PDA

View Full Version : Andrus, Sealy's running back.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-11-2003, 07:00 PM
Everyone has been asking what's up with Andrus, why is he not playing, and what did he do?

Bellville22
09-11-2003, 08:16 PM
Just got the info on Emeal from a very reliable source. It's a very personal matter that Emeal will have to deal with and I will not give any details on this board. I will say that it certainly did not help his image in my book, which was not a good one to begin with, and I'll leave it at that. I suggest that we just drop the topic, because it is not going to, nor should it, be posted on this board.

As for Emshoff (sp?), he's expected to miss all of the regular season. He could possibly return Week 2 of the playoffs.

Pudlugger
09-11-2003, 09:05 PM
By all means lets protect this fine young man's repututation and chances for a D1 Scholarship to Miami and the reputation of Sealy Football and not discuss this on 3ADL. frown

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-11-2003, 09:21 PM
Oh come on, spill the beans....I hate Sealy! :p Just kiddin' y'all....it must be a pretty bad situation for Emeal Andrus if it's not worth putting on here.

punt
09-11-2003, 09:35 PM
Miami and ou will probably both try to get him. He would fit right into either program.

lepfan
09-11-2003, 10:46 PM
Miami and OU both have more discipline than it appears this one could handle. Coker and (especially)Stoops would not tolerate that type of offense. A player would get the BOB (boot on butt. Players have been sent packing for a lesser offense. Can I say butt?

KL3
09-11-2003, 10:46 PM
He'll make a good cornerback in college.

BrahmaMom
09-11-2003, 11:13 PM
From a Mom: High school boys make bad, bad choices sometimes. Sometimes they affect their whole lives. I hate to see that for any kid. I don't condone breaking rules, laws, or ethics, but I sure hate to see a boy's life ruined. So I hope whatever happened, he pays an appropriate price and is allowed to use his talents. I hope this is a wake-up call to Andrus and a lot of athletes that football programs are not going to tolerate much that is out of line. They don't have to and they should set high standards for their players. Any players out there, take note! You should listen to your Mom!

St. Ivender
09-12-2003, 06:31 AM
lepfan:
Miami and OU both have more discipline than it appears this one could handle. Coker and (especially)Stoops would not tolerate that type of offense. A player would get the BOB (boot on butt. Players have been sent packing for a lesser offense. Can I say butt?Stoops showed me no backbone when he didn't sit down Brandon Everage after a recent run-in with the law. I can't stand that guy and his Steve Spurrieresque visor.

the tigers are back
09-12-2003, 08:03 AM
Oh my i didn't know that we had so many busybodies in football, but hey guys it's not nothing worrying about. I would tell you, but i must ask him and if he's says tell the world than i will. I promise you it's has nothing to with drugs are robbery, but i will give you a hint we all has had one sometime in our lives. I will let you know tomorrow night. wink

Bongo
09-12-2003, 09:53 AM
Sounds like the Sealy coaching staff handled it very well. Growing up can be tough. Hopefully Andrus will use this to refocus his talents. As Brahmamom said "LISTEN TO YOUR MOM"!

BrahmaMom
09-12-2003, 09:59 AM
Thanks, Bongo! Now if I could just get my four boys to listen to their mom, I'd be doing great. I just hate life-altering mistakes at this age. There but for the grace of God go a lot of good kids. Hope this makes some sit up and take notice.

Bellville22
09-12-2003, 11:40 AM
BrahmaMom:
From a Mom: High school boys make bad, bad choices sometimes. Sometimes they affect their whole lives. I hate to see that for any kid. I don't condone breaking rules, laws, or ethics, but I sure hate to see a boy's life ruined. So I hope whatever happened, he pays an appropriate price and is allowed to use his talents. I hope this is a wake-up call to Andrus and a lot of athletes that football programs are not going to tolerate much that is out of line. They don't have to and they should set high standards for their players. Any players out there, take note! You should listen to your Mom!Amen MOM. No matter how wise we think we are, we're never as wise or as smart as our mothers :) .

By the way, I'll be at the Rice game when they play Texas. How are our boys doing over there, I've heard about half of them. Check you PMs.

BrahmaMom
09-12-2003, 12:32 PM
I hope to heck you are wearing BLUE! Check your PMs.

lepfan
09-12-2003, 04:41 PM
St. Ivender:

lepfan:
Miami and OU both have more discipline than it appears this one could handle. Coker and (especially)Stoops would not tolerate that type of offense. A player would get the BOB (boot on butt. Players have been sent packing for a lesser offense. Can I say butt?Stoops showed me no backbone when he didn't sit down Brandon Everage after a recent run-in with the law. I can't stand that guy and his Steve Spurrieresque visor.Brandon Everage was pulled over for rolling through a stop sign, which led to the no seat belt ticket, out of date tag, expired driver's license,transporting an open container which was under the back seat and even the officer said was an old one. He had not been drinking that morning (the traffic stop was at 10 am) he was on his way to a team meeting and was late. Bob Stoops said, "Discipline is being handled in house as long as the administration, the staff, and player's family agree on the type of punishment he is satisfied. Brandon obviously needed to be riding a bicycle not driving (because of expired tags, etc)."

I would like to ask you St Ivendar....do you get punished(days off) at your job(or school) for traffic tickets...you are blowing at the mouth and don't have all the information! Sounds like you are a bit jealous of Bob Stoops and his program he has built. If you look at the history of his disciplinary actions in the past you will see he has a very health spine! For example, the QB Hunter Wall off the team...he was involved in some sort of burglary. I hope you ease up...you seem so tense.

<small>[ September 12, 2003, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: lepfan ]</small>

Pudlugger
09-12-2003, 04:59 PM
BrahmaMom:
From a Mom: High school boys make bad, bad choices sometimes. Sometimes they affect their whole lives. I hate to see that for any kid. I don't condone breaking rules, laws, or ethics, but I sure hate to see a boy's life ruined. So I hope whatever happened, he pays an appropriate price and is allowed to use his talents. I hope this is a wake-up call to Andrus and a lot of athletes that football programs are not going to tolerate much that is out of line. They don't have to and they should set high standards for their players. Any players out there, take note! You should listen to your Mom!Would you still be so charitable if your daughter got beaten up? I doubt it. Oh well, we should just let sleeping dogs lie I guess.