PDA

View Full Version : SHALLOWATER OVER MULESHOE.. WHAT HAPPENED?

rsjmann
10-27-2001, 01:08 PM
WHAT HAPPENED TO MULESHOE AGAINST SHALOWATER. A 1-6 TEAM OVER AN UNDEFEATED TEAM.?/?????

mahatma
10-27-2001, 07:44 PM
THE BETTER TEAM WON IS WHAT HAPPENED! SHALLOWATER IS MUCH BETTER THAN THEIR 2-5
(NOT 1-6)RECORD,NOW 3-5. THEY PLAYED A TOUGH
NON-DISTRICT SCHEDULE.

rsjmann
10-28-2001, 06:01 PM
I AM GLAD THEY WON. MULESHOE ALWAYS THINKS THEY ARE SO GREAT BUT WILL NOT PLAY LAMESA. SHALLOWATER PLAYED A GOOD GAME AGAINST LAMESA IN THE PRE-DISTRICT SCHEDULE.

Jacket2000
10-28-2001, 06:14 PM
Shallowater has a good program, just not much talent. The kids hustle their tails off and if you make a mistake, they'll capitalize on it. It's very possible that Muleshoe overlooked them.
J2K
"No one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his."-George S.Patton

mahatma
10-28-2001, 08:47 PM
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM PLAY LAMESA TOO.
WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SEE HOW 2A POWERHOUSES
POST & IDALOU WOULD FAIR AGAINST THEM.

Da Mules
10-28-2001, 09:57 PM
OK, Mahatma Ghandi, kick em while they're down. 1: I think what happened is that since Littlefield squeaked by Shallowater, and Muleshoe absolutely crushed LIttlefield, the Muleshoe players got a bad case of complacency and false sense of confidence. QB Lincold Riley threw his only 2 interceptions of the season in this game. 2: speaking of which, I also don't understand why the Muleshoe coaches dinked around with the passing game when it was apparent from the get-go Shallowater absolutely could not stop the running game. 3: da Mules are a little thin on talent, and when their starting linebacker got hurt, and their primo running back got bad leg cramps in the late 3rd quarter, Shallo was able to stop them, and then drive for the go-ahead. Yes, I would agree that Shallowater is a much better team than their non-district record indicates. I don't really care if Muleshoe plays Lamesa or Idalou or whomever; I don't make the schedule, I just show up at the games to holler for my hometown boys. And I gotta say this; if Muleshoe meets Shallowater again in the playoffs, who do you honestly think is gonna win?? I'm not knocking the Mustangs; they played harder on this particular Friday night and they desrved to win.

[This message has been edited by Da Mules (edited October 28, 2001).]