents schools from 1A-5A and many different regions inside those classifications; therefore, we wouldn't get a very big standing ovation because only a small percentage of our band is from 3A Region 18 (myself being one of them). I'm not trying to make an excuse for the small standing ovation just stating a fact. Congratulations to Smithville, La Grange, Burnet, Giddings and the one other school that got 1's (out of 3A) yesterday.

HornetMom
10-19-2003, 03:29 PM
Big Cheese, you are right about the different regions being represented. Caldwell has quite a few members in the band with several in guard. Your show was awesome and it a good tool for the high school kids to give them something to work towards.

b-townhottie06
10-19-2003, 04:24 PM
YAY! Im so glad we did as well as we did! Our show at the bandera game was NOT GOOD AT ALL! But i have to say WE WERE GOOD! CONGRADUALTIONS TO ALL THE OTHER BANDS/DRILL TEAMS ON GETTING SCORES!
And did the judges really give different scores to school with lots of blacks in them? MAN THAT JUST WRONG! They should have been judged FAIRLY! MY GOSH! PEOPLE! LOL!

Ray_BearKat
10-19-2003, 04:35 PM
I went to my sister's marching contest last night and was shocked at seeing the shows performed. The were all very good. I probably saw the state champion in 4A last night, Brownsville Lopez. They made 6th two years ago and won 1st place in 4A Honor Band last year those guys were unbelieveably awesome.