PDA

View Full Version : Orangefield 21 - Liberty 14

Cat22
11-15-2003, 12:13 AM
Great game by the Bobcats tonight. Defense played outstanding tonight and the offense scored when they needed to. That touchdown pass right before the half from Modica to Farias was beautiful. Great job guys, no one has given you a chance all year, but you seem to find a way to win the big games. Let's keep it rolling next week. Congrats to Liberty on a great season, they never gave up tonight. That linebacker number 32 is one of the best I've seen.

the-O-fence
11-15-2003, 12:20 AM
Congrats to the Cats, yall were a very underated team and I knew yall would put up a good game tonight. Good luck next week.

oldercoach
11-15-2003, 12:22 AM
Congratulations Bobcats! :cool: I do hope you showed Liberty the proper respect while you sent them home! :D (sorry, couldn't resist!)

JasperDog94
11-15-2003, 12:24 AM
oldercoach:
Congratulations Bobcats! :cool: I do hope you showed Liberty the proper respect while you sent them home! :D (sorry, couldn't resist!)I was just thinking the same thing.
wink

the-O-fence
11-15-2003, 12:40 AM
District 21 put up a good challenge for 22, everyone thought 22 was a much stronger district than 21, well they arent that much stronger.

3AFTNUT
11-15-2003, 12:41 AM
why to go Orangefield

Cat22
11-15-2003, 12:44 AM
the-O-fence:
District 21 put up a good challenge for 22, everyone thought 22 was a much stronger district than 21, well they arent that much stronger.Judging by the way things went tonight, I would say these districts are pretty evenly matched.

the-O-fence
11-15-2003, 12:52 AM
Cat22
QUOTE]Judging by the way things went tonight, I would say these districts are pretty evenly matched.[/QB]yeah they were pretty evenly matched. The Anahuac Huffman game went down the the wire and it was pretty much back and forth the whole night. Congrats on a good season to the teams that lost tonight and good luck to the ones who are still going.

noitall
11-15-2003, 12:57 AM
Congradulations to Orangefield on a well deserved victory. You really put it on us tonight and to be honest it could have been worse. Congrats to the Panthers also on a great season.

LH Panther Mom
11-15-2003, 01:05 AM
Sorry about your loss, Liberty. Congrats to Orangefield.

Bobkat
11-15-2003, 02:11 AM
Isn't high school football the best thing going. Unbelievable game tonight in Orangefield. Hats off to the Panthers, they never quit tonight. But what about those Bobcats? No one gave these kids a chance tonight, and once again they found a way to win. GREAT JOB CATS!!! Congrats to the coaching staff, that once again had these kids ready to play. Great game plan tonight on both sides of the ball. I agree with ya Cat22 about Liberty's linebacker #32. The best I've seen in along time. He probably had 30 tackles tonight. That young man was all over the field.

exbccards76'smom
11-15-2003, 06:42 AM
Congrats to the Bobcats. Good luck next week.

trojandad
11-15-2003, 07:58 AM
With the good games between these two schools the previous two playoff games, I know two coaches that should get smart and schedule this game during their pre district run each year. The previous two years prove that this is turning into a heck of a rivalry for both schools and would make for a huge turnout.

Congrats to Liberty. Nobody can ever take away 10-0 from you guys. My hats off to Orangefield, they obviously ignored the record and played their buns off. Who do they get next, Bellville?

Pudlugger
11-15-2003, 08:35 AM
trojandad:
With the good games between these two schools the previous two playoff games, I know two coaches that should get smart and schedule this game during their pre district run each year. The previous two years prove that this is turning into a heck of a rivalry for both schools and would make for a huge turnout.

Congrats to Liberty. Nobody can ever take away 10-0 from you guys. My hats off to Orangefield, they obviously ignored the record and played their buns off. Who do they get next, Bellville?Hey Trojan Dad good to see you're still posting. How's your boy doing? I know the Trojans had a tough year but I'm certain they will rebuild and make some trouble next season. Is your son graduating?

Orangefield and La Grange meet for the first time next week. It should be an exciting game, hope you can make it. :)

Pudlugger
11-15-2003, 08:42 AM
This game brings back some unpleasant memories of the La Grange 1999 season. Tye Gunn led the Leps to 10-0 in the regular season winning a couple of squeekers along the way. They beat Coldwell ugly in round one while being favored to roll over the Hornets. In Round 2 they lost 21-14 to Robinson in a similar fashion, turnovers and lost opportunities. The next season they were 8-2 going into the play-offs having lost the openning game to eventual 4a champion Bay City and game 3 to Gonzales 13-7. They won 6 straight to win the 3a Championship that year. Sometimes it is not a good thing to be undefeated in the play-off environment. A loss is a catharsis in a way, taking pressure off the kids so they can once again play well. :)

CSQB7
11-15-2003, 10:26 AM
Pudlugger:
This game brings back some unpleasant memories of the La Grange 1999 season. Tye Gunn led the Leps to 10-0 in the regular season winning a couple of squeekers along the way. They beat Coldwell ugly in round one while being favored to roll over the Hornets. In Round 2 they lost 21-14 to Robinson in a similar fashion, turnovers and lost opportunities. The next season they were 8-2 going into the play-offs having lost the openning game to eventual 4a champion Bay City and game 3 to Gonzales 13-7. They won 6 straight to win the 3a Championship that year. Sometimes it is not a good thing to be undefeated in the play-off environment. A loss is a catharsis in a way, taking pressure off the kids so they can once again play well. :) My hats off to La Grange yall shure showed us a time 2nd round last year in the playoffs hope everything turnout right for yall athletes and also my hats off to the bobcats I underestimated yall talent.Good luck to both teams this will be a good match up.

trojandad
11-15-2003, 10:44 AM
Hey Pud, good to see ya, my friend. So you guys get Orangefield, huh? Well let me know where and when and I'll be there with bells on. Glad to hear your son's season has continued another game.

Ty's knee has healed well. He played the rest of the year with a titanium brace with good success. It slowed him a bit but he still had an outstanding year. He got a bad stinger in his middle back against Liberty that bugged him the rest of the year but nothing that rest hasn't healed. Heck, before he went out of the Liberty game the second half, he had two sacks, caused two fumbles and Liberty only had like 30 yards the first half. But that's the way the ball bounces. Anyway, he's had several D1 offers and looks like he'll be able to stay fairly close to home and play. Darius is trying to take him to Iowa State with him but I don't think he wants snow that badly. LOL

So what college gets to pledge young Stiffler? Let's get these two together again. Look forward to it, Doc.

Pudlugger
11-15-2003, 11:11 AM
CSQB7:

Pudlugger:
This game brings back some unpleasant memories of the La Grange 1999 season. Tye Gunn led the Leps to 10-0 in the regular season winning a couple of squeekers along the way. They beat Coldwell ugly in round one while being favored to roll over the Hornets. In Round 2 they lost 21-14 to Robinson in a similar fashion, turnovers and lost opportunities. The next season they were 8-2 going into the play-offs having lost the openning game to eventual 4a champion Bay City and game 3 to Gonzales 13-7. They won 6 straight to win the 3a Championship that year. Sometimes it is not a good thing to be undefeated in the play-off environment. A loss is a catharsis in a way, taking pressure off the kids so they can once again play well. :) My hats off to La Grange yall shure showed us a time 2nd round last year in the playoffs hope everything turnout right for yall athletes and also my hats off to the bobcats I underestimated yall talent.Good luck to both teams this will be a good match up.Thanks for the kind words, CSQB7. I remember you very well. You had a real strong arm and could move the chains on the ground as well. How are you doing at Prairie View? Are you playing ball?

trojandad
11-15-2003, 11:50 AM
He's the one goin to Iowa State next year, Pud.

Hey, D, we had another bbq at the house last week, better come get some leftovers, got tons of cornbread. You wanna go see LaGrange with us next Friday?

<small>[ November 15, 2003, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: trojandad ]</small>

noitall
11-15-2003, 04:22 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by trojandad:
<strong>With the good games between these two schools the previous two playoff games, I know two coaches that should get smart and schedule this game during their pre district run each year. The previous two years prove that this is turning into a heck of a rivalry for both schools and would make for a huge turnout.

Congrats to Liberty. Nobody can ever take away 10-0 from you guys. My hats off to Orangefield, they obviously ignored the record and played their buns off. Who do they get next, Bellville?</strong>[/QUOTE
Thanks TD. It was a disapointing end to a really great season. Orangefield deserves alot of credit. We're just not good enough to overcome turnovers like we had against a really good team. Good luck in Coldspring next season. I think yall will be back at the top with us and Barbers Hill

noitall
11-15-2003, 04:23 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by trojandad:
<strong>With the good games between these two schools the previous two playoff games, I know two coaches that should get smart and schedule this game during their pre district run each year. The previous two years prove that this is turning into a heck of a rivalry for both schools and would make for a huge turnout.

Congrats to Liberty. Nobody can ever take away 10-0 from you guys. My hats off to Orangefield, they obviously ignored the record and played their buns off. Who do they get next, Bellville?</strong>[/QUOTE
Thanks TD. It was a disapointing end to a really great season. Orangefield deserves alot of credit. We're just not good enough to overcome turnovers like we had against a really good team. Good luck in Coldspring next season. I think yall will be back at the top with us and Barbers Hill