PDA

View Full Version : My views about anti-war protesters

sinton66
03-24-2003, 09:29 PM
I will be the first to agree that everyone in this country has a right to his/her own opinion, and I would defend to my death their right to do so. I do, however, have to question the wisdom of the protesters. In a time of highest alert for terrorist activity here in the US, these people have to hit the streets and demonstrate. While this is indeed their right as long as they don't break the law, the only thing it accomplishes is pulling hundreds, maybe even thousands of police officers from their normal duties toward public safety. AP reported that the demonstrations in San Francisco cost $900,000 a day in police overtime. This is taxpayer money. The demonstrators get to do so freely, and WE have to pick up the tab. I'm sorry if anyone disagrees with my point of view here, but I resent people, who by their stupidity, endanger the general public. As Fred Thompson former Senator from Tenn. said in his ad, "Without the brave, there would be no land of the free".

<small>[ March 24, 2003, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Ladykat5
03-24-2003, 09:39 PM
I agree with ya!

Old Dog
03-24-2003, 10:33 PM
66...man, we do agree on the issue! As with most issues, many of the protestors are people just swept up in the moment. One of the press photos showed a young woman lying on the sidewalk being tended for a knot on her head applied by a police baton. Some of these morons thing they are going out for a stroll with their buddies and do a little chanting and go home. Next thing you know, real life kicks into gear and they just "don't undertand what happened". Sorry to be so crude, but they are dumb ass morons who should have been in class and not wasting their parents and the tax payers hard earned education dollars!

Matthew328
03-24-2003, 10:42 PM
If people wanna protest fine...it is their right..BUT they need to do it in a peaceful way...kind of hypocritical to protest for peace yet then your peace protest turns violent..what's up with that? Of course to be fair I have seen hypocritical behavior from both sides of the issue of the war...I haven't said much about the war issue...here is my take (for what it's worth) I support what the president is doing 100% I just wish his dad would have taken care of this 12 years ago when we had the chance...

sinton66
03-24-2003, 11:46 PM
Unfortunately, we listened to the "diplomats" back then, and gave in to letting the UN handle it with negotiations, economic pressure, and bans. The only problem with that entire idea is that you cannot reason with a lunatic. I'm beginning to think that like its predecessor (the League of Nations), the UN may have outlived its usefullness.

Matthew328
03-25-2003, 12:14 AM
Good point sinton66 what did the League of Nations in during the late 1930's was a failure to react to a madman who was hell bent on taking over Europe..(Hitler ring a bell) thus the LON's unwillingness to react and put a stop to Hitler is a cause of WWII (one of many causes) same thing is happening with the UN...their unwillingness to confront Hussein and be stern with him has forced the US, UK, Australia, Spain and Poland to take a stand...the UN has really been discredited with this....and the Iraqis and proving the UN inspectors to be incompetent as they possess Scud Missles which they aren't allowed to have as well as likely possessing chemical weapons..

sinton66
03-25-2003, 01:17 AM
Not only that, but US Intellegence says they now have a map of the "line in the sand". They say they have intercepted orders to the Iraqi Military that when coalition forces cross this line, they are to use the chemical weapons in the form of mortar and artillery shells. Makes one wonder how they can order the military to use weapons they "don't have". Oddly enough, our military leaders say our forces are well prepared for this, far better than the Iraqi military or the Iraqi citizens will be prepared for it.

rholl
03-25-2003, 05:59 PM
If the news would keep the protests off the air they would lose most of their steam......protesting is just the popular thing to do for the most part...and if its getting no TV time then it must not be popular!! Besides that....I don't even think it qualifies as news....so keep the real news on the air and the liberal crap off of my news!!!!!!!!

sinton66
03-25-2003, 10:02 PM
I can agree with your sentiment. There are many POSITIVE ways to protest something. Wise people find a way.

Chief Woodman
03-25-2003, 10:09 PM
Don't you find it odd that most of the Hollywood folks who are against war because of "the loss of human life" are in favor of abortion?

sinton66
03-26-2003, 12:30 AM
No, actually, that doesn't surprize me. When you think about it, those folks live in a make-believe world. When you are totally out of touch with reality, all sorts of weird things can begin to make sense to you. I think it's a form of sensory deprevation.

exbccards76'smom
03-26-2003, 08:41 AM
What makes me wonder about is that there are U.S. citizens in Iraq acting as "human Shields". Yes, you have the right to protest, please do so. But this just sounds so ignorant. Sounds like to me this people are wanting to commit suicide: going into a war zone like that.

God Bless the U.S.A.

God bless and keep our men and women safe.

Phil C
03-26-2003, 09:54 AM
I agree that people have the right to protest but I think there comes a time when one has to resign themselves to things in life. For example I was against daylight savings time when it came back into existance in the 60's and I am still against it now. But it is here so I have learned to live and adjust with it. Now that the war is going on is the time to forget protesting and get behind our government and support our troops and be united for victory.

sinton66
03-27-2003, 09:16 PM
exbccards76'smom:
What makes me wonder about is that there are U.S. citizens in Iraq acting as "human Shields". Yes, you have the right to protest, please do so. But this just sounds so ignorant. Sounds like to me this people are wanting to commit suicide: going into a war zone like that.

God Bless the U.S.A.

God bless and keep our men and women safe.What kind of MORON would travel to a war zone? Must have a big death wish.

Old Dog
03-27-2003, 10:36 PM
66....it's taken me a LONG time, but I think I have figured out part of OUR problem. Of course, we are not super intelligent people ourselves, BUT "we give the average person one hell of a lot more credit for brains than they deserve".