PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie...

vfunk
11-17-2001, 12:20 AM
was there a reason i said abilene wylie was overrated you ask....hmmmm....there seems to be doesnt there?? Congrats to Vernon on the huge win.

rsjmann
11-17-2001, 12:23 AM
DITTO, DITTO, DITTO!!! IT'S TIME FOR THE DAWGS TO GET IN THEIR HOUSE AND PLAY B-BALL.CONGRATULATIONS VERNON!!!

eye of the tiger
11-17-2001, 12:26 AM
I still thought Wylie would win this. you are right a huge win for Vernon. And congrats to Forney. Another walk in the park for the # 1 team in the state.

dogdad
11-17-2001, 12:36 AM
The Wylie fans thought they could beat Forney this year. Looks like they should have been worrying about Vernon instead.

Rabbit93
11-17-2001, 12:39 AM
the first time I saw the final score I thought the guy had got his numbers backwards. Congrats to Vernon.

vfunk
11-17-2001, 09:35 AM
any wylie posters willing to step up to the plate?

rsjmann
11-17-2001, 10:21 AM
WHO PUT THE DAWGS OUT!!! RUFF,RUFF,RUFF . I DON'T THINK ANY WYLIE POSTERS HAVE SAID ANYTHING. I GUESS THE CATS GOT THEIR TINGUES.

fury900
11-17-2001, 10:25 AM
I GUESS THE Lions GOT THEIR TINGUES

Originally posted by rsjmann:
WHO PUT THE DAWGS OUT!!! RUFF,RUFF,RUFF . I DON'T THINK ANY WYLIE POSTERS HAVE SAID ANYTHING. I GUESS THE CATS GOT THEIR TINGUES.

Specklebelly
11-17-2001, 01:53 PM
Ive sat back and observed all of the trash the Wylie fans talked all year and now they have disappeared. So Wylie fans, what are your excuses ...um..er...I mean what happened that caused you to get knocked in the first round? Judging from some of the posts I have read from some of you, overconfidence and overlooking an opponent could not have possibily been the problem!

the claw
11-17-2001, 04:14 PM
That shows how much of a class act Wylie really is.

bigdawg
11-17-2001, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by the claw:
That shows how much of a class act Wylie really is.

Yea, it does. I play for Wylie,and I hate getting crap rubbed in my face, so you shut up too. Wylie does have class act, and just because I post something like that doesn't mean the whole school is not classy.

coolguycody_c
11-17-2001, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by BIGDAWG:

Yea, it does. I play for Wylie,and I hate getting crap rubbed in my face, so you shut up too. Wylie does have class act, and just because I post something like that doesn't mean the whole school is not classy.

Oh, COME ON PEOPLE! I played for Vernon, I went to wylie too. I know people at Wylie. Why can't you act like them and have some humility. All you have to do is say that Vernon played better football all around last night and beat you fair and square.

PurpleMonkey11
11-17-2001, 06:29 PM
Football isn't everything and to you people who think it so cool to put Wylie down on this stupid internet sight after they lost to a great team that just played better Friday night it shows how shallow you all are. Congrats Vernon. We at Wylie are better and classier than that.

vfunk
11-17-2001, 06:44 PM
dont get your feelings hurt purple monkey...SOME wylie fans were talkin crap all year...its payback time!!!!

Matthew328
11-17-2001, 06:47 PM
Gotta agree with VFunk...we have Wylie fans on here all year talking this and that..and to be honest we couldn't say anything...Wylie had scoreboard on everyone except Gatesville...well now looks like it is a different story...basically don't dish it out if you can't take it!

whsfan
11-17-2001, 07:08 PM
VFunk you think it's a good idea to kick a team and community when they're down. What a brave little kid you are!

Wylie is a great school with great atheletics and academics. I'll bet that Wylie still beats Forney this year for the Lone Star Cup.

Go Everman!

Originally posted by VFunk:
was there a reason i said abilene wylie was overrated you ask....hmmmm....there seems to be doesnt there?? Congrats to Vernon on the huge win.

rsjmann
11-17-2001, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by fury900:
I GUESS THE Lions GOT THEIR TINGUES

Isn't a lion a large cat?

rsjmann
11-17-2001, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328:
Gotta agree with VFunk...we have Wylie fans on here all year talking this and that..and to be honest we couldn't say anything...Wylie had scoreboard on everyone except Gatesville...well now looks like it is a different story...basically don't dish it out if you can't take it!
I could not agree with you more. I was looking over the past 90 days of post and each week starting with Sunday, BIGDAWG, WHSFAN, and several others were saying how great they were. I do agree they did have a great football team, ....IN THEIR OWN MINDS. And as for PURPLEMONKEY11, you only have 7 posts so do not try to defend the other trash talkers when they dished it out all season.

[This message has been edited by rsjmann (edited November 17, 2001).]

hsguru
11-17-2001, 09:12 PM
Plain and simple Vernon whipped us!! They are a good team! Good luck to the lions the rest of the way!!!!!

vfunk
11-17-2001, 09:57 PM
thank you guru...you are a very respectable fan and your comments make me feel for you and the wylie team....i am not a wisher of ill fate...i just wanted to point out that i thought all along that wylie was overrated and that i was right...im not trying to kick a team or a town while they are down. And about the Lone Star Cup...you can take it if it means that we will win state...or even the next game for all that matters!! But about that...I dont know if you will...We should have pretty salty track and baseball teams again...but good luck to you...i hope wylie does excel in their respective sports...as i stated i wish no team ill fate...just some of the people that thought a certain team was unbeatable!!!

rsjmann
11-18-2001, 02:01 AM
I agree with the trash talking from some of the Wylie posters. I have to admit though, if I were to have placed a bet who would win Division I before the 1st round it probably would have been Wylie. They had a very tough district and went undefeated.

mark838
11-18-2001, 10:13 AM
I think that maybe because 5-3A was so tough maybe there was a bit of a letdown after the district race was over. I thought it seemed awful quiet during last week, and I wondered if there might be some upsets in the playoff games.

BULLDOG02
11-18-2001, 12:27 PM
Im not going to give any sob stories or any kind of excuse about the game at all, because bottom line, there truthfully is not one. Vernon played one heck of a game and they deserved to win. I hope they go far. I dont think we came together and played like I know we can. But hey, this was going to have to happen to one of the teams. I truly do hope that the Vernon team goes far, Im going to try and make it to the Aledo game next week to watch them. But on a more personal note, we understand that we were beat and Vernon played one heck of a game. But it kills us, to have to listen to people say how overated we were and other things as of that manner. Especially us that dont get on here to talk crap, but rather to see what is being said about the game. I know there are Wylie players and fans on here that do brag or talk trash, but dont let them change your outlook on the whole Wylie community or team. And for the boys of Vernon, I wish you good luck and hope you go all they way.

anonymous
11-18-2001, 11:42 PM
Im from sweetwater when Wylie beat us they didnt rub it in our face so i say leave them alone.

Idiot
11-19-2001, 08:42 AM
I would just like to say that Friday night Vernon played the better game.I knew it would be a rough game and still think the winner of that game will win Region 1,As far as kicking us (Wylie) when we are down, that is all of ya'lls chose if you want to do that,I will agree some players and fans DID talk trash (backing the team)and they did do some rubbing in the face themselves to other teams, so everyone go ahead and do the rubbing and have your fun.I just want to congrad. the Wylie team for a great year and tell the guys to keep there heads up , you have nothing to be ashamed of, Vernon IS a very good team. Would also say that Vernon was very good sportsman and i wish them well and hope they go a long ways in the playoffs.

Endword
11-19-2001, 10:47 AM
I am simply a Wylie fan and a fan of Friday nights in TX. I don't have a kid playing football at Wylie so I am a "biased, unbiased" poster.

I think most of the trash talking by Wylie and others is done by younger posters sometimes in fun and sometimes in bravado. It should be taken with a grain of salt on both the giving and receiving end.

Friday night we played a Vernon team that beat us on both sides of the ball. I was impressed with their play and
sportsmanship.

To the Wylie players, thanks for a great year and previous years. To those still playing, play hard and enjoy your run and in the end, win or lose, walk away with your head up knowing you did your best.